Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Is this how David Hicks' recruitment is trending?

50 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

yes. he doesnt like our scheme, and is dad is selling him to the highest bidder

What position does Hicks want to play in CFB? Just watching his junior H.S. highlights, he's already big enough to play DE in college 2 years before he ever see a college S&C program & he interchangeably plays both DE & DT. So I think he'd play DT at UT.

44 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He’s still pretty stiff.  

But hes gonna be a guard at texas. He doesnt need to bend as much as a tackle does. He seems to move pretty well for his size. Especially getting to the 2nd level. 

Hes got some dog in him. And work ethic. After the oast class, hes a solid take, trending up. 

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

But hes gonna be a guard at texas. He doesnt need to bend as much as a tackle does. He seems to move pretty well for his size. Especially getting to the 2nd level. 

Hes got some dog in him. And work ethic. After the oast class, hes a solid take, trending up. 

He looks a lot better laterally. Playing in space at LT will be great for his development. He still plays high and needs some flexibility, but definitely trending up.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

Needs to keep his pad level lower, but he’s very explosive for that size

He's definitely explosive at standing straight up at the snap of the ball.

I very much like what I see. It's probably hard to coach a kid who is having so much success not worrying about pad level. He'll learn. He moves well and seems sorta mean.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Was this the game against Duncanville? I don't remember hearing his name on TV.

He flashed quite a bit in the first half but was definitely fatigued by the end of the game. They rarely ran to his side, so he was always in pursuit. In fact, I’m pretty sure he was the one who tracked down the DVille QB when he suffered that knee injury. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, TommyGufano said:

I believe Niblett, Johntay and Wilson all had 50+ yd TD's this week. 

Good.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:58 PM, JackBurton said:

So did Hale, fwiw

After the performance of these 4 WR commits recruits this past weekend, Nahlin is now backtracking on the comments he made last month about not loving UT's '23 WR class:

8kGppWV.png.4ef91c7ae909cf5d0884ecdb6e17a492.pngsJbIl2F.png.db04174964ae313fdc672a2e47639dd9.png

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

After the performance of these 4 WR commits recruits this past weekend, Nahlin is now backtracking on the comments he made last month about not loving UT's '23 WR class:

8kGppWV.png.4ef91c7ae909cf5d0884ecdb6e17a492.pngsJbIl2F.png.db04174964ae313fdc672a2e47639dd9.png

That means he never watched Sark at Bama. His defense makes even less sense. 

9.95ers seem to prefer guys that are a bit more topped out in terms of development. Coaches know how they can transform or develop a kid with certain traits predictably. They don't really take into account things like taking a RB and making him a LB, they just say he is the 100th best RB in the state. Gerry does this better than most, but he still seems to struggle to pinpoint where guys will play in things like OL and defensive backfield unless it is glaringly obvious. 

They didn't seem to be super high on Niblett, but after watching him this weekend I don't know how that kid isn't a must have guy in your WR room. They didn't like Jonah Wilson, but Marion has been after the guy full bore for 2 years. 

Edited by Vertigo

Do we have 4 WR commits? Or are some of you guys just lumping Hale in there? That recruitment is far from over. 

I've not viewed this WR haul as some amazeballs group, personally. I hope they turn out awesome, of course. Wilson was a target of Marion before he got here, so that's always made me feel good. Cook and Niblett are always accused of having weak hands, so if that goes away this year for them, fucking awesome. 

I know this, it would be great to land Hale too. We are going to need two of them to hit big time, because the portal competition for WRs is going to be absurd every cycle. It would be nice to homegrow a few top WRs and keep them.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Do we have 4 WR commits? Or are some of you guys just lumping Hale in there? That recruitment is far from over. 

I've not viewed this WR haul as some amazeballs group, personally. I hope they turn out awesome, of course. Wilson was a target of Marion before he got here, so that's always made me feel good. Cook and Niblett are always accused of having weak hands, so if that goes away this year for them, fucking awesome. 

I know this, it would be great to land Hale too. We are going to need two of them to hit big time, because the portal competition for WRs is going to be absurd every cycle. It would be nice to homegrow a few top WRs and keep them.

When Nahlin made his comments about UT's potential '23 WR last month, he was factoring Hale being part of the class.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It would be nice to homegrow a few top WRs and keep them.

especially given the abundance of receiver talent in-state every year; if the coaches do their damn job we really should never need transfer receivers

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

That means he never watched Sark at Bama. His defense makes even less sense. 

Not sure what it is and for very different reasons than fraudfatassketch but Nahlin is unlikable. I've never met the guy, just going on his work(pods, writing and videos). He's smug & condescending when it's not at all necessary. Just shut your mouth, point everything towards Cook, BB & Gerry & collect the $.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

Not sure what it is and for very different reasons than fraudfatassketch but Nahlin is unlikable. I've never met the guy, just going on his work(pods, writing and videos). He's smug & condescending when it's not at all necessary. Just shut your mouth, point everything towards Cook, BB & Gerry & collect the $.

He's an ass that is a quarter as smart as he imagines.

• Hook 'Em 4

I seem to be surviving not having a roster for game week surprisingly well. 

Not that i ever gave a shit to begin with. 

So, i thought it best to give yall a wellness check. 

Do they like have a support line or something for people that this might really upset?  

I heard 1-800- shut up pussy is available. 

Edited by NorLa Horns
Proof reading is hard
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, closetojumping said:

Taking things for granted again. Never change, Surly!

36 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

So did an article come out about David hicks? Just saw the flood of ou predictions and was wondering that was people following the leader or if there was some actual info. And of course arghh if this is true. I know it was a semi long shot but come on Giles 

Giles?.....

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

So did an article come out about David hicks? Just saw the flood of ou predictions and was wondering that was people following the leader or if there was some actual info. And of course arghh if this is true. I know it was a semi long shot but come on Giles 

29 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Giles?.....

1039117678-102-Animal-House-quotes.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

GET ON THE MUTHAFUCKA!!!