Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Alright Aristotle, let's have a logic-based debate then. Most methods of logic boil down to introducing facts and proving sources. We have several sources (RGL, Texans7, InjuryProne etc.) who have been correct about things in the past (re: recruits, Quinn Ewers situation, other parts of the Urban saga) who are stating that the deal is done. Some of those sources have said that an announcement would be made today (hence everyone's interest). If what you're saying is true, and the admin would make an announcement whenever Urban is signed, then why haven't they? Our other sources of info haven't been disproved. If they are, I will accept that. But your argument here isn't centered on logic, proving the validity of sources, or any other approach - it's literally been "I don't think this is true and it's wrong." You don't have a source or a fact - you are presenting your opinion. That's fine, just don't present it as logic. 

I haven't taken any of your posts personally, I just said that I don't appreciate you being a downer to everyone else. After establishing your lack of logic above, and taking your own admission of mockery in the above quoted post, I think it's fair to say you are being a "meanie", right?

If anyone's projecting anything here, it's you, isn't it? It would seem that you took it personally that I called you out, tried to defend it by saying you're having a "debate" (despite your clear lack of any attempt to introduce facts or prove sources), and now are resorting to mockery (again, as you yourelf stated). Mockery without facts is just an ad hominem attack.

Boy, you’re tedious. If we’re viewing some of these twitter rubes as foundations for “logic”, then we really are in deep shit. 

Many of us knew that Ewers was gone after he sat and watched the EOT debacle in the Cotton Bowl. That wasn’t some great insider nugget. It wasn’t worth posting at the time and so many who could have, didn’t. Why he left, which I hinted at here, was the real story. 

As to the rest of the post and accusing me of shit like lacking logic or taking things personal from a new guy I don’t know, it’s Sunday and I’m about to be busy with decorating a tree and a yard and shit.  You aren’t worth the bullet. 

If you’d like, however, remind me of your existence down thread or elsewhere on the site later and we can fuck around and find out. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Boy, you’re tedious. If we’re viewing some of these twitter rubes as foundations for “logic”, then we really are in deep shit. 

Many of us knew that Ewers was gone after he sat and watched the EOT debacle in the Cotton Bowl. That wasn’t some great insider nugget. It wasn’t worth posting at the time and so many who could have, didn’t. Why he left, which I hinted at here, was the real story. 

As to the rest of the post and accusing me of shit like lacking logic or taking things personal from a new guy I don’t know, it’s Sunday and I’m about to be busy with decorating a tree and a yard and shit.  You aren’t worth the bullet. 

If you’d like, however, remind me of your existence down thread or elsewhere on the site later and we can fuck around and find out. 

go do your tree and have someone you know here text you if we get white smoke

32 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Bobby Burton

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

I texted with a high-ranking university official this morning and am told the wait for Urban Meyer continues.

While Meyer contemplates the decision, the Horns have not given the three-time national championship coach a deadline.

Despite mass speculation otherwise, the Horns have not received either a final no or yes from Meyer to this juncture.

If Meyer were to reject Texas’ advances, Texas would not begin a broad coaching search because of the size of Herman’s buyout.

Instead, the money needed for the buyout would only be agreed upon based upon who Herman’s eventual successor would be.

I predict that unfortunately the number of pages on this thread will be like Covid deaths will more than double (I predict 1,000 plus pages) before there is an answer. I think posters have put WAY too much emphasis on NSD1 as an arbitrary reason why UM would want to accept today, which would cause the firing of Herman before the Sunday night press conference.  

The question that needs to be asked are what absolutely necessary 2021 recruits are highly flippable at this late stage that can be flipped by NSD1?  I can only see the Brockemeyers as the prize to want to speed the process to the next couple of days as presumably they picked Saban as the coach who can get them to the NFL and win NCs and not Alabama over Texas as a school. If there are many more highly crucial recruits that can be flipped in the next two weeks, then maybe UM would want to speed the process. But if there are not highly flippable key recruits or these positions can be filled with the special COVID one-time transfer rule or the transfer pool, then it is in Urban Meyer’s best interest to wait until after the season is over to not have the circus disrupt OSU coaching preparation for the Michigan game as surely the OSU coaches going with him will be announced. This way he fills his Fox contract obligation, there is less disruption for OSU/Michigan, and there is less blowback on firing TH one game before the season is over. 

8 minutes ago, Caddox said:

CDC is an empty suit. Frankly, I don’t know how he keeps his job after his handling of the 2020 fuckery. Hartzell is basically playing de facto AD for this Meyer stuff. I really like CDC because he’s a charismatic and friendly guy, nothing there not to like. He’s just not suited for this job. 

That’s some pretty harsh words for CDC.  The fact that he has all of the leaks from Belmont plugged gets high praise from me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

LOL. If CTJ has a flaw it's he likes JD instead of better whisky. Always seems to have good takes on the fooooosballll.

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Yep. My point is Hartzell was the point man and he killed it. Eltife was co pilot. CDC was on the sideline.

Man, I just came back into the thread and read this as Hartzell having killed the deal. After going back through your posts I realize now what you meant. Whew!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PSmitty said:

How hard is it to figure out if they are practicing? Even if it’s light stretching in Belmont, send a freshmen over to scope the parking garage.

I would totally do this given I still know some people in school, but I think all of them got sent home after Thanksgiving and won't be back until the Spring semester (due to Covid and not wanting people traveling back and forth).

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him.

lulz.  just let me when he signs that contract, guy.  you and your “sources” are just precious. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Who is fired first, Tom Herman or Adam Gase

Honestly 50!50 for me. Adam Gase is the dream coach for the Jets at this stage!  He couldn’t coach his team to a victory if he tried. He easily makes it through the season! If no Urban Meyer, I could honestly see Tom Herman coming back for a season or even fulfill his contract like Shaka Smart! At some point BMDs will make the analytical decision to stop throwing good money after bad. All non Urban Meyer candidates suck, so why spend $25mn to get rid of your suck ass coach to have to spend another $25mn 3-4 years later to fire that coach after you have already pissed away $50mn on buyout for two coaches in the last 4 years?

@futureman has already admitted his trolling of this thread is purely motivated by him being vocal about wanting Urban way back when and getting shit in by other posters for it, while now everyone (including said posters) are all about the Urban train. He doesn't know shit and shouldn't be on the list of people who have truly "called shots," but his dedication is quite impressive IMO. Also...

Spoiler

4BfTiHR.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
My guess is the guys who would foot the buyout have seen the names being floated and heard the ‘there are no good Plan B’s’ talk and want a little say, since, the info leaking from the AD doesn’t inspire confidence.

Interesting comment by Nahlin 

Couple with this comment by Bobby. I think it’s safe to say CDC is pissing off the people pushing Meyer Hartzell/Donors

Would also align with what @Caddox is saying 

87CAAAE6-097F-4D8F-BD3F-EF339F4C9DE9.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Octavian said:

I would totally do this given I still know some people in school, but I think all of them got sent home after Thanksgiving and won't be back until the Spring semester (due to Covid and not wanting people traveling back and forth).

Well ah’ll be furked. I did not know that.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic