Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

39 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Urban's son-in-law has a chance to be part of a staff that wins a National Championship... might be a good reason to wait till tOSU is done playing before accepting the TEXAS job.  

I bet they're in for nice bonuses for making the CFP/winning a natty.  I doubt you get those if you quit before the team plays in any of those...

23 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

We could build a training facility in Far East Austin and build an elevated tram with a barber shop and rap studio, Tattoo parlor and a business entrepreneurial program all on the tram so they can ride and take care of they paper and align all their funding streams at the same time 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean...not really. It claimed that but it only governed a small part of it (only the eastern part of the current state). Sending our dudes to secure that part of New Mexico did not go well.

Texas history talk not going away.

It was from the money that Texas received for giving up claims to what is now New Mexico (the Compromise of 1850) that the initial funding for the PUF was obtained. $100,000 which was then squandered by the Legislature during the Civil War.

True story.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I bet they're in for nice bonuses for making the CFP/winning a natty.  I doubt you get those if you quit before the team plays in any of those...

Clark Lea of ND just took the Vandy job and Tom had taken the Houston job in 2014 during the title run. As long as you stay on there those should still be paid out I presume. 

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean...not really. It claimed that but it only governed a small part of it (only the eastern part of the current state). Sending our dudes to secure that part of New Mexico did not go well.

Texas history talk not going away.

Yes, I recall Woodrow and Gus didn't get the gold in Santa Fe.

47 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Northwestern also has a campus in downtown Washington.  I haven't seen their practice facility on the Potomac yet though.

Oh, wow. Is DC just a short commute up the coast from Chicago? It's not? It's actually halfway across the country? That's wild.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Alright last pic.  This is just for the Clemson football players to hang around and have fun.  Someone had mentioned previously that Charlie Strong had to jump through hurdles to get ping pong tables for the team a few years back.

clemson-football-outdoor-village.jpg

This may be a stupid question, but how is this allowed?  Isn't (or wasn't) there a principle that athletes shouldn't receive benefits that aren't available to the student body at large?  Even if there's an exact duplicate of this that the rest of Clemson's 25,000 students can use, that's hardly equal to sharing the same facility with 100 guys and their girlfriends.

32 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Shit I think you're right. Okay, so Indoor practice facility over 35. Outdoor ontop of the indoor. Footballs hitting traffic. 

Build the new bubble around the upper decks with roads running through it to simulate crowd noise. It would be ike having the player tunnels in the restaurants at Jerryworld but in reverse. 

32 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Not sure if you’re waving the white flag or coming back for more. Bottom line is they had land on campus to build a facility.   We need to find it but maybe we can replace our current facilities.   Plausible.   But our focus has been on stadium renovation.  Besides 13 miles?  That’s basically round rock to Austin.  

The original point was that all of these swanky new facilities are not being built on valuable real estate or in cities with high construction costs. The fact that Northwestern already owned the land is kind of irrelevant. They decided to build a football facility on an extremely valuable property 10ish miles from downtown Chicago. UT already owns many similar properties. UT's athletics budget is also astronomical compared to f'ing Northwestern's. I would guess there is a similar access to donor capital. 

If anyone wants to come start telling me how Round Rock is just like Evanston or how Santa Monica isn't really in LA then be my guest. It's banal pedantry (that I have admittedly come to expect here and brought upon myself) distracting from the original conversation.

48 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Most of that parkling lot space was taken up by the new tennis center and the parking garage.

I'm looking across Comal from the tennis center. North of the softball field. Idk if it's a garage now though

I don't think you could fit in on top of the Caven lax field and that bball court by San Jac Hall but that'd be the perfect spot. Probably would have to tear down that big garage and the chilling station though so likely no-go

Edited by Tex-19

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

But where would we do Longhorn City Limits?

For all the shitting on Crystal Conte he has really improved the game day experience.

Except for the winning games part. If they are worried about costs for the buyout etc get rid of Longhorn Blvd/City Limits etc and put a winning product on the field.

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I would like to offer a map to help with the Chicago geography lesson going on here

image.jpeg.0cc21218293730547054f7bf754e489e.jpeg

El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston

Beaumont is closer to Tampa than El Paso.

Brownsville is closer to Mexico City than DFW.

Texarkana is closer to Atlanta than El Paso.

Corpus is closer to Cuba than Denver.

Austin is closer to New Orleans than El Paso

56 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I would like to offer a map to help with the Chicago geography lesson going on here

image.jpeg.0cc21218293730547054f7bf754e489e.jpeg

When I moved to Dallas in the 90's everyone on my team had moved there from another state as an adult after college and hated Texas folks always reminding them everything is bigger in Texas. Since I was the new arrival and a native Texan, they started to give me a little crap and asked me to name the other 49 states. So I started with New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Colorado and I got interrupted. They said of course you are from Texas and everything radiates outward from the center of the universe for you which is Texas. What can I say.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Urban's son-in-law has a chance to be part of a staff that wins a National Championship... might be a good reason to wait till tOSU is done playing before accepting the TEXAS job.  

It may also be reason enough for him not to want to coach at Texas and instead keep the family in Columbus

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic