Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t think covid is a ruse, but the reaction to shut all practice and the presser seems extreme. Quarantine those who have it and watch super closely.  Maybe cancel practice but a call with Herman? Yeah no that’s odd.

Contact tracing. If they weren't wearing masks those 3 exposed a lot of players. Then you're supposed to quarantine for 14 days if you've been exposed...

Y'all wanna see my meat??

This was my second attempt last Wednesday after absolutely butchering a point cut on my new Traeger.

When I know with certainty who our next coach is.. one way or the other, I'm going to take the next day off, smoke some meat and drink some beer. 
spacer.png

Would expect that team's COVID testing procedures have been publicized in pretty good detail. If that's the case, anyone know the frequency/days of the week for testing? Every Sunday would be logical but just curious in case there's a deviation from the norm in the timing here.

Main thing that makes me curious is that this is the first time this has happened the entire season, correct? Vaguely recall 9.95'ers mentioning COVID cases in mid-week reports and, if memory is correct there, particularly odd if there have been mid-week cases and they were not met with similar precautionary actions to the same degree we're seeing now. 

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t think covid is a ruse, but the reaction to shut all practice and the presser seems extreme. Quarantine those who have it and watch super closely.  Maybe cancel practice but a call with Herman? Yeah no that’s odd.

Yep,  the press conference is virtual anyway.  So unless Herman is one of the "staff" with it the PC should go on.

Herman is fired and you don't send him out there for a PC to do any damage, you box up his shit and empty his office.  Herman is not allowed back on campus as a terminated employee.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

You should see the brisket thread or the shit I've cooked lately thread or the hey steelshank thread. 

This site fucks. We don't need football to have a great community, but this place is a lot more fun when we do have football to bring us together. 

Getting a steel shank approval in the steel shank thread is the sign that you’ve truly made it on shaggy/surly

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Would expect that team's COVID testing procedures have been publicized in pretty good detail. If that's the case, anyone know the frequency/days of the week for testing? Every Sunday would be logical but just curious in case there's a deviation from the norm in the timing here.

Main thing that makes me curious is that this is the first time this has happened the entire season, correct? Vaguely recall 9.95'ers mentioning COVID cases in mid-week reports and, if memory is correct there, particularly odd if there have been mid-week cases and they were not met with similar precautionary actions to the same degree we're seeing now. 

This has happened to a bunch of teams and we're in the middle of a big spike.  It's likely that's it's on the up and up.

Edited by kevwun

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

You should see the brisket thread or the shit I've cooked lately thread or the hey steelshank thread. 

This site fucks. We don't need football to have a great community, but this place is a lot more fun when we do have football to bring us together. 

Thanks for heads up. I consider BBQ a form of art and have much respect for those that can make masterpieces.

47 minutes ago, futureman said:

whenever y’all wanna grow up and act like adults I’ll be here waiting.  I had the correct sources and the correct information for weeks and y’all doubted me, called me names, and tried to run me off.  good thing I care about truth and honor more than your baseless and cruel attacks.

again, whenever y’all would like to apologize to me and thank me for being the most informed poster on surly, let me know.  I am not here to gloat about being the only poster on this whole goddamn website who had it right from the beginning.  don’t. ever. forget it. 

Goddamn that’s some quality trolling 

chefkiss.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I think he’s referring to a few posters on IT, here, and other boards who have been posting some variation “I don’t post much but just heard from a good source that it’s not happening”. 

They’ve been easy to ignore because they didn’t come from anyone with a history of knowing anything but posts that he turned us down have been out there for the last day. 

Got it. I only saw one poster on 247 claiming it and I'm pretty sure he just puppets what comes from IT. I don't pay for any of those boards though

2 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Why would they have team meetings if it was covid?

Good point, a full-team meeting followed by separate positional meetings was the report. Can't remember if it was our surly frat bro or a reporter/9.95'er. If true, it certainly wouldn't line up with the absolute bunkering down of football activities narrative. 

5 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Alright, who would bang Michelle Tafoya?

Saw her in person several years ago walking down the street in downtown San Antonio and she was way hotter in person than I could have ever imagined. Tight little bod and nice ass. I don't know how the years have treated her but put me down for hell yes. 

Absolutely not. Throwing my bbq on this thread is like a nice pick up basketball between middle aged men. I'm not trying to go into that thread and get dunked on by Giannis.
  • Hook 'Em 2

What are the known facts - indisputable from legit sources? 

Meyer or his people and Texas people met.

Meyer was putting together a what if staff.

Meyer has not confirmed or denied anything about Texas.

Herman is still employed at Texas but is confirmed by everyone as being on the hot seat/will be fired.

if you look only at credible journalism or verifiable facts this is what we know.  screw the 995 club and the obscure Twitter nonsense.  

When you get a certain age, you realize that you have enough to last you for the rest of your life.  Then, you begin to think of your legacy.  Some of us keep plugging, trying to leave something of substance to our kids.  Others check out and retire to someplace that fits their eye.  UM is wealthy, to be sure.  This, though, is an opportunity to share his good fortune with his kids, and grandkids, and great grandkids. If he loves his progeny, I don't know how he walks away from this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Herman is still employed at Texas but is confirmed by everyone as being on the hot seat/will be fired.

if you look only at credible journalism or verifiable facts this is what we know.  screw the 995 club and the obscure Twitter nonsense.  

I’m not sure why you are giving so much credit to Broaddus reporting about the staff.  He is a pro guy. 

Just now, NavyHorn said:

I am so beyond giving a fuck what somebody literally named Squid has to say through interpretive emoji. 

Likewise, but with the small caveat that I would read silence/them burning down their Twitter account never to be seen again as very telling. Basically, don't lend any weight to them doubling down, would put weight in them abandoning ship. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Who reported that Meyer met with Texas people or was putting together a staff?

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB doesn’t know shit but he’s saying the same shit as IT with even worse fucking plan B names that I will not subject y’all to

Almost like they were fed the same info.

Shit, Chip is such a raging, preening idiot that it wouldn't shock me if he just regurgitated whatever he last read on IT.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic