Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Potential significance of the plane currently going Vegas to Palm Springs was explained in my last post, but short of it is Chip Brown and others reported this morning that Urban was in Vegas today. Eric Nahlin reported today that there was an unnamed "key figure" helping UT in its push for Urban, which @closetojumping confirmed was referring to Phil Knight, Nike founder. CTJ expanded by saying "Knight and Meyer are friends and UM seeks his counsel." Phil Knight's home is off of a renowned golf course in La Quinta, 8 miles from the Palm Springs airport is flying into. The plane also previously made stops in Columbus, OH, HOU and DAL.

Summed up, significance/theory is the plane has prior to Vegas was in some way involved in the Urban pursuit. In line with the timelines and locations of the intel mentioned above, it picked up Urban in Vegas and he is going to meet with Phil Knight in La Quinta. From there, my speculation would be it goes on to LA/Fox studios. 

Just to be pedantic, udd isn't close to palm springs nor is LQ. Udd is in Bermuda dunes. 25 miles south of palm springs. I dont know shit and have no inside sources but a good friend's dad is tight with knight. They have dinner weekly in LQ. I'll see what I can find out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.b28fac477967d648ba5a837d8cb774ad.png

A competent coach can turn a program around in two or three seasons. It's repeatable. Meyer has done it in year one. Another thing Matt Rhule, Urban Meyer and Jimmy johnson all have in common besides kickin' ass is degrees in psychology. Jimmy has attributed much of his success to this. I think Urban coaching the Horns may not be in the cards, and everyone else is a distant 2nd, but I kind of like that Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell, he's putting together a solid record and if nothing else seems like a genuine guy. That woud be so refreshing after four years of this peckerhead.

Edited by Loather
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, troph said:

so seriously is this the current status:

former coach of Urban's who gets in trouble says he's not coming.

Squid says he's coming.

Flightaware has undeniable circumstantial evidence that appears positive.

any other tidbits?

aggy troll claims his boyfriend is CDC's secretary and says it's not happening. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

Just because yall have blind faith that we're getting a guy that we have little to no chance of getting doesnt make me a troll it makes me the most sane person on this site

Being The most sane person on this site is like being the best looking chick in West Virginia. You are the only one that cares and it’s not that impressive to anyone really.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

theyre not gonna know who he is because i said he was a secretary thats the most broad description in the world

I think you mean "that's the description of most broads in the world"

also your friend sounds a little light in the loafers

I'm convinced this is in the bag. If it falls apart, then it really looks bad for CDC as a rainmaker. He has to know that everything gets out. In today's world there are virtually no secrets. This had to be put to bed weeks ago between Urban's agent and UT.  I would make certain that he was in and that he had kicked all the necessary tires before doing anything that would officially connect him to UT.  I can see Urban's biggest hurdle is pulling together a staff. MNC's are the result of just the head coach.  He knows the importance of key individuals and their rolls in creating a winning culture.  I'd tell him once the financial terms had been agreed upon and the other facility type stuff, to make his calls and call me and let me know if he's in 100% in.  When he calls and says "I'm ready", I would ask how did things go with your staff recruitment. Are you 100% certain you want to proceed even if any of these guys pull out at the last minute.  If and only if he says yes, then I'd schedule a meeting and give him his contract.  Any less than that is negligent on CDC's part

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Didn’t seem like anyone important was on that flight that landed at Bergstrom. No one recognizably important anyway. 

Assuming you're not full of shit, can you please give us a bit more detail? How many people, general descriptions? Perhaps among the passengers there were at least four women, three relatively young and one older, and one college-aged guy?

The theory has turned to that flight being the family & friends gang, so the fact they wouldn't be recognizable to the average Joe isn't shocking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

A competent coach can turn a program around in two or three seasons. It's repeatable. Meyer has done it in year one. Another thing Matt Rhule, Urban Meyer and Jimmy johnson all have in common besides kickin' ass is degrees in psychology. Jimmy has attributed much of his success to this. I think Urban coaching the Horns may not be in the cards, and everyone else is a distant 2nd, but I kind of like that Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell, he's putting together a solid record and if nothing else seems like a genuine guy. That woud be so refreshing after four years of this peckerhead.

Fuck that, I want the orange railgun.

Is Urban Meyer looking at a return to the sidelines? According to one report, he has met with leadership at one university about a potential job.

Tom Herman, a former Ohio State assistant under Meyer, is still the head coach of the Texas Longhorns. However, that has not prevented some of Texas’ top leadership from meeting with a potential replacement to Herman.

According to John Brice of Football Scoop, both University of Texas president Jay Hartzell and athletics director Chris Del Conte flew to meet with Urban Meyer. According to Brice, Meyer spent time in Los Angeles and Napa Valley this week after his weekend work as a FOX college football analyst.

Brice went on to quote a source with direct knowledge of the situation as saying Texas is “doing everything they can do to convince him” to take the job.

The report by Brice went on to say that Meyer’s “core four” group of staff members remains in Columbus at Ohio State, and that group may not be looking to leave Ryan Day’s staff for Texas.

Sources tell FootballScoop not all would be inclined to leave OSU should Urban take another job. Sources tell FootballScoop Urban has sought input from those he trusts as to whom he could build that next “core four” from if needed.

Meyer last coached for Ohio State in 2018 and has mainly worked as an analyst for FOX since then. This will definitely be an interesting story to monitor moving forward.

Fuck that, I want the orange railgun.

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I'm convinced this is in the bag. If it falls apart, then it really looks bad for CDC as a rainmaker. He has to know that everything gets out. In today's world there are virtually no secrets. This had to be put to bed weeks ago between Urban's agent and UT.  I would make certain that he was in and that he had kicked all the necessary tires before doing anything that would officially connect him to UT.  I can see Urban's biggest hurdle is pulling together a staff. MNC's are the result of just the head coach.  He knows the importance of key individuals and their rolls in creating a winning culture.  I'd tell him once the financial terms had been agreed upon and the other facility type stuff, to make his calls and call me and let me know if he's in 100% in.  When he calls and says "I'm ready", I would ask how did things go with your staff recruitment. Are you 100% certain you want to proceed even if any of these guys pull out at the last minute.  If and only if he says yes, then I'd schedule a meeting and give him his contract.  Any less than that is negligent on CDC's part

I'm not as convinced as you but I stated my thinking above.  the lack of higher quality "no" leaks and the momentum of mainstream picking the story up is leading me to think it's a yes.  plan B would be leaking all over the place if he was a no.  I think it's more likely than not it's done and the waiting period until after KSU is too effing silent for everyone's comfort.  but think about it, if it's done, what else is there to do?  nothing but wait.  If he said no, it's full gear plan B.  that shit gets leaked no way it stays this quiet if it's a no.  maybe it's still a maybe but that seems kinda odd too.  He's going on a week plus a few months of knowing about this possibility.  he's not an indecisive man.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Potential significance of the plane currently going Vegas to Palm Springs was explained in my last post, but short of it is Chip Brown and others reported this morning that Urban was in Vegas today. Eric Nahlin reported today that there was an unnamed "key figure" helping UT in its push for Urban, which @closetojumping confirmed was referring to Phil Knight, Nike founder. CTJ expanded by saying "Knight and Meyer are friends and UM seeks his counsel." Phil Knight's home is off of a renowned golf course in La Quinta, 8 miles from the Palm Springs airport is flying into. The plane also previously made stops in Columbus, OH, HOU and DAL.

Summed up, significance/theory is the plane has prior to Vegas was in some way involved in the Urban pursuit. In line with the timelines and locations of the intel mentioned above, it picked up Urban in Vegas and he is going to meet with Phil Knight in La Quinta. From there, my speculation would be it goes on to LA/Fox studios. 

image.jpeg.aa317e62b7cfee8c06bf61ade276236d.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PSmitty said:

It’s my 9/80 day off tomorrow. I will hide in the bushes at bergstrom or horseshoe bay in full camo. I have plenty of McRibs and leftover thanksgiving raviolis to make it until Monday.

You trying to catch Kendra Scott’s ex-husband in a gay 3-some with Drew and Johnathan?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

thank you new interloper

tweet not showing

saturday tradition 77k followers

++++

Saturday Tradition

@Tradition

·

7m

Report: Power 5 AD, president meet with Urban Meyer regarding coaching job

Report: Power 5 AD, president meet with Urban Meyer regarding coaching job

how do I embed tweets?!?!

18 minutes ago, troph said:

mainstream media reporting facts we figured out a few days ago.  that's probably the only concrete info if you wanted just one sentence on this.  I've been asking these questions the last hour and if you go back to my posts/responses to them you'll see it boiled down.  yes some twitter stuff, flightaware appears to still have very strong circumstantial evidence of a yes, but no nothing definitive.  if he's a yes we will likely stay in a holding pattern until KSU is past us.

We'll know when we know.  It's fun to watch it unfold, but it wouldn't be as much fun if it happened in the precise manner in which we predicted or sleuthed it would

After we underperformed just before the second USC game of Herman's tenure (after losing to Maryland for the second time), I adopted the "we'll see" mantra from the Zen Master and the Little Boy speech.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2cjVhUrmII&ab_channel=dorune

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm not as convinced as you but I stated my thinking above.  the lack of higher quality "no" leaks and the momentum of mainstream picking the story up is leading me to think it's a yes.  plan B would be leaking all over the place if he was a no.  I think it's more likely than not it's done and the waiting period until after KSU is too effing silent for everyone's comfort.  but think about it, if it's done, what else is there to do?  nothing but wait.  If he said no, it's full gear plan B.  that shit gets leaked no way it stays this quiet if it's a no.  maybe it's still a maybe but that seems kinda odd too.  He's going on a week plus a few months of knowing about this possibility.  he's not an indecisive man.
This is where I am at.

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Don't they have to ask to use his likeness? time for @immamac to hit the payday.

Surly is gonna get a year supply of McRibs, Mayo and whatever the fuck else is happening on this thread. We may be degenerates but we can be useful. Maybe score some more advertising for the site. God knows we have lurkers like I haven’t seen. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic