Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

19 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

zaps voo doo bitches

Btw, what actually is this flavor? I bought a bag at the store last week along with the jalapeño, mistaking them for the spicy crawtator. I can’t quite figure it but but it seems like it’s some sort of strange bbq flavor.  

9 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

I got to visit two lovely burbs called Tenaha and Timpson after Thanksgiving.  I feel it was an enriching experience.  Pretty sure that couple with the pickup from Planes, Trains and Automobiles are from those parts.

My great grandfather was the sheriff of Timpson and my grandparents built a house a few miles out of town after my grandfather retired. It was a nice town when I was young and it slowly fell apart. I haven't been there in 15 years, but it's got to be a shithole if it followed the trajectory it was on.

Just now, Not a Sock said:

Yeah this proves Kirk is full of shit Fox is not paying urban 8-10$ a year

The Mouse is hurting bad this year.  Nobody's getting raises on FOX in 2020.  Only one getting a raise companywide is that baby Yoda.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
9 minutes ago, Octavian said:
Follow up from Kirk - not sure how big of a raise it would have to be but if it was $8-$10M I could see why he'd stay:
https://imgur.com/a/j49lB9V

No way in hell Fox is paying him even half of that.

There is no way in hell they're going to pay that for an in studio analyst.  

Just now, Etexhorn13 said:

Btw, what actually is this flavor? I bought a bag at the store last week along with the jalapeño, mistaking them for the spicy crawtator. I can’t quite figure it but but it seems like it’s some sort of strange bbq flavor.  

Those are great but salty as hell

Yeah this proves Kirk is full of shit Fox is not paying urban 8-10$ a year

For comparisons, Fox pays Terry Bradshaw 5M on the NFL show.

Their top NFL game analyst, Troy Aikman, makes 7.5.

Meyer is good on the show, very good, but they’re going to bump him 8+? What about the other guys on the set? You know they’ll be asking.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Which is why I find it hard to believe Mack is doing anything constructive to steer a HOF coach who is likely to smash Mack's UT accomplishments out of the water in a much, much shorter timeframe in our direction. I would more readily believe he's poisoning the well instead.

He's adept at that, this much we know. 

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

For comparisons, Fox pays Terry Bradshaw 5M on the NFL show.

Their top NFL game analyst, Troy Aikman, makes 7.5.

Meyer is good on the show, very good, but they’re going to bump him 8+? What about the other guys on the set? You know they’ll be asking.

Totally agree - just wanted to post his response since it gives us some insight into why he thinks it's done.

• Like 1

Let me offer some perspective here because I think the Tony Romo noise might worry some people:

Two Saturdays ago's noon game on FOX (IU @ tOSU) came in with 3.7 rating - good for 6.3 M viewers. These are very good ratings for that time slot. Actually better than TX/OU.

The Dallas/Pittsburgh game from a few weeks ago on CBS came in with a cool 12.4 rating good for 22.7M viewers.

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

I wasn’t on this board at the time but on other boards I tried to tell everyone that there’s a 0% chance Tom Herman was going to LSU. The deal was done, had been in the works for months.

This isn’t that type of slam dunk but everything has been very positive and most importantly we didn’t fuck anything up. It’s been the opposite. There’s no way that thread gets that text last night unless something really good happened. It wasn’t a done deal but it had to have been good enough that the thing didn’t all of a sudden flip in less than 24 hours. 

what text?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic