Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

I remember Buss for psych 101. First day  the old short dude walks into the packed auditorium at batts hall and announces there's a sign up sheet outside his office and anyone that beats him at racquetball, the entire class gets a day off.

Finally near the end of the year he asks a student to stand up, announces that the student beat him for his first loss

in a decade or so and next class was cancelled. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, kilroydos said:

Think about how I feel.  I came here to make the same Laci Peterson joke someone alluded to and then hit hours apart.

I was going to make a Laci Peterson joke as well but I lacked 100% confidence that I was right on the name.  Also didn’t want to give her husband an alibi, as Ketch eating her is completely plausible.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I was going to make a Laci Peterson joke as well but I lacked 100% confidence that I was right on the name.  Also didn’t want to give her husband an alibi, as Ketch eating her is completely plausible.

Murderer Scott Peterson was back in the news today of all days. 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/11/scott-peterson-returns-for-final-hearings-over-new-trial-decision/#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16602773730778&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2022%2F08%2F11%2Fscott-peterson-returns-for-final-hearings-over-new-trial-decision%2F

Boy, I don’t know how it is possible, but I think we’ve sunk to a new low. Engineering professor stories, it turns out, are more boring than engineering itself. I don’t even know what kind of banal shit I could compare these last few pages to in any other vein. Reading Ian Boyd perhaps? Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, I don’t know how it is possible, but I think we’ve sunk to a new low. Engineering professor stories, it turns out, are more boring than engineering itself. I don’t even know what kind of banal shit I could compare these last few pages to in any other vein. Reading Ian Boyd perhaps? Fuck. 

Just so you know, I needed to get my hatred for my freshman calculus teacher who barely spoke English off my chest.  I’ve now done that now, so consider it over.

6 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Is this not group therapy?

I don't think being told your recruiting ideas are stupid and you are stupid too provides much therapy but your mileage may vary.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Don Hong was terrible for calculus. I’m not sure what language he was speaking, but I couldn’t follow him. That motherfucker. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You like apples?

Goddamnit. That was my joke

I think you mean; Son of bitch stole your line.  

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

No one gives a shit about what professor you had in college, people.

Sounds like we now know the guy serving our kids fries, people.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's surprising, given how math and engineering majors are usually so smooth and charming in social situations

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Don Hong was terrible for calculus. I’m not sure what language he was speaking, but I couldn’t follow him. That motherfucker. 

Same but with Lee Huang in Statics.  I remember him drawing a square on the board at the start of class one day and asking the class what the word for it was.  After about 5 minutes of the class guessing, he was looking for the word BOX.

Ended up with a point grade of 78 in the class and that was good enough for an A somehow.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ian Boyd articles? Are you sure you want that?

Engineering professor stories not going away….

It's a beautiful morning, 
I think I'll go outside for a while
And just smile
Just take in some clean fresh air, boy
No sense in staying inside
If the weather's fine and you've got the time
It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand new day
Either way…it’s ok.

Remember when I first met Dr. Guy, I was working as a janitor and I solved this math problem he wrote on a chalkboard. 

Dr. Guy was great. I didn’t do great in his class because I was an idiot as a freshman. I did not like his apples or equations.
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

What's actually amazing is professed Texas Longhorn fans continuing to enrich a person who took money from a charity golf tournament in honor of a deceased Longhorn football player to settle personal debts instead of sending all proceeds to the deceased player's family. 

Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero