Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I would trade O for Herman.  I don’t have a dog in this fight but I remember how much effort went into getting Herman.  He was supposed to be the long term solution for Texas.  I have a hard time seeing the program abandon him this quickly. 

You've been too busy posting more than 30,000 times in CR to notice that Tom has underachieved quite a bit in his time as HC.

At least your moron knows he's a moron and had enough sense to get out of the way to snag a national title.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

This is the kind of shit that I'm sure Urban looked at on the list of responsibilities as was like "WTF". Also, the commercial for Rewind is so freaking annoying.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rewind just our version of the coaches show? Every major program has that. 

Heck, some even do them for their assistants:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I would trade O for Herman.  I don’t have a dog in this fight but I remember how much effort went into getting Herman.  He was supposed to be the long term solution for Texas.  I have a hard time seeing the program abandon him this quickly. 

Imagine if, with NSD#1 around the corner, LSU's 2021 recruiting class was #17 and 2022 could easily be worse (currently #29), and everyone knew LSU was actively trying to replace the coach. Can you see it now? 

Until you have the top 4 teams in a bubble there is zero chance this season ends with a true CFP champion. Players who are 2-5 are out partying and testing positive. They could give two fucks about football and getting their brains beat in on SAT by a team in contention and following social distance policies to keep their numbers up. 

Edited by Blackcat00

48 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

We all be to just calm down and come the realization that we’ve been literally cursed by Mack Brown.

That means one thing: we’ve all got to get people rubbing an egg over their bodies and some burning sage in this motherfucker. Come on people, before we start to act crazy!

Start?

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who can we trade you for?   Really, we’ll take anyone.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. There's still some of you posting in this thread. Even though meyer told everyone to pound sand a couple days ago. well ok. Accurate representation of this thread.

ZlSill.gif

It’s honestly more entertaining than contemplating if Sark or Aaron Franklin interview will be leaked first. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. There's still some of you posting in this thread. Even though meyer told everyone to pound sand a couple days ago. well ok. Accurate representation of this thread.

ZlSill.gif

I'm spitballing here, but I'd guesstimate that less than half of this thread is or was ever about Urban.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

A source said the team had scheduled the day off from practice Sunday before the team did it's COVID-19 testing. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11281535

To be fair, maybe it has always been Herman's policy to give the team Sunday practice off after a well played game.  This is just the first time it has ever happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

ZlSill.gif

Oh, cool. Finally some closure. Got a link to that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So Kansas is the reason we had to cancel the game the first time and now it's going to be our fault this time. Will they bump it to 12/19?

I mean if they test positive later in the week, isn't that 10 days of isolation? That puts us past the 12/19. I assume at this point more players are going to test positive as the week goes on. 

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

who cares

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

14 cases or less than 25 fans who give a shit.

Unless CDC has an ace up his sleeve than Tom is here post NSD 1 so might as well watch the Kansas game since there is a good chance we won't have bowls either way. 

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I can't believe you animals are still going strong in here.  You some crazy muthafucka's.

I don't want to be here, but I can't shake these thoughts, thoughts that it's been two days and we still only have FCB and Bohls/Davis reporting this. And Bohls/Davis is just a "confirmation" of what FCB said (it "has come to an end after Meyer indicated to Texas he's leaning toward not coaching again.").

Really? That's all we have? It's over based on Meyer "indicating" to us he might not coach again, which is information we got from FCB?

Hopefully Meyer kills it on his next media hit so that I can fully move on. 

EDIT: And obviously it's been reported nationally now, but these have only been reports of "according to Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman..." So basically, this is all over according to a FCB report? Just not enough for me yet. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic