2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

That information is allegedly from Nahlin.

Anwar posted it first, and since he let the cat out of the bag about that concern, Nahlin went ahead and posted something similar soon after 

Some people think Anwar has been Herman’s mouthpiece over the past month, which would make today’s article odd, because it basically turned OBs against Herman; if he whiffs on Harrell, he won’t have much goodwill from the fanbase, or at least for those who follow this stuff closely 

I find it funny you guys all think a guy who is supposedly "coaching for his job" would suddenly give up control of his O and go with someone that would be almost an entire change in philosophy and not make comfort hires all around.No coach is going to say ok this is for my job so I am going to hire people that I have not worked with and are not schematically the same. 

Edited by txbroadcaster
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

Anwar

Reveal hidden contents

I checked in with my sources on Sunday afternoon, and was able to gather several Longhorn coordinator coaching nuggets to pass along to you:

--- From what I was told, Chris Ash agreed to become Texas’ defensive coordinator nearly a week ago. Ash considered taking the job at Ohio State, but wanted to challenge of improving Texas’ defense.

--- It appears Ash will have a two-year deal. His contract details will not be revealed for a few weeks. I will need a little more time to flush that out.

--- My sources believe Ash will arrive in Austin within the next two weeks for Alamo Bowl preparation. He is not expected to coach the team this month. However, he will have the ability to contact recruits once his contract is approved by the board of regents. At worst, Ash should hit the ground running in January.

--- Ash is the defensive coordinator. He is not the co-defensive coordinator.

--- Every defensive coach will have an opportunity to interview with Ash after the season, according to my sources inside the building.

--- In addition, my sources said LSU’s Joe Brady and USC’s Graham Harrell are still the top offensive coordinator candidates. However, neither candidate is a slam dunk. There are three to four other candidates on the secretive list if Brady or Harrell are not hired at Texas.

--- Once again, I was told by a person close to Herman that Herman does not believe the offense played so poorly this season that it needs an overhaul. Instead, I was told Herman’s main goal is to find a play-caller who matches his offensive philosophies. My interpretation of that information is once the smoke clears, there is a chance Herman’s hire may not have a lot of hype, but will have the attributes he desires.

--- It is hard to pinpoint a timeline on the offensive coordinator position. However, I sense the position will be filled before the bowl game.

I will keep you posted.

Get Herman the fuck out of here. He has a chance for Harrell but doesn’t think the offense was bad enough??? He is such a dipshit. Please CDC, fire his stupid ass

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

I find it funny you guys all think a guy who is supposedly "coaching for his job" would suddenly give up control of his O and go with someone that would be almost an entire change in philosophy and not make comfort hires all around.No coach is going to say ok this is for my job so I am going to hire people that I have not worked with and are not schematically the same. 

Todd Helton did it, and it bought him at least another year 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

Anwar posted it first, and since he let the cat out of the bag about that concern, Nahlin went ahead and posted something similar soon after 

Some people think Anwar has been Herman’s mouthpiece over the past month, which would make today’s article odd, because it basically turned OBs against Herman; if he whiffs on Harrell, he won’t have much goodwill from the fanbase, or at least for those who follow this stuff closely 

CDC is going to be catching all sorts of shit from the same people who tried to convince him to just fire Herman now. And rightfully so. What a fucking shit show this is. 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Todd Helton did it, and it bought him at least another year 

2 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

And just about everyone is wondering why is USC even keeping him as the HC. ( Money)

Yeah it must be cheaper to hire a coach who made a shitload of money as an mlb player, he doesn’t need the money 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jebus said:

Yeah it must be cheaper to hire a coach who made a shitload of money as an mlb player, he doesn’t need the money 

He did start over Manning for 3 whole games....and Branndon Stewart.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Put the extra fucking N in the wrong place...

53 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

You absolutely have to have a capable spell for Coburn until proven otherwise. Also, already pointed out, but you need a plus pass rusher there. Sweat's a good player but asking a 300 plus pound guy to do that is a big ask.

Damn I'm all fucked up. Didn't realize Sweat was that big. Definitely a 3tech. Maybe omojo and Warren at 6 tech. Coburn would definitely need a sub. 

Edited by CoachTex

53 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Got some good stuff this morning. Herman is the hold up on Harrell, not the other way around. Doesn’t want to relinquish control and is having second thoughts.

Sounds like he’s going to be a fucking idiot.

I guess Tom is looking more toward that buyout money than winning and staying at Texas.

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’d love to know what source knows Herman’s innermost hangups on hiring an OC.

I think these reporters are pissed because they have no legitimate sources, so they flex their muscles by making shit up.

But, what do I know. I’m just a Surly internet geek.

So you know everything then. 

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I was thinking of the drayton situation.   Bijan loves him but Harrell must know bijan pretty well

Same. Harrell probably wants to replace both Hand and Drayton and Herman wants no part of that. Plus it would look pretty bad if Bijan signs and Drayton is let go shortly after. Herman would look like a snake to the Robinson family. Portal time at that point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USMCHorn said:

Same. Harrell probably wants to replace both Hand and Drayton and Herman wants no part of that. Plus it would look pretty bad if Bijan signs and Drayton is let go shortly after. Herman would look like a snake to the Robinson family. Portal time at that point.

If it that is the case, Harrell can choke on some cock. No way that's the case though. It's pretty clear that both of those coaches have done a decent to good job with the Hand they've been dealt. 

People seam to forget that our oline is not filled with blue chips: 

Samuel Cosmi 3* 1123 

Braun, Parker 3* 442

Zach Shackelford 3* 1150

Junior Angilau 4* 125 

Derek Kerstetter 3* 619

As for Drayton, he did a good job with our war-torn RB room, plus Bijan. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Either tom wants to coordinate the offense or he doesn’t. It makes no sense to keep saying that he let beck do it over and over despite poor results because he doesn’t want to do it, then claim he’s balking at coaching hires or philosophy of potential new hires. 

Because he’s dangerously egotistical. So much so he wants someone to call *his* offense. Remember that magazine cover and he was drawing up plays? His entire identity is wrapped up in being an “offensive genius”. “The Tom Herman offense”. 

Seemingly his arrogance won’t allow him to cede ownership and it could cost him his “dream job”. Herman hiring GH would be a positive step showing not only does he not have all the answers but he also acknowledges he doesn’t have all the answers. 

it would show some growth. I don’t have high hopes for that growth. I’m willing to be pleasantly surprised. 

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’d love to know what source knows Herman’s innermost hangups on hiring an OC.

I think these reporters are pissed because they have no legitimate sources, so they flex their muscles by making shit up.

But, what do I know. I’m just a surly internet geek.

That's literally what their jobs are. They've gotta produce content. Facts have no involvement in this process.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He’s a Dunning-Kruger poster child if his identity is tied up in being the “genius” behind calling a bunch of inside zone runs for Ezekiel Elliott.   His offenses haven’t even been particularly impressive other than his years running Urban’s scheme with a stacked Ohio State roster. 

I mean, that’s the type of guy that would go around bragging about being in Mensa and ... oh.  Shit. 

It was impressive at UH, too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Why not? This “We’re Texas” might as well be replaced by “We sincerely don’t want to win.” We don’t want to be a dynasty. We have enough dumbfuck fans that are ok with telling themselves we run a clean program, academics, Austin blah blah blah. I honestly hope all of these types fuck off into oblivion. I want to win. Win conference championships and if there is anyone on this board that does not...please sell your goddamn tickets and find another school to support. And go fuck yourselves. 

Why are we yelling?