Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like his espresso sauce. But I’d never put it on a good brisket.  Also I’ve never had the bottled sauce that I assume is mass produced to his recipe, only ever got it from his trailer a long time ago. 

It’s actually really great, I use it on my ribs

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Circling back to breakfast tacos, try a Rudy's taco with eggs and spicy chopped bbq.  It rivals a chorizo and egg taco IMO

When I lived in New Braunfels the Rudy’s near me had that and it’s great. Usually got it with potato instead of egg with a strip of bacon. 

The Rudy’s near me in San Antonio doesn’t serve breakfast, unfortunately. 

Rudys has good tacos for sure. 

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You can make good to great chopped brisket sammiches with average brisket

That's the dirty secret of pulled pork. It's just so much better on a sandwich with slaw and some sauce. On its own I don't think it can touch good brisket. Even good ribs. But it can make a  sandwich that fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 7

29 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

For Work boots I like their Rudy.  There's a whole slew of different designs on their website with em. They are danged comfortable to wear.

https://www.lucchese.com/barnboot/

If you want some nice dress boots-  Go into one of their actual showrooms and get measured for some of their Classic line.  They are pricey but not ML Leddy money.

https://www.lucchese.com/additionallines/lucchese-classics/mens/

Thank you for this.  I haven’t worn a pair of cowboy boots in over 30 years and was just telling my wife how much I’d like to own a nice pair of dress boots. Go to surly and the Longhorn universe provides. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, pops said:

That's the dirty secret of pulled pork. It's just so much better on a sandwich with slaw and some sauce. On its own I don't think it can touch good brisket. Even good ribs. But it can make a  sandwich that fucks. 

Up here there’s really not much for beef bbq, only pork. 
but there is a trailer and the guy that runs it is from Texas, didn’t ask where. I’m pretty sure he uses an electric smoker because I don’t see cord wood or anything to indicate otherwise. The only thing I was willing to try was the brisket sandwich. It was a very rough chop, which I actually liked, and with sauce and on a bun the meat was good enough. 
Anywhere else that claims to be bbq, like the only brick and mortar here called bubbas, I just get the pulled pork Sammy. Difficult to fuck those up. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Up here there’s really not much for beed bbq, only pork. 
but there is a trailer and the guy that runs it is from Texas, didn’t ask where. I’m pretty sure he uses an electric smoker because I don’t see cord wood or anything to indicate otherwise. The only thing I was willing to try was the brisket sandwich. It was a very rough chop, which I actually liked, and with sauce and on a bun the meat was good enough. 
Anywhere else that claims to be bbq, like the only brick and mortar here called bubbas, I just get the pulled pork Sammy. Difficult to fuck those up. 

Where is up here?

6 minutes ago, pops said:

Good pulled pork isn’t difficult. First time at an unknown place, I get a little sample before I decide what to order. 

If they can’t do that right, then well, it ain’t going to get any better. Maybe sausage if it’s mixed well. 

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When I lived in New Braunfels the Rudy’s near me had that and it’s great. Usually got it with potato instead of egg with a strip of bacon. 

The Rudy’s near me in San Antonio doesn’t serve breakfast, unfortunately. 

Rudys has good tacos for sure. 

Son-in-law manages a Rudy’s.  I concur.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Up here there’s really not much for beef bbq, only pork. 

You talking about the bubbas on the corner in JH?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What is JH?  So probably not. 

Jackson hole. So I guess not! 

Never mind. Just saw your reply. It seemed like I knew you were Wyoming but wasn't sure where. I'm 300 miles north of you. Bbq wasteland. 

Edited by pops

15 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Good pulled pork isn’t difficult. First time at an unknown place, I get a little sample before I decide what to order. 

If they can’t do that right, then well, it ain’t going to get any better. Maybe sausage if it’s mixed well. 

I dont think good pulled pork is difficult. I just don't think good pulled pork is that great on its own. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

It’s actually really great, I use it on my ribs

It is great. Found some Foodsaver-ed Snow's from awhile back in my freezer when I was digging around for inspiration for lunch and brought it back to life via redneck sous vide. Rough chop on the brisket, just the right amount of Franklin regular BBQ sauce and chopped onion on a Mrs. Baird's bun. Prettay, prettay, prettay good!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

All that said, definitely @ me if there's a situation that calls for some FlightAware. And re my gentleman's agreement with CTJ, part of that is that he decides when/if to reveal specifics of what's currently in confidence re that plane, but I will say that I've dug into its ownership/ties (will stop at that) and as of today it had repeated a pattern of flights paths to interesting out-of-state locations. 

May I Have Some More GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

This is verified fact, so I hear from my unimpeachable sources, who tell me that I am in fact the derpy Mcderpster - a poor bastard who is without a doubt "still not killed and very much alive and a human being heading into 2021."

Truth is the work I neglected for the better part of two weeks while tracking flights and talking barbeque and butts piled up to the point where I've had a miserable, sleep-deprived week or so - should come as no surprise that companies push to close M&A deals before the end of a calendar/tax year (especially heading into a year of regime change in the White House #nocr).

At the end of the day I just don't have the BDE needed right now to participate at the moment (outside of the plane @closetojumping mentions). I'll quickly skim for any new nuggets about once a day, and have got to say that you bastards (and lady, @Nicole44) continue to outdo yourself in keeping momentum in spite of no developments, the levels of BDE in here are so inspiring that they break the ceiling of the Dichter scale.

All that said, definitely @ me if there's a situation that calls for some FlightAware. And re my gentleman's agreement with CTJ, part of that is that he decides when/if to reveal specifics of what's currently in confidence re that plane, but I will say that I've dug into its ownership/ties (will stop at that) and as of today it had repeated a pattern of flights paths to interesting out-of-state locations. 

I’m outta rep. Ur research skills are awesome. 

10 minutes ago, pops said:

Jackson hole. So I guess not! 

Never mind. Just saw your reply. It seemed like I knew you were Wyoming but wasn't sure where. I'm 300 miles north of you. Bbq wasteland. 

Shoulda guessed. We just call it Jackson around here because that’s the town name. No, Cody. Could be a little regional chain, though. 
there’s a nonzero chance I move to Hamilton, MT in a month or two though. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

35 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Thank you for this.  I haven’t worn a pair of cowboy boots in over 30 years and was just telling my wife how much I’d like to own a nice pair of dress boots. Go to surly and the Longhorn universe provides. 

I'm in the same exact boat. Will likely pull the trigger on some sooner or later.

• Hook 'Em 1