Tom Herman is a 2nd place coach

Brothahorn

Jesus.  This is the worst thread I’ve seen in awhile.  The general consensus amongst Texas fans seems to be that every time the team loses a game that everyone should be fired.  Christ, if companies ran like that who knows where we would be.  They have lost 2 games this year by a touchdown to 2 top 5 teams.  To say that progress has not been made or that they are not on an upward trajectory is truly asinine.  In case you forgot, the secondary is completely banged up too.  Not saying this was a good offensive performance.  It obviously wasn’t.  But it’s hard to do shit as an offense when you lose the field position battle all game long.  Defense played solid for 3 quarters.  Things will be better.  Chill out.  Hook em.

• Like 6

On 10/12/2019 at 7:00 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Fuck UT athletics. CDC has built a program of losers. 

So now it's Del Conti's fault? LOL.

I think Herman is arrogant. I also think he coached the LSU game badly and it cost us, at the very least, a better chance of winning. But to automatically say that our coaches are bad when we lose to a very good team just seems silly. I highly doubt any of our coaches tell a player to miss a tackle, to try fielding a punt while sliding to the ground, to ignore a blitzing linebacker, etc, etc.

Maybe some of our guys have a low football IQ. Maybe some of them are 20 year old kids who make mistakes. IMO, we are moving forward. Like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Michigan we have a Goliath in our conference. 

• Like 1

So now it's Del Conti's fault? LOL.
I think Herman is arrogant. I also think he coached the LSU game badly and it cost us, at the very least, a better chance of winning. But to automatically say that our coaches are bad when we lose to a very good team just seems silly. I highly doubt any of our coaches tell a player to miss a tackle, to try fielding a punt while sliding to the ground, to ignore a blitzing linebacker, etc, etc.
Maybe some of our guys have a low football IQ. Maybe some of them are 20 year old kids who make mistakes. IMO, we are moving forward. Like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Michigan we have a Goliath in our conference. 

I'm not commenting on the football IQ of anyone on the roster here, but in year three of a coaching regime, low football IQ players are indictments on the staff, not an excuse for them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BornOrange1955 said:

Aside from the terrible play calling and clock management at the end of the first half, I don't entirely blame Tom for the LSU loss.  There were too many other factors at play and he tried to get out the gate aggressively with 6 points instead of 3.  Three drives ended with 0 due to execution, not play calls.

OU is not a 'very good' team.  Texas has enough talent to win this conference with its current roster, even with the walking wounded. 

They didn't have a low football IQ when they were recruited, so why are they playing like it now?  

Who's the goliath in our conference?  The formula for beating OU hasn't changed over the last three years and Tom has done better on bigger stages.

• Like 1

Sam isn't in the Heisman race anymore and the Horns aren't going to the playoffs.  Losing to OU sucks.  Bad game.  People are upset, it's understandable and natural.

But we could still win the conference if we win out.  I won't be sad in the pants until that hope is gone.

herman has the opportunity to win out and beat ou in the conf championship game.  he showed in last year's red river game and the georgia game that he can affect the right changes to take us to the next level.  last weekend, he and the staff simply got outcoached by riley and staff. here's to his finding that same urgency like he did last year.

• Like 2

Texas is not there yet but this team fights when it could go to a complete dumpster fire like the end of Macks tenure and with Strong. We won this game last year and played like shit in 2019. We can still fuck OU up in the conference championship and then play for another major bowl. 

Stop being a bunch of bitches. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Texas is not there yet but this team fights when it could go to a complete dumpster fire like the end of Macks tenure and with Strong. We won this game last year and played like shit in 2019. We can still fuck OU up in the conference championship and then play for another major bowl. 

FUCK OU

cheers-beer-yoga.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

Texas is not there yet but this team fights when it could go to a complete dumpster fire like the end of Macks tenure and with Strong. We won this game last year and played like shit in 2019. We can still fuck OU up in the conference championship and then play for another major bowl. Stop being a bunch of bitches. 

Surly-Worthy-Kiss.gif

Well Gravy Train, if you don't think OU is a very good football team there is probably nothing I can say to change your opinion. So we just disagree.

As for the Goliath comment, they've won 12 Big 12 Championships, we've won 3 and Baylor and KSU have two apiece. Not sure what that means to you, but to me it means they are the big dog in this conference.

20 hours ago, BornOrange1955 said:

Well Gravy Train, if you don't think OU is a very good football team there is probably nothing I can say to change your opinion. So we just disagree.

As for the Goliath comment, they've won 12 Big 12 Championships, we've won 3 and Baylor and KSU have two apiece. Not sure what that means to you, but to me it means they are the big dog in this conference.

I'm assuming you've been around as long or longer than most of us, albeit not on this message board.  OU has backed into more conference titles and bowl games than we've had the luxury to play for due to various levels of ineptitude and fuckery.  By and large, the talent gap hasn't been significantly greater for OU but they've coached within a discipline that more effectively plugs the next guy in, while we were switching identities with a revolving door of schemes and assistants.

OU isn't a "very good" team for the theoretical ceiling they keep bumping into during bowl season.  They might have all the play sheets figured out and can put up points but year in and out, a gap was revealed in depth, physicality, defense and/or special teams play.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, Scholz said:

Sam isn't in the Heisman race anymore and the Horns aren't going to the playoffs.  Losing to OU sucks.  Bad game.  People are upset, it's understandable and natural.

But we could still win the conference if we win out.  I won't be sad in the pants until that hope is gone.

I can't speak for anyone else but I was never fully into the Heisman and playoff talk before the season started. It's always been about beating ou and winning the conference championship. LSU would've been nice and we looked good enough to win at times. The ou game was the opposite. 

Yes, we still have the bigger picture and goal to look forward to but the margin of error just got that much smaller. People are fooling themselves if they think that offensive performance was a one off but think the defense cost us that game. And spare me with the "quit being a pussy" shit. We're able to be self critical after losses without losing fandom or allegiance. It, among many other things, is what distinguishes us from aggy so if conformity is more your style, trade whatever intelligence and dignity you have left (not you scholzy) for a piece of red velvet cake on highway 6. Clearly our university isn't the right place for you. / rant

• Like 4

On 10/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

However I will bump this thread in December when we fuck up the Big XII and their stupid idea of playing a fucking championship game.

And to show how stupid many of you are.

Were you the "come take your fucking medicine" guy on the Fire Charlie thread after the Notre Dame game?

Edited by Augustus

Wait. Surly said the Herman offense is fleek because it beat bama when he was the osu offensive coordinator. I believed Tom was some offensive wizard because Surly said so. Now we find out Tom actually listens to greg fn davis? You shitting me?

I've been telling everybody this is where we were going. Greg Davis wasn't dynamic, but he always seemed to have good power run games (that didn't work against ou)

On 10/13/2019 at 10:20 PM, Shaggy3.0 said:

Wait. Surly said the Herman offense is fleek because it beat bama when he was the osu offensive coordinator. I believed Tom was some offensive wizard because Surly said so. Now we find out Tom actually listens to greg fn davis? You shitting me?

Fleek 
An annoying term used by annoying teenagers (see middleschoolers) meant to be "on point".

On 10/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, USNALonghorn said:

Baylor needed the refs to escape Texas Tech in OT... since when did they become world beaters?

Since never. 

They're not that good, unless you count scheduling, because if you do they ARE world beaters.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, Blackcat00 said:

On point.

I've said before that a Mack team loses that game by 40 plus and Strong?

Shit, it's elevnty hundred to 2.

I'm assuming you've been around as long or longer than most of us, albeit not on this message board.  OU has backed into more conference titles and bowl games than we've had the luxury to play for due to various levels of ineptitude and fuckery.  By and large, the talent gap hasn't been significantly greater for OU but they've coached within a discipline that more effectively plugs the next guy in, while we were switching identities with a revolving door of schemes and assistants.
OU isn't a "very good" team for the theoretical ceiling they keep bumping into during bowl season.  They might have all the play sheets figured out and can put up points but year in and out, a gap was revealed in depth, physicality, defense and/or special teams play.

This Texags?

So OU isn’t any good because they keep losing to other playoff teams.

Are those teams good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Catjuggler said:

This Texags?

So OU isn’t any good because they keep losing to other playoff teams.

Are those teams good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing to other playoff teams doesn't mean they aren't any good. It means they aren't a "juggernaut." To put them in the same category as Bama is laughable.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

On point.

I've said before that a Mack team loses that game by 40 plus and Strong?

Shit, it's elevnty hundred to 2.

Strong vs OU: L 40-45 (with Tyrone Swoopes at QB)

W: 24-17

L: 31-26

Charlie played up to the competition in Dallas every year. There wasn't much else to be proud of in terms of on-field production in his tenure, but you can't say he shit the bed against the Land Thieves. 

38 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Does "very beatable" align with "very good?"  Watch the fucking games, I'm not anointing OU with some juggernaut label when they have glaring chinks in their own armor year in and out.

32 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Losing to other playoff teams doesn't mean they aren't any good. It means they aren't a "juggernaut." To put them in the same category as Bama is laughable.

LOL OU has the 5th highest win percentage in CFB this decade, behind only Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Boise. They have the 3rd highest in CFB since 2000, behind only tOSU and Boise. Their last graduating class had more B12 titles than any other school has in history. You better hope they are pretty goddamn good, given they win your conference about 70% of the time.

47 minutes ago, Xian said:

didn’t get the memo?  Ou only beat us by 7 points and we suck. Therefore they must also suck. 

it’s science 

The game was only a 7 point defeat but if you watched it it wasn’t anywhere near as close as what the score showed. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

LOL OU has the 5th highest win percentage in CFB this decade, behind only Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Boise. They have the 3rd highest in CFB since 2000, behind only tOSU and Boise. Their last graduating class had more B12 titles than any other school has in history. You better hope they are pretty goddamn good, given they win your conference about 70% of the time.

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Sensitive-Posters.jpg

1 hour ago, Gravy Train said:

Does "very beatable" align with "very good?"  Watch the fucking games, I'm not anointing OU with some juggernaut label when they have glaring chinks in their own armor year in and out.

You sound a lot like aggy discussing UT.  Seriously...not saying that's wrong.  Well, yeah I am, sounding like aggy is really shitty. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Strong vs OU: L 40-45 (with Tyrone Swoopes at QB)

W: 24-17

L: 31-26

Charlie played up to the competition in Dallas every year. There wasn't much else to be proud of in terms of on-field production in his tenure, but you can't say he shit the bed against the Land Thieves. 

The later iteration of Chuck’s team, the quitting kind, loses that game by infinity.  I don’t care what they did while they were a deer shot through the heart running on adrenaline.

4 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Texas has sucked for the last decade. Everyone here is well aware of that. And yet, they have the conference's most recent NC and would probably have the two most recent if not for the McCoy injury. OU is 0-6 in their last six NC/playoff games. Had they only lost one or two (hell even three or four) of those games, then maybe I'd call them a juggernaut. But 0-6? Nah.

• Like 1