Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

38 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:
Well, somebody fucked something up for this thread.
I'm locked & loaded with alcohol and waiting for more amazing news of the night.
If I were a Nike guy, I'd be all over these shoes.
Wait.. I meant kicks. 

You an Adee-dahz guy?

I used to be kinda okay with them.
But their tendency towards social issues lately has turned me off.

I am NOT going to comment more than that because this is not the political forum.

6 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

What’s the 4:1 ratio all about?

I was wondering too.  
I don't think it has anything to do with a four year diploma, but that was my first thought.
Basketball players can jump to the NBA after one year but Football can't.
Anyone know if that's gonna change anytime soon?

One and done NCAA football players?!?

59 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

That is NOT my intention on the thread.
I'mma drink and probably annoy a few peoples (sorry) when I get excited about something Longhorns Football related.

But I'm not here to shit on anyone's day.

Side note though, I will never forget when I went to an In'In'Out burger at like 11PM-midnight'ish time and got my buger, fries and natural ingredient milkshake.  Parked my car in their semi-dark parking lot and started eating.  And then a teenage girl comes running up, walks to the front of my car by the bushes in my parking spot.
Drops her jeans and starts peeing.

It was Sark after Dark, so she didn't see me at first.

But after a moment, we locked eyes.  

She suddenly looked like a Doe crossing a street in the middle of the night.

Five seconds later (felt like an hour) she pulled up her pans and ran away without even zipping or buttoning.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:
Well, somebody fucked something up for this thread.
I'm locked & loaded with alcohol and waiting for more amazing news of the night.
If I were a Nike guy, I'd be all over these shoes.
Wait.. I meant kicks. 

You an Adee-dahz guy?

Not that it matters, but I'm currently an Under Armour guy.  
I don't pledge allegiance to ANY large corporation.
But when I have to buy from one, it's UA right now.

Again... I'm not including any politics into this.

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I liked merlot when I watched this movie. I hardly drink it now because it always reminds me of the scene.

There is very good Merlot, just don’t drink $12-$18 Chilean Merlot. 

Drink $30+ Napa Merlot or $25-$100 Right Bank Bordeaux (predominately Merlot).

42 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

"Let me drop a thinly-veiled political comment, but then talk about how I'm not gonna talk about politics on the recruiting board. I'm just saying I'm boycotting a shoe company for a political reason. But it has nothing to do with politics!"

You probably won't get a response tonight, since dude is already fast asleep on his oh-so-comfortable MyPillow. But no politics. 

• Haha 9

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-football-recruiting-Malik-Muhammad-commitment-scouting-take-190339791/

Texas added one of the nation's top cornerback prospects Wednesday with the commitment of Malik Muhammad, one of the top 10 players at his position in the 2023 class, per the Top247 rankings. Muhammad hails from a football family with several other defensive backs, and played a key role in Fall 2021 for a Dallas South Oak Cliff squad that went 15-1 and won the Texas Class 5A Division II state championship.

Approaching 6 feet with very good length, Muhammad owns the requisite frame to live on the outside at the high-major level. His lean, wiry strong build should be able to add mass as needed and provide versatility at the back end of the Longhorns' defense.

Muhammad provides two-sport participation with reps in the triple jump, long jump, and high jump, as well as multiple relays. He ran anchor for South Oak Cliff's 4x200 relay squad. His best jump event is the triple, which featured a 43-foot, 6 1/2-inch personal record this past spring.

Muhammad has posted encouraging testing data in the lateral agility and suddenness categories, which reflect in his short-area quickness and ability to stick to receivers in coverage. As a junior in 2021, Muhammad produced impressive numbers with 68 tackles, three interceptions, and six pass breakups. One of the INTs he returned for a touchdown.

One of the safest bets at the position in this class, Muhammad could get on the field early in college. He's faced good competition and comes from a program at South Oak Cliff that propels players to the FBS level at a high rate, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Here's more on Muhammad from national analysts Chris Singletar* and Cooper Petagna, who provides the 247Sports scouting report on Muhammad below.

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The entire point of the movie is that not drinking merlot because you're stuck up about it is dumb!

Sometimes I wonder if people even watched the movie.  Merlot was his ex-wife's favorite wine.  He refused to drink it after his divorce because he is an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

The entire point of the movie is that not drinking merlot because you're stuck up about it is dumb!

Yes, at the time I was a beer drinker and drank wine only from time to time and bought the cheapest and worst there was so I was dumb enough to not understand Merlot is not a terrible wine if you find the right one. Now since I must have munchies when drinking beer I can't afford the calories. Still there is the scene so I have moved on to Cabs and I enjoy an array of them that are in a price range that actually taste decent.

Edited by DanTheHorn

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Yes, at the time I was a beer drinker and drank wine only from time to time and bought the cheapest and worst there was so I was dumb enough to not understand Merlot is not a terrible wine if you find the right one. Now since I must have munchies when drinking beer I can't afford the calories. So I have moved on to Cabs and I enjoy an array of them that are in a price range that actually taste decent.

Thanks Mac.

• Haha 4