Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Sark has to take his shot with Ewers, if he doesn't get a difference maker at QB this next year, he won't be here after Arch's first or second year. Arch has to be cool with that. That would be my spiel to Arch. I have to get a dawg at QB now, or I won't be here for your years as a Longhorn.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

All the olds here not understanding how college station could be lit fail to remember that promiscuous chicks or dudes for that matter can make any shit hole lit.  It would be the rare 17 year old boy to appreciate the high rise luxury condos, fancy food snob scene, or hipster music festivals, or opportunities at political activism that are possible in the best city in the land Austin.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 11/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, UDontKnow said:

It's okay to let the kid enjoy being a senior in high school even if it is at a brand new school in Austin.

If I have a few more drinks, I can dream that Arch comes to Westlake and wins a state championship with TJ Shanahan and then they both commit to Texas and win a national championship with Connor Robertson.  

17 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I dont see how we expect to compete in the SEC if we dont do what it takes to get guys like this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

I dont see how we expect to compete in the SEC if we dont do what it takes to get guys like this. 

Hicks is a huge aggy lean.  I’m sure you can put two and two together.  They are so far ahead of us on the lines with regards to size and talent to compete in the SEC.  We have 1 guy, Collins, that is of that caliber.  This staff needs to have a serious conversation with the boosters with money with regards to why it’s going to take to get back to winning.  I’m guessing nothing will get done until aggy slaps us around when we play them in a few years.  

IT Scoop:

A pair of 2023 prospects are entertaining the idea of reclassifying to the 2022 class and enrolling in their college of choice in June. One of those is On300 defensive back and Texas commit Jamel Johnson (Arlington, Texas/Seguin). The other is On300 top 100 EDGE/LB Anthony Hill (Denton, Texas/Ryan). Hill has Texas and Texas A&M among his top choices. IT wants to be clear that this does not mean both are definitely making the move to the 2022 class, but working towards the opportunity.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:11 PM, victory88 said:

I think all of what you said if valid.  Our fear is that our mounting losses and team getting exposed is going to give him pause and make him rethink if the Austin college experience is worth stepping into this mess.  It’s one thing to join a 8-9-10 win team and help the get over the hump… it’s another thing to join a team that is staring at not making a bowl game …

Some kids want to be the start of something great.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ashton-Porter-46110030/

Ashton Porter was on D.Browns IG with Justice Finkley and Trevell Johnson, they were telling him to commit and he said the only reason he hasn't committed yet was because his parents were looking at the academics side of things? It was a bit hard to hear though.