Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

The mouse does not own fox broadcast. 

5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Yeah, Disney owns Fox Studios, not Fox Broadcasting Company.

Thought it just excluded FNC.  Well, I'll be. 

But Mr. Burns ain't giving him a raise either.

Edited by dcbc

There is no chance Urban will get $8 to $10 million at Fox. It won't even be half that. I have a friend that's an agent who is in the know on this stuff. Kirk Herbstreit is in the $2 million range and that was pre-Covid. 
That Kirk guy is talking out of his ass. 

And Kirk calls games too.

Also, if he was given a big raise wit would have been leaked already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Squid doubles down

2dadda810875702d20436af32dad1d78.jpg

Its showing up better on my phone. After the plate is a bird feather not a box. After the guy is an accordion. 

I'm guessing "squid forecasts in three days buckNUTS eats crow. Hookem celebrates. 

• Hook 'Em 6

There is no chance Urban will get $8 to $10 million at Fox. It won't even be half that. I have a friend that's an agent who is in the know on this stuff. Kirk Herbstreit is in the $2 million range and that was pre-Covid. 
That Kirk guy is talking out of his ass. 

And Kirk calls games too.

Also, if he was given a big raise wit would have been leaked already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

"Fox gave him a huge raise"

That's a laughable argument. Said raise is loose change compared to what a top 3 CFB coach is used to earning.

I think Al Michaels makes $5M a year. I cannot see Fox pushing Urban above that for College Football. Joe Buck makes $6M a year. Aikman makes 7.5M

No way does Fox go >3-4M/Year for Urbs for a studio show for College Football. I think Herbstreit is making like $2M/year.

Networks are dealing with falling ratings and cord cutters, This isn't the time to pony up tons of $ for a HC as an analyst when Fox will be able to find a bunch of mofos that are close to as good for a shit load cheaper.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Yeah this proves Kirk is full of shit Fox is not paying urban $8-10 million a year

If Urban wants big money, $12mil/yr for coaching will be more than his current FOX gig.

But if he's currently making maybe $1mil/yr at FOX for part-time work, and he gets a raise as a result of this TEXAS offer to maybe $3mil/yr, that would be a big raise. 

Edited by LTtxfan

Here's an article that references Herbstreit's salary. Around $2 million. 

There is no chance Urban is getting $8 to 10 million. It's probably not even at $4 million. 

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/kirk-herbstreit-net-worth/#:~:text=Continuing his illustrious career%2C Kirk,net worth around %244 million. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

All of these coaches and speakers who were held in such high esteem were the most embarrassing, stupid bunch of son of a bitches you could imagine. They were all totally wasted by 7:30-8:00pm. This thing ran until 11:00pm.  Falling down, puking, arguing and fighting.  It was beyond ridiculous.  Not to mention very disappointing.

After lurking for years I've signed up to say how un-disappointed I am by those sons of bitches. I mean you're a fucking football coach, get fucking down at the Hilton. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Do we have theories on why this one is going to Bergstrom instead of Horseshoe Bay? Did we ever get any confirmation that Urban and company were in HSB today? I know there was a dándome tweeter, but I know some cops in HSB and they claimed not to know about it. 

2 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Its showing up better on my phone. After the plate is a bird feather not a box. After the guy is an accordion. 

I'm guessing "squid forecasts in three days buckNUTS eats crow. Hookem celebrates. 

what is up with the David Bowie Aladdin Sane emoji?

3 minutes ago, GTNY said:

The bird feather means when CUM signs to be UT head corch.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't care what anybody says, the crying Jordan Bevo is fucking spectacular. Has that been around and I've just never seen it? 

Definitely been around. It was probably a bigger meme a couple of years ago.

I mean, do you think that barely literate alcoholic could do a PS job like that?

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

The bird feather means when CUM signs to be UT head corch.

Aah yes.  Okay.

Crystal ball -- he's telling the future

Three sunrises -- Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Buckeye -- he goes to the game

Silverware -- dinner

Feather and hookem -- signs with the good guys at dinner

Next one -- I don't know

Next 6 - party time

7 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Do we have theories on why this one is going to Bergstrom instead of Horseshoe Bay? Did we ever get any confirmation that Urban and company were in HSB today? I know there was a dándome tweeter, but I know some cops in HSB and they claimed not to know about it. 

Bird lands in 10.

so we went to dinner at the grove she had the bolognese, I had the pan seared chicken with a caesar salad, and the bottle of wine was an old go to, top notch legit.  food was really well prepared and super tasty.  worried I missed something, but the smiles, laughs and good times seemed worth it.  come home to check in and find the only thing that happened was a Squid/Kirk-the-PoPo-Evader Twitter standoff.  Did I get that right?

If so, I win.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Um, guys, I know most of y'all seem to be losing interest in the FlightAware game (except me), but I might have something in light of today's multiple confirmations (by Chip Brown and others) that Urban was in Las Vegas today and (by closetojumping / Eric Nahlin) that Phil Knight is pushing Urban to UT.

Posted about this one earlier today before some flight plan updates, but this is the plane in question. To name a few, this week it has had stops in Columbus, Houston and Dallas. Today, it flew from Houston to Las Vegas. They're clearly trying to scramble the upcoming flight plan with some fakes, but it's clear the only viable next leg is Las Vegas to Palm Springs, CA tomorrow.

The Palm Springs airport is 8 miles from the swanky Madison Club residential community in La Quinta. How is this relevant? It's home to Phil Knight

Tough crowd. As predicted, flight is now in route from Vegas to Palm Springs. 

Spoiler

RiHw7bl.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, thunderlounge said:

These are good chips, yep. Way back I used to get a brand called Arts. Jalapeno for the win. Those were fire. 

If you go way back, Charles Chips... My Mom would by them at her "Beauty Parlor" every Friday -- Good Times!!  😁

il_fullxfull.770546444_et6c.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't care what anybody says, the crying Jordan Bevo is fucking spectacular. Has that been around and I've just never seen it? 

Yeah, I've seen it before.  It's made more of an appearance in the last couple of Herman seasons.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic