Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

He makes $1.6m at ND? That is insane. I could also see him snatching Elko from A&M to make an even bigger impact.

I don't know the figures, but he was very underpaid when he was initially hired.  They still owed Coach Schematic Advantage a shitload, and that combined with Kelly openly pining for the job meant he was eager to take whatever they offered.   What's publicly stated as his salary today might just be base.  Hell, maybe ND was taking advantage of him salary wise all these years because he wants to be there.

He signed an extension in September, so it's possible they opened the vault for him going forward.

6 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Jesus was created by an ex-Barking Carnival dude looking to monetize intel using an amalgamation of sources, hence the big cigar. He and Tipsy Gypsy ran with it and brought it to IT

Ok, that does indeed sound like a sock. He's done well.  I know him, or whoever plays him in real life.  I just wanted to point out that he was at least an admin and not some of these fake jokers running around.

8 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Jesus was created by an ex-Barking Carnival dude looking to monetize intel using an amalgamation of sources, hence the big cigar. He and Tipsy Gypsy ran with it and brought it to IT

The spin-off to Barking Carnival. Recruitocosim I think it was called.   

33 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’d love to see the list of guys you are convinced would be “a good football fit.” 

As far as I see it, Urban is in a league of his own and the rest of the candidates (including BK) are in a much lower tier. I don't think BK is any better than Matt Campbell, for instance.

Edited by Tom Chairman

4 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

As far as I see it, Urban is in a league of his own and the rest of the candidates (including BK) are in a much lower tier. I don't think BK is any better than Matt Campbell, for instance.

Running a giant program like ND is considerably different than running Iowa state. BK has already proved he’s a capable head coach while nobody has a clue if Campbell can handle the day to day stress of a blue blood. If BK just signed an extension though is he worth the buy out? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Brian Kelly has a proven record, and reportedly had a coming to god moment and changed his style a bit a few years back.

A coach at a top 10 job, more like top 5, has his team in the CFP twice and said coach has played for a national championship in the last decade.... is going to leave that job to come to a program that is a mess right now?  Lmao, Kelly is trying to get as much ammunition and leverage to get a huge raise at ND.  I don’t see ND letting him walk away.  They will match whatever we offer.  You guys act like we did not see this same scenario play out with coach after coach after we fired Mack.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, victory88 said:

A coach at a top 10 job, more like top 5, has his team in the CFP twice and whom has played for a national championship in the last decade.... is going to leave that job to come to a program that is a mess right now?  Lmao, Kelly is trying to get as much ammunition and leverage to get a huge raise at ND.  I don’t see ND letting him walk away.  They will match whatever we offer.  You guys act like we did not see this same scenario play out with coach after coach after we fired Mack.  

Texas had a plan in place with no backup when it got blown up. Looking back its difficult to say who we should have hired from the group that was available 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/30/5357306/college-football-coaching-carousel-grades-2013-2014

BK is 102-38 at ND if you count those wins he had vacated for using ineligible players (which makes him kinda BDE in my opinion lulz) and went to a MNC game plus two CFP appearances now with basically having no chance of recruiting any pipe hitting mother fuckers. If that’s not better than strong/herman for this board then fuck everybody lol. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It’s a sock that they use when they want to post information but do not want to be directly accountable for it in case a source gets pissed that something got out there. Ketchum used a number of socks in a similar manner. 

Kelly coming here is waaaaaaaay more likely than you guys are thinking. 

No it’s not. And that’s exactly what you and others said about Urban. Now it’s Kelly. 

Edited by taybo20
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I wouldn’t say “no way”. I’d be fairly surprised and think it’s highly doubtful. 

Jim Harbaugh, Bill Callahan, Brian Billick, Dan Quinn, Gary Kubiak, Mike McCarthy, Doug Pederson, Ken Whisenhunt, Lovie Smith, and Jim Fassel made Super Bowls. Some of them won. It must not take much to stun you. 

Urban has almost nothing in common with almost all of those guys, but it doesn't matter. He's not joining that group. As others have said, he's a terrible fit for the NFL. Didn't Mensa ape most of his motivational shit from Urban? Even if it's a shitty version, that type of thing isn't going to work there.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

No it’s not. And that’s exactly what you and others said about Urban. Now it’s Kelly. 

One of those is not like the other bud. Urban doesn’t have a head coaching job. Texas also doesn’t have an opening for a head coaching job. We threw a Hail Mary at Meyer and it didn’t work. If BK wants the Texas job he can’t say anything until ND is done playing. He’s a couple wins away from being the all time leader in wins at ND. If saban slaughters him like many people think will happen then at some point you gotta think he’s tired of being the brides maid. Texas is a realistic option to field a team that can compete with bama. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

One of those is not like the other bud. Urban doesn’t have a head coaching job. Texas also doesn’t have an opening for a head coaching job. We threw a Hail Mary at Meyer and it didn’t work. If BK wants the Texas job he can’t say anything until ND is done playing. He’s a couple wins away from being the all time leader in wins at ND. If saban slaughters him like many people think will happen then at some point you gotta think he’s tired of being the brides maid. Texas is a realistic option to field a team that can compete with bama. 

My god...you can rationalize it anyway you want based on whoever is the hot candidate in this thread. He’s not leaving ND for Texas for anything you mentioned. He’s in the playoff with ND. A place Texas has never even sniffed. ND gets to custom curate their schedule, save for this year. Texas doesn’t. ND can win games against winless opponents and get moved to the top 5 based on name alone. Why exactly is he choosing Texas? Because he can’t field a team that can compete with bama, but at Texas he could? We haven’t proved that. And he’s outrecruited us this year based on rankings. So he’s gonna leave a blue chip to start a process where if he doesn’t win fast enough he’s on the hot seat? Yeah he’s not a fucking idiot. He’s got a way better chance of making the CFP where he is then he would coming to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

My god...you can rationalize it anyway you want based on whoever is the hot candidate in this thread. He’s not leaving ND for Texas for anything you mentioned. He’s in the playoff with ND. A place Texas has never even sniffed. ND gets to custom curate their schedule, save for this year. Texas doesn’t. ND can win games against winless opponents and get moved to the top 5 based on name alone. Why exactly is he choosing Texas? Because he can’t field a team that can compete with bama, but at Texas he could? We haven’t proved that. And he’s outrecruited us this year based on rankings. So he’s gonna leave a blue chip to start a process where if he doesn’t win fast enough he’s on the hot seat? Yeah he’s not a fucking idiot. He’s got a way better chance of making the CFP where he is then he would coming to Texas. 

He’s old, bout to be 60. He doesn’t have time to keep just making the playoff lol. 8 or 9 million reasons a year to try at Texas which CAN field a team that would win it all is all the rationale one needs. After 3 tries at ND and getting killed each time...it’s not happening there. 

41 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Mine never went down.

Tipsy Gypsy = Eric Nahlin

Jesus Shuttlesworth and Tipsy Gypsy created Recruitocosm which was the initial amalgamation, but it was free.

The really shocking part was Burnt Orange Nation didn't suck ass back then. It was probably the best Texas board when Recruiticosm began. Then Wescott Eberts, who was functionally illiterate at the time, took over and made it what it is today.

Just now, Texasrocks said:

The really shocking part was Burnt Orange Nation didn't suck ass back then. It was probably the best Texas board when Recruiticosm began. Then Wescott Eberts, who was functionally illiterate at the time, took over and made it what it is today.

For the record, he's still functionally illiterate. I'm also surprised he hasn't gotten his ass kicked when he's gone out in Austin for being the hipster douche, over the top SJW wannabe that he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He’s old, bout to be 60. He doesn’t have time to keep just making the playoff lol. 8 or 9 million reasons a year to try at Texas which CAN field a team that would win it all is all the rationale one needs. After 3 tries at ND and getting killed each time...it’s not happening there. 

He may not even care about the money. And there is no guarantee he can turn Texas around before getting fired. Which at his age, he probably wouldn’t want to deal with as his “legacy”. Again, I don’t think he’s coming to Texas. 

Kelly likely knows ND can’t realistically get better than what they are right now under his watch. Also, he saw in person in 2016 just how much easier it’d be to recruit at Texas. If someone is at all hamstrung at their current job, then they’ll look elsewhere. Forget brands/title history; everyone on here stupidly scoffed at Jimbo for moving from FSU to A&M when he was actually doing himself a favor by making winning titles easier.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Running a giant program like ND is considerably different than running Iowa state. BK has already proved he’s a capable head coach while nobody has a clue if Campbell can handle the day to day stress of a blue blood. If BK just signed an extension though is he worth the buy out? 

yes but it won't matter becuz WE GETTIN' URBAN!

23 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Someone asked earlier for a comparison of Strength of Schedule between ND & Texas since 2010 when Kelly arrived at ND:

image.png.bf34a8e1b23248aaa529022e18849f9d.png

imagine being at a school playing 54 rank schedule and getting in the playoff with one loss.  sounds like a place I might like to stay.

8 minutes ago, Griff said:

The only ‘Kelly or Bust’ talk on this thread should be a about hot chicks named Kelly with nice busts holding a ‘Welcome to Austin Urban’ Sign.

Need focus and positive vibes as this thing plays out.

031421f848b7ba025d05c28311d36b68.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Also, he saw in person in 2016 just how much easier it’d be to recruit at Texas. 

He also saw Chuckles Strong beat his Irish team with Tyrone Swoopes and a freshman Shane Buechele in front of 102,000 loud ass drunk Texans.  After that, he may truly believe that he can recruit and field a steamroller team if he coaches here.  

54 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Texas had a plan in place with no backup when it got blown up. Looking back its difficult to say who we should have hired from the group that was available 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/30/5357306/college-football-coaching-carousel-grades-2013-2014

based on that list  it would have been Petersen/Franklin who I am sure would not have been eve close to the disaster that was one Charles Strong.

59 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

BK is 102-38 at ND if you count those wins he had vacated for using ineligible players (which makes him kinda BDE in my opinion lulz) and went to a MNC game plus two CFP appearances now with basically having no chance of recruiting any pipe hitting mother fuckers. If that’s not better than strong/herman for this board then fuck everybody lol. 

Lolz...no one is saying he isn’t better than strong/Herman. And that’s exactly why he isn’t coming to Texas. 

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Griff said:

The only ‘Kelly or Bust’ talk on this thread should be a about hot chicks named Kelly with nice busts holding a ‘Welcome to Austin Urban’ Sign.

Need focus and positive vibes as this thing plays out.

mzpgoNB.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:
Momma we made it 8ed20c211a9f697edc169b2ce3b2011b.jpg

What's weird is he starts by saying the rumor is on surlyhorns.com, but ends by saying the rumor is not on any reliable news sources. HELLO??

Seriously, who the fuck is this clown?  We were ranked the third best college football message board according to some random person!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4