Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You're gonna have to try harder to get this thread back on track. Perhaps throw in some cheese puns next time

So anyways, I think it's a gouda time for an introduction of some combo McRib and Chicken Fried Steak to eat while discussing mountain passes with a Russian whore.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

So anyways, I think it's a gouda time for an introduction of some combo McRib and Chicken Fried Steak to eat while discussing mountain passes with a Russian whore.

A Chicken Fried McRib?  I’m on my own a few days next week.  I may have to give this a shot.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Doesn't that symbolize him finally moving on from his ex? 

Yes.  Wine is a metaphor.  Myles thoughts on Pinot are his feelings about himself.  His feelings about Merlot are his feelings toward his wife.  The Bordeaux is their marriage.  At the end he drinks it irreverently from a styrofoam cup, then goes to see Maya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Yes.  Wine is a metaphor.  Myles thoughts on Pinot are his feelings about himself.  His feelings about Merlot are his feelings toward his wife.  The Bordeaux is their marriage.  At the end he drinks it irreverently from a styrofoam cup, then goes to see Maya.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

You start cheese puns up again and you might get grilled. 

blood splatter shoot self GIF by South Park

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Have to wonder what this means for recruiting.

It means to me we are about to now see full scale tiered farm teams… Great FR season at Troy in the Sun Bt gets you a spot at UAB as a Soph. Then a great SOPH season at UAB gets you a spot at Auburn

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Have to wonder what this means for recruiting.

It would mean you would always be recruiting every player you want to keep or poach, even if they transferred before.  I can't imagine coaches like it, although they will say publicly they are for players being able to do what's right for them.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

I suspect that transfer rule change is driven by the legal department. There's just not a legal defense for the one time restriction, however much it makes sense from a competition and order standpoint 

Since when has the NCAA ever made preemptive moves on this type of stuff though? Usually they just get dragged kicking and screaming by the courts

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

I suspect that transfer rule change is driven by the legal department. There's just not a legal defense for the one time restriction, however much it makes sense from a competition and order standpoint 

Yeah.  The 1-time rule makes sense to a point, but I would think that rules more targeted to competition would be better than a blanket 1-time limitation.

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Long term this is probably a terrible thing for the sport and the players that come down the line.  The only reason 18-21 YO's have value for playing football is b/c of their connections to colleges.  If they were semi-pro teams they'd be paid about like baseball players- who make less than minimum wage unless the owners are shamed enough to throw a bone or two their way, or like G leaguers who make something like $1,000.00 a week. If you turn this into a great re-set every year and destroy the bonds with colleges then that will drive people away from the sport and they will have nothing in the future.   It's a dangerous game and those doing it right now have no incentive to do what's best for the future, b/c they will only be there for 3-5 years.  

It's hard to make something work when nobodies incentives line up. 

b832b3a5-cf3c-4fee-a920-329df428fc5c_tex

7bc2b33e-4254-4208-9a5d-b3399ca43ecd_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you turn this into a great re-set every year and destroy the bonds with colleges then that will drive people away from the sport and they will have nothing in the future

People continue to root for MLB and NFL teams based on like 3 or 4 mainstay players and the rest shuffling in and out or being known expendables.  College basketball is already a yearly rent-a-team scenario for many top schools and has been for a while.