Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope that CDC is a great deal maker.  BUT If it doesn't work out, there may have been some purposeful leaks by Urban's agent in an effort to get a pay raise at FOX.  

IF CDC knows what he's doing, and for that matter Urban isn't Herman, he's been around the block himself, then the deal is done before the "leak" stage.  All the shit this week is after the fact if the parties involved have a clue what they're doing. You never speak directly to Urban until it is done. everything i has been dotted and t crossed and negotiated with his agent. Any leaks before that and the deal is off and that has to be made crystal clear from the onset.  when you're dealing with $100 million deals people are motivated not to fuck up. you can keep all sorts of shit from your wife for a month for that kind of money, trust me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

For reasons that I have explained. The fact that the entire world knows we are in discussions with Urban should only happen after he has 100% assurance from Urban that he's on board.  All the financial negotiations can be completed thru Urban's agent and UT. The facility stuff too.  The agent can also relay any concerns.  Health is not an issue or nothing would ever get off the ground.  The only real remaining issue is Urban's coaching staff and the key members he needs. He should be told make some calls and get back to us with a binding answer.  Only then should CDC do anything that publicly links Urban to UT such as the meeting everyone knows about this week and that should only be to toast the deal and give him the final draft of the agreement that had already been negotiated with his agent.

Well since you're just alphahorn I'll have to take what you say with a grain of salt. Now if you were the alphahorn and the omegahorn I may take it as gospel.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 936horn said:

Lol that jackass saying Urbs turned down 80mm+ because he just loves tOSU. If anyone was previously worried about this moron, here's your proof hes full of shit.

Yeah unclear why we’re even taking the effort to check in on this dude’s bullshit. Also he’s “texting with him now.” Like Urban has time for every slap dick GA that was ever on one of his staffs whenever they want to catch up to get some content for their shitty blog.

• Hook 'Em 5

For reasons that I have explained. The fact that the entire world knows we are in discussions with Urban should only happen after he has 100% assurance from Urban that he's on board.  All the financial negotiations can be completed thru Urban's agent and UT. The facility stuff too.  The agent can also relay any concerns.  Health is not an issue or nothing would ever get off the ground.  The only real remaining issue is Urban's coaching staff and the key members he needs. He should be told make some calls and get back to us with a binding answer.  Only then should CDC do anything that publicly links Urban to UT such as the meeting everyone knows about this week and that should only be to toast the deal and give him the final draft of the agreement that had already been negotiated with his agent.
I don't disagree with you, but you are describing an ideal case scenario. This being Texas, multiple BMDs are probably involved in Herman's buyout and Urban's contract negotiations. And because these BMDs talk to each other and their pet 9.95ers, word would eventually get out.

The fact that nobody really knows anything publicly tells me that everyone is finally rowing in the same direction. Therefore, all things considered, so far, CDC has dome a masterful job,IMHO.

Just now, ChemicalHorn said:

Yeah unclear why we’re even taking the effort to check in on this dude’s bullshit. Also he’s “texting with him now.” Like Urban has time for every slap dick GA that was ever on one of his staffs whenever they want to catch up to get some content for their shitty blog.

Texts:

OSU dipshit: How you doin', coach?

<several hours later>

Meyer: Good.

The end.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

IF CDC knows what he's doing, and for that matter Urban isn't Herman, he's been around the block himself, then the deal is done before the "leak" stage.  All the shit this week is after the fact if the parties involved have a clue what they're doing. You never speak directly to Urban until it is done. everything i has been dotted and t crossed and negotiated with his agent. Any leaks before that and the deal is off and that has to be made crystal clear from the onset.  when you're dealing with $100 million deals people are motivated not to fuck up. you can keep all sorts of shit from your wife for a month for that kind of money, trust me.

Exactly. curtains pic was just Urbs picking out his offseason lakehouse on HSB.  the wonderful casita can wait until later.

Edited by dcar00

1 minute ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

I dotn disagree with you, but you are describing an ideal case scenario. Thus being Texas, multiple BMDs are probably involved in Herman's buyout and Urban's contract negotiations. And because these BMDs talk to each other and their pet 9.95ers, word would eventually get out.

The fact that nobody really knows anything publicly tells me that everyone is finally rowung in the same direction. Therefore, all things considered, so far, CDC has dome a masterful job,IMHO.

As I said in an earlier post, I am giving CDC the benefit of the doubt and assuming the same that he pulled it off.  The Herman shit once again is this week stuff that only matters after the deal with Urban is DONE. at that point a few leaks don't matter.  any leaks before a consummated deal with Urban are a fail.  So, to summarize again. I believe the deal is done. I believe CDC pulled it off and I'm giving him huge credit. However, if it falls apart at this point, then I'm for firing CDC.

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread is like Vizzini in his last few moments.

Except instead of a Sicilian, it's a bunch of drunk Texans, and instead of wine and cheese, it's bourbon and/or JD and McRib, with or without mayo.

"They were both unsigned. I've spent the last few years building up an immunity to coaching job offers."

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't disagree with you, but you are describing an ideal case scenario. Thus being Texas, multiple BMDs are probably involved in Herman's buyout and Urban's contract negotiations. And because these BMDs talk to each other and their pet 9.95ers, word would eventually get out.

The fact that nobody really knows anything publicly tells me that everyone is finally rowung in the same direction. Therefore, all things considered, so far, CDC has dome a masterful job,IMHO.

How drunk are you exactly?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Saying you’re not ‘aggie’ and spelling aggy like that is like saying you don’t suck cock with a heavy lisp.  There’s nothing wrong with either - it’s just that you’re not fooling anybody.  

No there's definitely something wrong with being an aggy.

• Hook 'Em 5

Funny.  If we step back for a second, (Sips some whiskey) and really think about this.  This may have all been done sometime back.  Back when no one would suspect a thing.  These last few weeks may be the attempt to get Urban’s guys.

We’re probably so late to the game.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Alumnihorn on 247 saying Barton doesn't know shit and that the real decision won't break on Twitter. Sounds about right. Says he's butthurt that he got shut out.

turned obvious eventually...small amount of research and that guy seems like a douchebag/cunt.

8 hours ago, burdine said:

UT has some academic cachet like Northwestern.  We could change his family's financial life without having to be an NFL guy.

If he is good enough for the Packers to consider, we should probably try if we end up in Plan B.

Sure it's not a sexy hire, but we've tried recent success guys like Herman and Strong.  This would be trying something different.

Why the fuck would we hire Pat Fitzgerald? We already had John Mackovic here once. He’s a mediocre coach at best. Are you a Northwestern fan hoping to get rid of him?

Fuck that!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

when you're dealing with $100 million deals people are motivated not to fuck up. you can keep all sorts of shit from your wife for a month for that kind of money, trust me.

Tell us about when you kept that kind of money from your wife and then maybe I’ll trust you 

I gotta take a step back from this thread. I considered calling in COVID this morning and driving 4.5 hrs to horseshoe bay. I pray for the servers, a random trolls poopshoot, and the future of our football program. Insert Pope smoke gif

Edited by PSmitty
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Texts:

<several hours later>

Meyer: Good.

The end.

<several hours later>

Meyer: Who dis

OSU dipshit: It's me, Coach.  Mike!

<several hours later>

Meyer: Who dat

OSU dipshit:  Big Mike.  Mikey!  Heh heh ...

🙊 💩🦗🦗🦗

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Alumnihorn on 247 saying Barton doesn't know shit and that the real decision won't break on Twitter. Sounds about right. Says he's butthurt that he got shut out.

I am really thinking CDC has kept a super tight ship on this and maybe he and just a couple others really know because he doesnt want leaked shit submarining this like the Saban deal.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I am really thinking CDC has kept a super tight ship on this and maybe he and just a couple others really know because he doesnt want leaked shit submarining this like the Saban deal.  

I just don't see how anything getting out would be the reason for torpedoing the deal. If you want to give 84 million dollars to someone, a little media attention and chatter isn't going to prevent that. Other reasons, sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Funny.  If we step back for a second, (Sips some whiskey) and really think about this.  This may have all been done sometime back.  Back when no one would suspect a thing.  These last few weeks may be the attempt to get Urban’s guys.

Which makes sense for him to be in and out of HSB, even in October and who knows how much earlier.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

if CDC is worth his salt, that's exactly what i think took place.  Especially after reading the Florida to Ohio State timeline article just posted above.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I just don't see how anything getting out would be the reason for torpedoing the deal. If you want to give 84 million dollars to someone, a little media attention and chatter isn't going to prevent that. Other reasons, sure. 

You clearly don't know what happened to the Saban deal.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic