Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

44 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

dallas runs this rap game ish now this isnt the mid 2000s no one wants to hear about candy paint

dallas made houston irrelevant dallas has all the top rappers in the industry houston has become nothing but past prime struggling artists 

houston rap will never be relevant again 

He's dead, Jim.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

dallas runs this rap game ish now this isnt the mid 2000s no one wants to hear about candy paint

dallas made houston irrelevant dallas has all the top rappers in the industry houston has become nothing but past prime struggling artists 

Dallas vs Houston. I'll take $500 for 2 cities I don't give a shit about Alex. And I was born in one and lived in both. I never got the competition, they're just 2 overcrowded, Urban-sprawl cities that I wouldn't care if I ever had to set foot in again. Unfortunately I'm probably stuck in Houston for the next 9 years and will probably make 50 trips to Dallas in the same period. Come on Urban, give me a reason other than work or fun to go to Austin again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

[/url]  

Sounds like something fuccboi’s listen too. IJS.

50 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Post Malone was born in New York, Kevin Gates was born in Baton Rouge and I have literally never heard of a single one of the others...but I am sure they are much better than Travis Scott right?

I just love square toe dropping that rap game knowledge.  Very Texan of you and I approve.

And as a Dallas guy, Houston just fuckin smokes us in the rap game.  UGK alone would be enough but Fat Pat, Slim thug, Lil' Flip, Travis Scott, Paul Wall, and of course, DJ Screw put Houston up against any city in the country.

Since you chose Cricket, I know you're stalking my post history. It is the second most popular sport globally.
I also want men's and women's Olympic powerlifting teams too.
Like everyone on this forum, I too am an uncivilized boor.

We are all uncivilized boors. And this type of thought process leads one to think that UT is also looking at plans for NASCAR vs F1, because $$$$!

UM (meat, boots, flight tracking, tits, cars and tits)or GTFO!

We'd score a goal in the opening few minutes then park it and pass around our half for 70 minutes before giving up an equalizer. We'd then either win or concede again to lose in the last 10 minutes - with about a 50/50 chance of either happening. And we'd do it every game without fail.

It’s 2020, you left out the shoot out at the end.

By: IT Staff

SCENARIO 3/3.5

We’ve been urging patience regarding coaching resolution and will continue to do so. So will our sources.

“I just know nothing will happen until after New Years.” - high level source to @Bobby Burton.

Inside Texas has heard the same from two other quality sources this week. As the echoes of the Scenario 1 death rattle pings through Bellmont Hall’s....er, halls, Scenario 3 (search for a commoner) and 3.5 (search for an upper-middle class candidate) are in the developmental stages.

Urban Meyer declining his invitation to coach at Texas did two things:

1) It prolonged the search timeline. This is obvious but also requires explanation. We won’t say all the eggs were in that basket but all of the effort required to pull that hire off was, and landing him was the only time sensitive acquisition out there given the positive effects it would have had on recruiting. Also, he didn’t have a real job and could have left the TV set at any time. That was a unique circumstance the other candidates don’t find themselves in.

2) It scattered the BB’s ever so slightly. That was foretold to happen in these very pages if Texas missed on Meyer. That brief scattering on the floor was cleaned up before it led to too many embarrassing slip ups like the Wet Bandits trying to burgle. Maybe we’ll return to that topic in a retrospective but for now it should be accepted as positive news.

Thinags could change with a couple public declinations, but for now this is not resembling disorganization or a circus.

When Meyer declined it guaranteed nothing would happen soon. Both the unrealistic and realistic candidates are all still coaching for titles of varying prestige.

The belief behind the scenes is that time is an ally. Fans — short for fanatics — will disagree, but if the goal is to make a great hire then sure and steady is the way things have to be. From what we can gather, none of the decision makers view Texas as being in desperation mode. You’re not going to see what’s occurring at Auburn occurring at Texas. Even Greg Fenves understood how to handle transition.

We’ve been told any names that are circling are speculation, but we’ve heard one name more frequently than the others. You’ll understandably want a name but if you take a step back I’m sure you’ll understand why we can’t give it yet. It would undoubtedly be a good hire but there’s a long way to go. No, we’re not trying to drum up subs or some other nonsense. Keeping the name quiet hurts us in that regard, but it does allow the school to operate in relative silence.

The trilateral commission (AD, president, and BOR) is cognizant of the fact some quality coaches will want to use Texas to get a raise. That will be difficult to do because there is no opening. However, talks could progress to a point a candidate has an offer from Texas as well as his current school and will have to make a choice. That’s the gamble but it happens every day in the real world.

The belief is if they handle the process correctly, it will yield greater results than haphazardly shooting boatloads of money out of a t-shirt cannon in the general direction of well known coaches.

TEAM

Texas returned to practice on Tuesday and again on Thursday. It was more of ‘back to basics’ as the team had restricted workouts during the team’s COVID issues last week. The next team practice is to be determined.

The team will learn its potential bowl location and opponent on Sunday. The most likely destination is the Cheez It Bowl or the Alamo Bowl for a team that will look very different from the last time we saw it.

Sam Cosmi, Caden Sterns, Chris Brown, and Joseph Ossai have all opted out and are preparing for the NFL Draft. It’s an opportunity for the younger players to put out good film heading into the spring.

With Cosmi out and Derek Kerstetter's injury, the offensive line continues to shuffle. The current projection from left-to-right: Karic-Angilau-Majors-Jones-Okafor. But there will be more shuffling.

We’re seeing more Andrej Karic at left tackle after his play versus Kansas State. Christian Jones has moved to RG, with Okafor moving the other direction to RT. We’re also hearing Tyler Johnson has been working at RG/RT and true freshman Jaylen Garth has been at RT. Garth has been at full strength the last two weeks and hopes to finish strong and be in a position to contribute in 2021.

At wide receiver, Brennan Eagles remains uncertain of his return or declaring for the draft. Marcus Washington is another player not guaranteed to return.

Jared Wiley’s shoulder continues to mend and his availability for the bowl game is uncertain.

On defense, you’ll see more Jett Bush at jack, Jerrin Thompson at field safety, and Kitan Crawford at corner. BJ Foster is still nursing what we believe is a hamstring injury.

IT has learned Texas could lose a young defensive back to the Portal soon after the addition of McNeese State grad transfer Darion Dunn. It’s a player who might have contributed in a more minor role next year.

Linebacker DeMarvion Overshown continues to weigh his options on returning for his senior year.

On the offensive line, Derek Kerstetter and Denzel Okafor have yet to decide if they’ll return for 2021. Willie Tyler, who opted out earlier in the year, may also return but is undecided.

One of the few areas of concern on defense next year will be defensive end. Moro Ojomo, playing out of position, came on strong, but the team could use more burst off the edge. Jacoby Jones is undecided on his return (we think it’s possible, if not likely) but we’ve heard Marqez Bimage is expected back.

• Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I just love square toe dropping that rap game knowledge.  Very Texan of you and I approve.

And as a Dallas guy, Houston just fuckin smokes us in the rap game.  UGK alone would be enough but Fat Pat, Slim thug, Lil' Flip, Travis Scott, Paul Wall, and of course, DJ Screw put Houston up against any city in the country.

Leaving out James Prince & Rap A Lot. Gheto Boys, Scarface, etc. 

18 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

post malone is dallas @RGBIII wikied post malone he doesnt know rap knowledge

& this is 2020 not 1994 houston rap isnt winning against any city let alone dallas 

bruh said fat pat slim thug lil flip paul wall like its 2004 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

SCENARIO 3/3.5

We’ve been urging patience regarding coaching resolution and will continue to do so. So will our sources.

“I just know nothing will happen until after New Years.” - high level source to @Bobby Burton.

Inside Texas has heard the same from two other quality sources this week. As the echoes of the Scenario 1 death rattle pings through Bellmont Hall’s....er, halls, Scenario 3 (search for a commoner) and 3.5 (search for an upper-middle class candidate) are in the developmental stages.

1) It prolonged the search timeline. This is obvious but also requires explanation. We won’t say all the eggs were in that basket but all of the effort required to pull that hire off was, and landing him was the only time sensitive acquisition out there given the positive effects it would have had on recruiting. Also, he didn’t have a real job and could have left the TV set at any time. That was a unique circumstance the other candidates don’t find themselves in.

2) It scattered the BB’s ever so slightly. That was foretold to happen in these very pages if Texas missed on Meyer. That brief scattering on the floor was cleaned up before it led to too many embarrassing slip ups like the Wet Bandits trying to burgle. Maybe we’ll return to that topic in a retrospective but for now it should be accepted as positive news.

Thinags could change with a couple public declinations, but for now this is not resembling disorganization or a circus.

When Meyer declined it guaranteed nothing would happen soon. Both the unrealistic and realistic candidates are all still coaching for titles of varying prestige.

The belief behind the scenes is that time is an ally. Fans — short for fanatics — will disagree, but if the goal is to make a great hire then sure and steady is the way things have to be. From what we can gather, none of the decision makers view Texas as being in desperation mode. You’re not going to see what’s occurring at Auburn occurring at Texas. Even Greg Fenves understood how to handle transition.

We’ve been told any names that are circling are speculation, but we’ve heard one name more frequently than the others. You’ll understandably want a name but if you take a step back I’m sure you’ll understand why we can’t give it yet. It would undoubtedly be a good hire but there’s a long way to go. No, we’re not trying to drum up subs or some other nonsense. Keeping the name quiet hurts us in that regard, but it does allow the school to operate in relative silence.

The trilateral commission (AD, president, and BOR) is cognizant of the fact some quality coaches will want to use Texas to get a raise. That will be difficult to do because there is no opening. However, talks could progress to a point a candidate has an offer from Texas as well as his current school and will have to make a choice. That’s the gamble but it happens every day in the real world.

The belief is if they handle the process correctly, it will yield greater results than haphazardly shooting boatloads of money out of a t-shirt cannon in the general direction of well known coaches.

TEAM

Texas returned to practice on Tuesday and again on Thursday. It was more of ‘back to basics’ as the team had restricted workouts during the team’s COVID issues last week. The next team practice is to be determined.

The team will learn its potential bowl location and opponent on Sunday. The most likely destination is the Cheez It Bowl or the Alamo Bowl for a team that will look very different from the last time we saw it.

Sam Cosmi, Caden Sterns, Chris Brown, and Joseph Ossai have all opted out and are preparing for the NFL Draft. It’s an opportunity for the younger players to put out good film heading into the spring.

With Cosmi out and Derek Kerstetter's injury, the offensive line continues to shuffle. The current projection from left-to-right: Karic-Angilau-Majors-Jones-Okafor. But there will be more shuffling.

We’re seeing more Andrej Karic at left tackle after his play versus Kansas State. Christian Jones has moved to RG, with Okafor moving the other direction to RT. We’re also hearing Tyler Johnson has been working at RG/RT and true freshman Jaylen Garth has been at RT. Garth has been at full strength the last two weeks and hopes to finish strong and be in a position to contribute in 2021.

At wide receiver, Brennan Eagles remains uncertain of his return or declaring for the draft. Marcus Washington is another player not guaranteed to return.

Jared Wiley’s shoulder continues to mend and his availability for the bowl game is uncertain.

On defense, you’ll see more Jett Bush at jack, Jerrin Thompson at field safety, and Kitan Crawford at corner. BJ Foster is still nursing what we believe is a hamstring injury.

IT has learned Texas could lose a young defensive back to the Portal soon after the addition of McNeese State grad transfer Darion Dunn. It’s a player who might have contributed in a more minor role next year.

Linebacker DeMarvion Overshown continues to weigh his options on returning for his senior year.

On the offensive line, Derek Kerstetter and Denzel Okafor have yet to decide if they’ll return for 2021. Willie Tyler, who opted out earlier in the year, may also return but is undecided.

One of the few areas of concern on defense next year will be defensive end. Moro Ojomo, playing out of position, came on strong, but the team could use more burst off the edge. Jacoby Jones is undecided on his return (we think it’s possible, if not likely) but we’ve heard Marqez Bimage is expected back.

TL; DR: “Free beer tomorrow”

8 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

SCENARIO 3/3.5

TEAM

Stop posting off topic in this thread

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2