Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Tom makes mistakes that come back to haunt him at the end.

Urban taking his job would complete the circle.

Tom’s sneaky move of leaking the Zach Smith story cost Urban his job at OSU.

But now that Urban is available, Tom’s job is more in danger than ever.

Poetic justice if Urban comes here.

circle of life fishing GIF by William Garratt

11 hours ago, Dilligas said:

I feel like Urban is wrapped up and just waiting until OSU is done for the year (optimist). If not, I think giving another year to Herman makes sense just because there really doesn’t appear to be a clear upgrade. I’d like to say we’d suddenly beat teams like we should but don’t really believe it. We may be fucked.

Be just our luck he'd luck into 10 wins, recruiting would improve marginally, yet still be well below par. But then the administration could say, well both the product on the field and recruiting are improving so we're going to roll with him for another year or two.

And the cancer grows. 

15 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Best case, your prolapsed anus will be hanging down into the toilet bowl for the rest of your life. 

The mere thought of TH being back next year is making my anus prolapse.

Edited by hobbs
  • Haha 2

Tom, CDC + BOR, urban, and the bmds all are feeding bullshit to their press buddies to run with. At this point I trust nobody who writes about ut but Bobby Burton who won't break the real story until just before espn so he doesn't lose his position as top insider. MSM will have an absolute field day with this as it is probably the biggest coaching hire since urban to osu and so everything about this has to be done very delicately  

So many smokescreens and psyops on here since the first flight tracking scramble people are losing sight of the forest. 

urban got his reputation fucked and his dream job stripped by Tom. He is now being offered an insane amount of money to take toms dream job from him and succeed where he failed. He wants to coach again. There have been a lot of flights between a tiny private airport near urbans house to a tiny airport just outside of Austin. Other planes running between every city he has family in back to back. Wife can't keep quiet with hints at night after I assume a little wine and a lot of attention. The curtains thing I'm dubious about as I think he'd stay at the private lake house of a donor while they negotiate away from prying eyes but I just track planes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Sure.  On the field and in recruiting.  But he has a legacy and relationships there that are worth protecting there.  If he were to derail an ongoing National Championship run by creating distractions and poaching assistants, he would significantly damage that relationship and legacy.  I think it’s perfectly reasonable that he would be sensitive to that until after the season plays out.

If he has to choose, he will choose his new employer. I don't think he'll go out of his way to fuck Ohio State over, but if he needs someone they currently have, his decision to poach that person will come down to "does doing this make me more likely to win at <new job>?"

I thought this was Urban Meyer 101, understood by everyone. When did he get a reputation for being touchy-feely?

51 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don't want to provide unwarranted hope about the situation, or inflame this thread any further.....but the 9.95'r reporting in some cases just isn't right. Here is what isn't making sense right now.

I am absolutely confident Meyer said no at least twice to Texas. I am also confident Texas was planning to move on from Herman.

Given these two facts, I don't understand 9.95r reports that say Urban hasn't completely shut the door, and that there is a chance Herman comes back if they don't get him.  For that to be true, one of the following has to be true:

9.95rs are spewing bs and what's really happening is that the admin is working plan B - very likely

The administration is continuing to work on Meyer and Meyer has decided yet again to listen - pretty unlikely, in my opinion

Meyer had been giving out false no's to everyone around him in order to hide the negotiations - slight chance this is true.

For the Herman rumor to be true, that would mean the administration did a complete 180 from getting rid of him to deciding to keep him. That would be stunning, if true. I have a hard time believing it.

Great post. Re the bolded, I tend to give that scenario more than a "slight chance" based alone on the fact that "giving false no's to everyone around him" was precisely his modus operandi during the period of rumors leading up to him taking the tOSU job.

Further to that point, this is not his first rodeo and he clearly knows that anything he directly says one way or the other, to anyone and even if in confidence, has a high probably of leaking out and igniting rumors. He also has a legacy and close relationships at tOSU he wants to preserve as much as possible as well as a family to protect from public scrutiny (read: from rabid tOSU fan base - imagine how bad they'd be if we moved from rumor to "it's truly happening" phase). And, as shown w/r/t Fickell and tOSU during Urban's last coaching transition, he seems to hold himself to some standards of professionalism in this sort of situation such that he is going to vehemently deny any public discussion about taking a job before it's open and the target team's season is a wrap (probably less of a consideration w/r/t Herman in this case, and more for his tOSU buddies and the players at both schools).

Given what we know, Urban would strongly prefer to say nothing at all. But that option was taken off the table when the public spectacle blew up (literally on national television) and was having the same practical effect as if he had indicated a "yes." So it would be logical that his only option in that situation is to "give out false no's to everyone around him." 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Sure.  On the field and in recruiting.  But he has a legacy and relationships there that are worth protecting there.  If he were to derail an ongoing National Championship run by creating distractions and poaching assistants, he would significantly damage that relationship and legacy.  I think it’s perfectly reasonable that he would be sensitive to that until after the season plays out.

It’s also a pretty good litmus test of his power and autonomy.

Recall that  one of the reasons Herman and Urban had a falling out was when Herman was trotting around in Cougar jacket during National Champioship trophy ceremony.  He was already busy putting together his staff and recruiting before the final was even played. This did not sit well with Urban. 

This tells me UM is big on protocols and optics and doing things "the right way". He may not want to be seen  publicly as negotiating for a job that is not even open and may have  asked the UT side to put a lid on any news getting out regarding the negotiations happening. 

This is all conjecture and connecting the dots, but not entirely impossible given what we know.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Brian Jones on the Ticket this morning indicated he heard Tuesday the Urban Meyer situation is not dead yet.

Clickity mother fuckin' clack. At what point can those that have hung around this whole time take off our tinfoil hats and be accepted into broader society?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Well in all fairness to KB, he did call it a crazy prediction but might be right because it’s possible Urban prefers the Midwest climate to Texas.   Austin gets tons of great press deservedly so, but it it is a fucking oven here during the summer.

With $60mill, you can set your AC to fucking 60.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FYI we wont hear shit about shit till after NSD1 or even  after  conference championship games. Damn near everything we hear can be disregarded till then

I think this is right. If Urban is still in play it might not be until after the playoffs are over that we hear anything. Any other change likely comes after NSD1 as CDC and crew can start really digging into other candidates. God help us if Herman coming back is really still on the table.

12 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

If he has to choose, he will choose his new employer. I don't think he'll go out of his way to fuck Ohio State over, but if he needs someone they currently have, his decision to poach that person will come down to "does doing this make me more likely to win at <new job>?"

I thought this was Urban Meyer 101, understood by everyone. When did he get a reputation for being touchy-feely?

Why does he have to choose?  Texas is giving him everything he wants.  Especially time.  If he has time then he can wait until the assistants he wants are done at ohio st.  He won't cause a stir or a distraction to the players or the coaches who are trying to win a National Championship.  Ohio st adores the guy and I think the last thing he wants is to cause those assistants and players to be questioned about him.  I think he just thinks it's better if he just waits. 

21 minutes ago, xfltalk said:

Tom, CDC + BOR, urban, and the bmds all are feeding bullshit to their press buddies to run with. At this point I trust nobody who writes about ut but Bobby Burton who won't break the real story until just before espn so he doesn't lose his position as top insider. MSM will have an absolute field day with this as it is probably the biggest coaching hire since urban to osu and so everything about this has to be done very delicately  

So many smokescreens and psyops on here since the first flight tracking scramble people are losing sight of the forest. 

urban got his reputation fucked and his dream job stripped by Tom. He is now being offered an insane amount of money to take toms dream job from him and succeed where he failed. He wants to coach again. There have been a lot of flights between a tiny private airport near urbans house to a tiny airport just outside of Austin. Other planes running between every city he has family in back to back. Wife can't keep quiet with hints at night after I assume a little wine and a lot of attention. The curtains thing I'm dubious about as I think he'd stay at the private lake house of a donor while they negotiate away from prying eyes but I just track planes. 

What’s the name of the small airport by Urban’s house? And are you talking about EDC here in Austin?

If CDC is as cunning as we hope, he knew last year that at some point he was going to have to fire Tom.  He either lined up a few BMDs to be able to handle the buyout (I'd guess max 3 knew about this plan....and yes, if you are a billionaire you can stake your AD for $10mm so he knows he's got it if needed) or he started building the file to fire Tom for cause/negotiate down the buyout.  Anyone that has worked at a public company knows firing someone takes lots of data points of failure.  I'm going to guess CDC probably started building that file in 2019 (drunken behavior at ACC, dickin' a jewelry maker, blow, etc).  First official reach out to Urban happened the day after the Tech debacle and terms were agreed to in October.  

2 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Why does he have to choose?  Texas is giving him everything he wants.  Especially time.  If he has time then he can wait until the assistants he wants are done at ohio st.  He won't cause a stir or a distraction to the players or the coaches who are trying to win a National Championship.  Ohio st adores the guy and I think the last thing he wants is to cause those assistants and players to be questioned about him.  I think he just thinks it's better if he just waits. 

What I don't get is if he and tOSU love each other so much why isn't he still coaching there? I mean the general consensus is that health problems aren't a concern and he wants to keep coaching, then why did he quit his dream job? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, longhornfreak said:

3 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

That beach is in Siesta Key, FL btw.

1 minute ago, Surgical said:

To add this level of creepiness, she had replies on 10/10 indicating she was shopping at Trader Joe's in Dublin, OH, so she would've flown to Siesta keys sometime between 10/10 and the time of that tweet on10/12, likely 10/11. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic