Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

My thoughts 

- the up and down of this I feel is good.  Means no one really knows what’s happening. The tight lippedness of this isn’t usual 

- the little we have heard and perceived “Texas sticking out their neck” means something real is happening.  Unless CDC has royally fucked this up, we have some sort of plan one way or the other.  

- Someone said it earlier but there’s no way it’s a coin flip at this point. CDC knows and is acting accordingly. 

- Tom Herman won’t be here next year with or without Urb.  Even if there’s nothing going on behind the scene, the media has turned this into a spectacle. If Herman is back next year, we are as fucked as we’ve ever been. Nothing to sell to recruits or fans.  No money being made.  

-Palace of Degenerates has to become the motto. 

Very true. If CUM ends up becoming Longhorn Saban 2.0, no need for guys to deepthroat their glocks.  Herman will be gone either way. 

14 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

this smells of herman telling the kids he's done, bad mouthing the program and encouraging any player whose favor he might have to leave. he's a parasite and doesn't deserve to be employed another day.  cut him loose and let Ash coach. CDC this is a litmus test, are you up for this job.  If so, then make the tough decision regardless of where talks are with UM and fire this piece of garbage

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Texans7:

Sorry guys. Long day.

Like I said 2 days ago. Family and wife were a issue. Like I said a day ago they are on board.

News cycle is 24hr or later behind on what’s real

That thread is paywalled after 15 pages, so someone will have to watch it from now on.

48 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Assuming it’s Sunday, I will probably go trail running for about four hours first so I don’t feel as guilty eating it but if the reason I’m eating Type 2 diabetes on a bun is we have Urban F. Meyer as our coach, I will be perfectly fine. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1984/07/29/the-jim-fixx-neurosis-running-yourself-to-death/681bd977-8295-4d4a-802c-bbfd54684be5/

5 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

this smells of herman telling the kids he's done, bad mouthing the program and encouraging any player whose favor he might have to leave.

Or it could have something to do with the fact he's a junior in the midst of getting beaten out by a freshman.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Still highly vague. Interpretation?

My guess is that they heard from a family member or close friend that Urban is worried about health/Shelley or daughters not on board/Fox will give him more money etc. Which, to my understanding, was all true at some point or another. But, we’ve seen that this has trended positively for Texas and Texans7 on 247 has been spot on so far until the “verbal commitment” comment. His latest schtick is that everything is good, but that most reporters etc are 1-2 days behind on the news cycle. If that’s the case, makes perfect sense that Kirk/OSU people are hearing negative stuff because that’s also what we were hearing 1-2 days ago from the Texas side. 

This is my 2 cents of what’s going on - so take with that in mind.

The few UT BMDs I know in the NYC finance crowd have been really tight lipped about everything (and I’m very young in comparison so they probably are not too keen on sharing with some rando alum fresh out of school). The one that I do know well (lady who is in upper management at the hedge fund I work at) has only said that “things are trending a lot better” but nothing on a “verbal commitment”.

Edited by Octavian
Restructured to better convey what I was trying to say
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

That thread is paywalled after 15 pages, so someone will have to watch it from now on.

Probably paywalled it because random dudes were coming in with more info than Chip.  Some dude called out Chip for it, so they prob ain’t too happy. 

Edited by LarryMoeSurly

25 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Columbus is a pretty fun city. The degenerates make it sound way worse than it is. Good eats all over that place.   

Guess you could be right. Last time I was there, I was too busy dodging unopened Budweiser cans to notice.

• Hook 'Em 1

My guess is that they heard from a family member or close friend that Urban is worried about health/Shelley or daughters not on board/Fox will give him more money etc. Which, to my understanding, was all true at some point or another. But, we’ve seen that this has trended positively for Texas and Texans7 on 247 has been spot on so far until the “verbal commitment” comment. His latest schtick is that everything is good, but that most reporters etc are 1-2 days behind on the news cycle. If that’s the case, makes perfect sense that Kirk/OSU people are hearing negative stuff because that’s also what we were hearing 1-2 days ago from the Texas side. 

This is my 2 cents of what’s going on - so take with that in mind.
The few UT BMDs I know in the NYC finance crowd have been really tight lipped about everything (and I’m very young in comparison so they probably are not too keen on sharing with some rando alum fresh out of school). The one that I do know well (lady who is in upper management at the hedge fund I work at) has only said that “things are trending a lot better” but nothing on a “verbal commitment”.

Sorry but Fox is not going to pay him $12M/year for what he’s doing. Not a fucking chance.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You are right that most of them do drink hard, for a lot of the reasons that you mentioned. So, when amongst that circle people talk about "so and so" having a problem with the bottle you can bet that it's real and full blown ugly.

My suspicion is that Saban is sitting on him, as have other head coaches and that keeps him somewhat in check/functional, but when he has a chance to do it himself without any full time baby sitter it's just not going to happen.  

I remember back in' 77 I was working as a security guard helping pay for college.  One of the most disappointing assignments I had was working a THSCA conference in San Antonio.  Other than Grant Taeff (featured speaker), I have never, and I mean never seen so many trashed people in one place in my life.

All of these coaches and speakers who were held in such high esteem were the most embarrassing, stupid bunch of son of a bitches you could imagine. They were all totally wasted by 7:30-8:00pm. This thing ran until 11:00pm.  Falling down, puking, arguing and fighting.  It was beyond ridiculous.  Not to mention very disappointing.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

They paywalled it because random dudes were coming in with more info than Chip.  Some dude called out Chip for it, so they prob ain’t too happy. 

The only post I have there is throwing shade at fcb for knowing jackshit

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Guess you could be right. Last time I was there, I was too busy dodging unopened Budweiser cans to notice.

the degenerate football crowd is not really representative of the city. I've been there a number of times.  There are some really nice parts and they have an upscale 6th street near the stadium. Germantown is very nice. But the weather sucks as in the winter. 

14 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

this smells of herman telling the kids he's done, bad mouthing the program and encouraging any player whose favor he might have to leave. he's a parasite and doesn't deserve to be employed another day.  cut him loose and let Ash coach. CDC this is a litmus test, are you up for this job.  If so, then make the tough decision regardless of where talks are with UM and fire this piece of garbage

I wouldn't overreact yet to this opt out.  Not sure Ingram needs to play anymore in 2020 due to injuries and he might just be sick of the Covid team requirements and doubts this coaching staff will be returning for 2021.

Also if he leaves, it opens up another roster spot which might be ok too.

14 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Leslie Wexner off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

https://nothingbuthouse.com/25-expensive-homes-columbus-ohio/

Wexner - L Brands
Charlie Shin - Sandwich franchises
Jay Schottenstein - Family wealth at around $2b
Hinson Family - helped Wexner start L
Weiss Family - CEO of Express (another L brand)

It's not all poors there.  

At #17:
Roger Blackwell
Another new entry to the list! Roger Blackwell is a marketing expert, author and public speaker who has worked with the likes of Les Wexner and Jack Welch. Mr. Blackwell was formerly a marketing professor at Ohio State University before being sentenced to 6 years in federal prison for his role in the Worthington Food insider trading scandal. He was released from prison in 2014.

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Follow up from Kirk - not sure how big of a raise it would have to be but if it was $8-$10M I could see why he'd stay:

https://imgur.com/a/j49lB9V

If this HC search goes the way the David Pierce search went (I know Perrin was AD for that shitshow), all football HCs with skins on the wall will get substantial raises, and we'll get a shit-sandwich.

And BTW, FIRE DAVID PIERCE AFTER YOU FIRE TOM HERMAN!

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic