Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

According to their website, there are 6 of them, 5 in Midland/ Odessa.

There's one in Corrigan, TX and one in Buffalo, TX.  Combos with Subway.  Also, Bluebell parlor on site. 

Edited by dcbc

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Rod B reiterated on his show yesterday that Shanahan would be unlikely because a.) he feels like he has unfinished business in the NFL after being close to winning SBs with the Falcons as OC and the 49ers last year, and b.) he'd absolutely hate having to deal with recruiting and all that comes with that. Could all just be a smokescreen but that seems to align with what others have said.

Yeah, I know people who played with Shanahan at UT. He has 0 interest in coaching in college.  The NFL has always been his dream, he has a loaded roster in SF and has a chance to get an actual good QB this offseason with a front office that fully supports him and will pay him top of market for a long time. Plus, he's believed to make about 10 million per year with SF, so there's no world where UT can money whip him to the point where he considers coming here. Maybe if he were making 4 mil and we offered to triple it would be a different story, but a 20% pay increase won't move the needle for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

"Having trouble getting guys from tOSU" is simply code-speak for "offer more $ for assistants." Everyone has a price for everything. The guys at tOSU can read the Internet and see that (1) we have the deepest of pockets and (2) we need Urban. And they know urban needs them. So we're basically at second tier negotiations.

If BMDs want this to happen, then we'll get the money for Urban to lure his guys.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, I know people who played with Shanahan at UT. He has 0 interest in coaching in college.  The NFL has always been his dream, he has a loaded roster in SF and has a chance to get an actual good QB this offseason with a front office that fully supports him and will pay him top of market for a long time. Plus, he's believed to make about 10 million per year with SF, so there's no world where UT can money whip him to the point where he considers coming here. Maybe if he were making 4 mil and we offered to triple it would be a different story, but a 20% pay increase won't move the needle for him.

Dead on. Yes, he's making nearly $10M, and he doesn't have to deal with politics and recruiting. Dude was raised in the NFL, has connections all over the league. There's no incentive for him to dive down to college right now. 

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean maybe Harbaugh is a decent example but he started in college so not really.

I think Harbaugh is widely known for his NFL success first and his build job at Stanford second. I actually think he's a pretty good example. And he's been a failure in college since he got NFL'ed up. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

If we somehow get Meyer, I full expect aggy to give Jimbo a raise to $12,000,001.  

they'll just let him fill in the number.  I will be similar to the trophy.

"This contract addendum states that Jimbo's salary 2021-2027 will be $____________________.00"

just jumped into the last page of this thread after not reading anything since yesterday afternoon.  when i left off, everyone was nutting themselves that the deal was done and now we are actually talking about horrible nfl coaching takes.  i am impressed with how quickly this board went through the five stages of grief in less than 24 hours over complete bullshit innuendo and douchebags trying to inflate their sense of importance and insider knowledge in either direction.

very impressive emotional intelligence.  props to us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidis said:

just jumped into the last page of this thread after not reading anything since yesterday afternoon.  when i left off, everyone was nutting themselves that the deal was done and now we are actually talking about horrible nfl coaching takes.  i am impressed with how quickly this board went through the five stages of grief in less than 24 hours over complete bullshit innuendo and douchebags trying to inflate their sense of importance and insider knowledge in either direction.

Nah, we'll go back to Urban the sure thing in no time.  Don't give us any props yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

the chat like discussion about burgers was an underrated moment last night.  you missed out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Are you surprised? 

22 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

OR that this has been locked down so tightly that it hasn't leaked to anyone and the 9.95'rs are spewing b.s. as usual.

We really shouldn't rule this out one way or another. Let's say no announcement is going to be made until after K-State. These sites are content generators and this is sweeps week.

45 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

And there it is. That’s IT leaking news of the awesome second mystery candidate to set expectations accordingly. I fully expect the messaging now to follow this trend. I hope I’m wrong. 

To me it could just as easily just be posturing, part of the negotiation process...

23 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Because they have a kickass situation and are very comfortable.  Plus, let's be honest is Austin the appeal you think it is?  Maybe it was but it has changed quite a bit over 20 yrs.  Probable get twice the house in Columbus. Weather does suck but our summers are a kick in the balls too. 

Do you think I guy making $12M/year gives a fuck about how much more house he can get in Columbus? 

Jesus Fucksticks, go the fuck away, troll.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

Do you think I guy making $12M/year gives a fuck about how much more house he can get in Columbus? 

A guy like that would probably also worry quite a bit about his restaurant in Columbus going belly-up!

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

The Saban Deal of 2013 is still being talked about. You think Urban talk is over

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

WTF are you talking about? It was in response to someone saying why staff may not want to move from Columbus over Austin. You're a moron. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wood said:

To me it could just as easily just be posturing, part of the negotiation process...

It's nothing different from what IT has reported. They were saying if Urban didn't work out that Brian Kelly would be the 2nd option. 

All they're saying is Texas is doing their due diligence in case Urban isn't hired. They've been saying that for weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

After over 7,200 posts on the subject, plus talking to people "in the know" and compiling all of the data, I'm going with...

• Herman fired and announced by the end of the day on Saturday 12/5
  • Urban hired and announced by the end of the day on Sunday 12/6

Book it, bank it, mark it down, whatever.

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic