Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

So Urban Meyer still hasn’t said “nah.” Tom Herman is still the corch. Mack Brown’s a bitch. You can spell other things with the letters in “Rap Game Larry.” A BBQ chain has good breakfast tacos. I nearly burned myself to deaths grilling these burgers like this on my WSM. aa31538e99456ab7d0a2809810943762.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You above all people here should know how negotiations with a mercurial buyer or seller work. It’s never any one thing, but there is always some combo of things stacking up that can sabotage the deal, and avoiding that is how a deal can wrap. 

I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and grew up in a predominantly hispanic neighborhood. But hey, you can work with whatever image you’d like in order to make yourself feel better regarding about how I or anyone else pronounce shit. 

That considered, the premise that calling people here who disagree with you about kolaches a bunch of know-nothing yankees is so tedious that it isn’t even worth rebutting. 

BBQ is another one that a lot of you dipshits revel in getting pompous over, while you simultaneously want to claim how down home and folksy you are. Franklins is great, sure. So is Pinkerton’s in Houston. They’re also great with the BBQ sauce they offer. Gasp!! Yep. Get over yourself. The worst BBQ I ever had was so good I couldn’t stand it, but whatever.

Also, Bill Miller makes great fucking breakfast tacos. But feel free to now expound upon how there is only like one great breakfast taco place and it’s the one that you like. It feels inevitable. 

Pinkerton's has a great bar, but the BBQ is the opposite of great.

• Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Born and raised in Texas.  Spent four of the best years of my life on the 40.  Having lived significant portions of my life in both states, I’ll say this... Texas could use a little more California and California could use a little more Texas.  

I’m sure you’re a good guy, but fuck California. 

• Hook 'Em 7

36 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I grew up in the land of kolaches.  All of you are wrong.  Kolaches have a fruit filling, anything with meat is a pig in the blanket.  Fight me.

I made my mom cry once when I said “These aren’t pigs in a blanket, they’re cabbage rolls.”

she still calls them piggies

SIAP...

Urban Meyer made some interesting comments on his future

Patrick Conn  3 hrs ago

The Texas Longhorns were in pursuit of bringing Urban Meyer to the Forty Acres until a report earlier this week stated he wouldn’t return to coaching. This left some fans disappointed with the idea that they missed out on another top coach after a failed attempt to get Nick Saban several years back.

Meyer joined the Herd with Colin Cowherd and discussed a multitude of topics including the Big Ten Conference and who will play for the title game. One of the topics surrounded if Urban will coach again.

“To say I don’t think about it, it’s every day,” Urban stated. “It would have to be the perfect perfect situation. It would have to be something that I was confident the health issues are something I could overcome, at least prevent. So I don’t know, at this point, I think I’m done but I would never say I’m never done. ”

The timing of the interview with Cowherd is interesting. Former Longhorn Brian Jones stated on The Ticket in Dallas, that the Urban to Texas thing isn’t dead and to ‘hold on tight.’

Many have stated that Urban Meyer won’t come to Texas due to the health issues but Meyer has yet to say it publically. Could there be some semblance of hope for him to Texas, probably not. However, 11 days before he took the job at Ohio State, they denied that he would take the job.

It appears the next few weeks could be a wild and rocky ride.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

So Urban Meyer still hasn’t said “nah.” Tom Herman is still the corch. Mack Brown’s a bitch. You can spell other things with the letters in “Rap Game Larry.” A BBQ chain has good breakfast tacos. I nearly burned myself to deaths grilling these burgers like this on my WSM. aa31538e99456ab7d0a2809810943762.jpg

I hope you put some new shoes on your Christmas list. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...

Urban Meyer made some interesting comments on his future

Patrick Conn  3 hrs ago

The Texas Longhorns were in pursuit of bringing Urban Meyer to the Forty Acres until a report earlier this week stated he wouldn’t return to coaching. This left some fans disappointed with the idea that they missed out on another top coach after a failed attempt to get Nick Saban several years back.

Meyer joined the Herd with Colin Cowherd and discussed a multitude of topics including the Big Ten Conference and who will play for the title game. One of the topics surrounded if Urban will coach again.

“To say I don’t think about it, it’s every day,” Urban stated. “It would have to be the perfect perfect situation. It would have to be something that I was confident the health issues are something I could overcome, at least prevent. So I don’t know, at this point, I think I’m done but I would never say I’m never done. ”

The timing of the interview with Cowherd is interesting. Former Longhorn Brian Jones stated on The Ticket in Dallas, that the Urban to Texas thing isn’t dead and to ‘hold on tight.’

Many have stated that Urban Meyer won’t come to Texas due to the health issues but Meyer has yet to say it publically. Could there be some semblance of hope for him to Texas, probably not. However, 11 days before he took the job at Ohio State, they denied that he would take the job.

It appears the next few weeks could be a wild and rocky ride.

Not sure it's a good thing that this is now picking up steam in the media again. I'd honestly prefer the speculation be contained to the degenerate trust tree that is this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Not sure it's a good thing that this is now picking up steam in the media again. I'd honestly prefer the speculation be contained to the degenerate trust tree that is this thread. 

Yes we are in the nest now. Lots of lurkers and eyes on this thread though. 

That was probably too racy! Lol. Deleted. But that was for y’all night shift peeps

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Wait if this Urbs talking to the current players (one of whom is related to our boy HFD) then this is curtains. We’re done here. We cracked the case. Nyt shift strikes again!!!

No way in a million years the players could keep this a secret, but I still want to believe. (Although I know you’re joking)

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, troph said:

He’s a she.  But you’re new here so it’s ok. 

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes we are in the nest now. Lots of lurkers and eyes on this thread though. 

3EBFB031-AED0-41AB-8FF7-2D1DE7AF28C5.gif

love the high waisted bottoms.

And troph has always had good taste in women. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm half Czech and don't like fruit kolaches. Sue me. I'll eat the koblasniks (sausage or meat fully enclosed in the roll) or whatever you call them all day long. They call pigs-in-a-blanket "kolaches" in North Dallas. I call them Highland Park kolaches.

Based on this post alone you should never claim any Czech ever again.

18 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I feel like somebody should make a night's watch GoT gif for the night crew but it wouldn't be right if I did it since I'm not really in the night crew.

Hide contents

That's code for "I'm lazy as shit".

Specking of. I’m also to lazy to do this but I’m surprised someone hasn’t done it already. The hitler in the bunker video where he’s pissed off with English subtitles  would be great right now for Herman’s situation. I think it’s from the German movie “Downfall”. 

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

The nyt time is the ryt time.

A sipper of Jack, a little Doyle Bramhall on the turntable, and doing some research.

research.jpg

Jesus, I used to come back from games with like 2-3 of those koozies stuffed in my pockets back in the glory days (2008-2009). 

Very sexy tumbler btw 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic