Big Noon Show

Hurtlocker

Big Noon?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Take on the Big Noon show

• Blows goats
    • Best thing about it is its only an hour long
    • Fuck Gameday

Anyone watching it?   I kind of like it so far.   While its a bit more sterile without the crowds, like an NFL show, its short and sweet.   I didn't realize part of the spread offence was developed due to a missed assignment at Utah.  Granted, could be revisionist history, but I'm not willing to put down my beer to look it up.

I’m watching it now. Also like that it’s only an hour (less chance of a Renaldi-like tear jerker story). It does make me laugh that Fox pregame shows are so dug in on doing a segment where they line up on their shortened fake “field” though the spread story during it/because of it was interesting.

• 3 years later...

Big Noon is a better show. Urban is an excellent analyst. All the other guys gel together well. 

I listened to the audible podcast with Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel for the first time in forever this morning. Mandel asked Bruce if he and Urban would go out for drinks on Friday night. Lolz.

Also fuck Stewart. Evidently he picked us to go 4-8? Jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We're playing at fucking 11AM due to Fox and their "Big Noon" bullshit.  And people are defending them over Gameday?  I don't give a damn if it's a "better show".  Fox is screwing college football on campuses across the country out of a primetime game every single weekend and now it's our turn.  I'll never watch the show on principle. Can't wait to get out of the Big 12 contract.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Big Noon is produced for people that watch college football.

While I also like Big Noon quite a bit (including it’s less bloated two hour format), I’d say it’s more accurate to say it’s for people that watch college football of the conferences that have their games (read: Big Ten the VAST majority of the time). My biggest criticism of it has always been it feels too much like a pep rally for the game they are showcasing vs the day’s slate of games. I give GameDay the advantage in that regard.

Also, I like that it is very subtle in peppering in sponsors

c2ed7059138e22011ca3c67bfd384753.jpg

c12049e3034c637b48f5cc38b003e79b.jpg

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I can’t watch Urban Meyer for more than 30 seconds. 

Can't imagine how many retired/exiled HCs are sitting on their couches and throwing a low boy tumbler of bourbon at their TV every time they see ol' CUM on Fox while screaming "they're paying that asshole millions and I can't get a look?"