2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Reddit ranks right up there with twitter in my book. The intellience level of posters, the depth of analysis, the patience and rationality all rival throwing a bag of dog shit in a blender without a lid and pushing “liquefy.”

i would put surly in the same category, but this place vacillates between “I’m gonna fucking kill you!” and “I love you, man!” depending on the average B.A.C.

It really depends on which sub-reddit you're in. But basically, the way to get 8 million comment karma in r/CFB is to say nice things about your rivals.

Fuck that shit.

r/Justrolledintotheshop and r/AskHistorians are great reads for the comments. The latter for intelligence, the former for being hilarious.

44 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It might not be, though. Especially if guys are changing positions and may be tweeners in a new alignment. Think DL/LB and new expectations of DBs. I'm purposely using this example because it's unlikely to be the actual case, but if TQ was asked to slide into a 3tech, I wouldn't fault the kid for being angry he has to compete with existing tackles for a starting job

If TQ is upset about not being handed a starting job, then he should transfer. Regardless of whether he’s at DE or DT, he’s a fucking JAG who’s been gifted playing time he doesn’t deserve for two years now. Ojomo should’ve been starting over him this entire season. 

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

SIAP.  From OB: Ohio State 995 mod calls bullshit on Yurcich story:

So much gold in this post. Right off the bat, he acts like coaches can’t and don’t get out of multi-year contracts all the fucking time. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If TQ is upset about not being handed a starting job, then he should transfer. Regardless of whether he’s at DE or DT, he’s a fucking JAG who’s been gifted playing time he doesn’t deserve for two years now. Ojomo should’ve been starting over him this entire season. 

So much gold in this post. Right off the bat, he acts like coaches can’t and don’t get out of multi-year contracts all the fucking time. 

The most gold in that post is that they are not saying "Great he is gone now we can go get something better".

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Right, but we didn’t have many, if any, guys on D play well enough to be upset about having to compete for a starting spot. 

But, at least in the case of pass rushing DEs, Ossai, probably Foster, we were committed to playing them out of natural position and within bad scheme.

Let's not disparage the players for having to deal with shitty coaches putting them in bad situations.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Apparently, there's some Sam-esque toddler pictures of Ewers in the vault

Very early but I was speaking to someone at the state games who had his son with him. The kid was a player on the sophomore on the Southlake team and was saying Ewers loves Clemson and Alabama. Ewers parents are in the oil and gas industry and moved to SL from San Antonio area around his 6th grade year. Supposedly a great kid. Was also saying there are more than a handful of parents in SL that felt the Riley Dodge nepotism hasn’t been well received. 

7 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Here's a video of him scheming out ZR from 10 personnel. 

He doesn't draw it up this way on the whiteboard, but if you stick around for the cutups of them running ZR against Tech, he uses a fake WR screen to pull strong safety away from the QB run lane, which also allows the WR enough time to both pull off the fake and block the safety:

8lNMyj.gif

Not enough Spider 2 Y Banana.  /red

4 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Damn. Excellent point. Assuming that JQJ's knee is healed up in time, just imagine about a situational package with him and Bijan.

Now we're getting my hopes up and I don't like it one bit.

Not getting my hopes up until their sophomore year.  I imagine they'd both get pretty banged up by about midseason on their first year provided JQJ gets cleared.  Wish we had a solid offensive line with some depth and a system in place that would help them.  I also wish we had an offensive coordinator. 

Edited by Mdhorn

27 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I am pretty sure Graham was a made up example deliberately choosing someone who isn’t leaving.

Agreed on your overall point about S and DL, though.   At safety in particular, we pretty much have to change a couple of guys’ position since we have so many big hybrid safeties and LB is such a disaster thanks to Orlando’s recruiting.  If Overshown doesn’t want to play LB, then he isn’t going to play anyway in all likelihood.  

Between Overshown, Foster, and Owens, I’d rather leave Owens at safety due to his elite speed and move the other two to LB.

I know a couple big plays were made on Owens but that dude was in really good position on those plays. If remember correctly he was just inches from making a great plays on the ball. With good coaching and more experience, I believe he can be very special.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Did we do anything that creative and awesome before Harsin arrived?

we were hot to jump on the ZR bandwagon iirc

flex te was pretty unique at the time

Shipley vs OU adjustment to take advantage of their hurt LB

special teams

some of the jumbo packages

Edited by The Whistler
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

through sheer brute force, yes, not through creativity

Oh c'mon they admitted they stopped coaching Vince, at the very least unconventional for a bunch of dipshit meathead coaches.....and by the way that's something everybody should remember in all of this.  Coaches are generally dipshit meatheads, if they weren't they would have gone into a profession that pays a fuckload more than coaching.  The ones who make it to the top are generally the tallest midgets but most of these guys languish away for whatever the fuck they pay teachers plus a few thousand dollars in stipend.  

• Like 5