Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

22 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Gerry on Bobbys youtube show today said there was a player committed elsewhere from the Houston area who wants to come in for a visit for the Bama game.  But Gerry said the staff probably will say no because they don't think it genuine interest or something..  Is that Pettaway?  I know it's not Hicks.. and I don't think the staff is on Sanford either... Shelby?

If it's Shelby I think they say yes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Why the fuck would we want Rueben Owens and his dad? Baxter is a better player and we already have a RB2. That’s uninteresting news. DE, LB, DL, CB, and WR. I don’t see us getting a blue chip OT but I guess it is possible. 

It wasn't mentioned as a guy we actually want. If it were, then Shelby would be the only one to make sense. .

Pettaway doesn't strike me as the "going to big-time, crowded games for the hell of it" type of guy.

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Guy on the video says this squat is 575.  Presumably his deadlift is over 600.

His deadlift is 515, but he's not a powerlifter.  He only did the meet at his own highschool.  He qualified for regionals but didn't lift.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Watching Toviano play Lake Travis. Good sized kid, lean. They’ve been throwing away from his side. He’s been lined up in man coverage on an island so far. Caused a fumble at the goal line but Travis got it. 

The other guys in the secondary look pretty good too. Don’t know if any of them are ‘23’s or not

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Watching Toviano play Lake Travis. Good sized kid, lean. They’ve been throwing away from his side. He’s been lined up in man coverage on an island so far. Caused a fumble at the goal line but Travis got it. 

Is this online anywhere?  I know I'm grasping at straws.