Shohei Ohtani

Firemans4Horn

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

People dont understand that while Pete Rose technically never bet AGAINST the Reds, the fact that he would bet for them 9 games out of 10 draws suspicion about the 10th game out of the 10 and the opportunity that gave his debtors to load up

People understand that.  Pete's idiot fanboys don't understand that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Gonna take forever but still can't wait for enough details to come out of this to figure out who is lying so far: Ippei doing seppuku falling on his sword to protect the cash cow, Ohtani being a financial/public relations novice and not realizing paying his buddies illegal gambling debt isn't the best look (or even better Ohtani being a straight gambling addict), Dodgers front office personnel who all must have collectively shit their pants when this story broke and were desperately trying to claw their way back in front of it. Manfraud and MLB waiting till 5:30pm on the first Friday of the NCAA tournament to dump the statement that they were actually gonna "investigate" this...

None of it really adds up yet with the "oh no Ohtani got 4.5 million stolen from him" story that came out after the first story. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Manfraud and MLB waiting till 5:30pm on the first Friday of the NCAA tournament to dump the statement that they were actually gonna "investigate" this...

Manfred’s investigation 

IMG_1529.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Reports say that the interpreter made $300-$500k. Would a bookie really let that kind of guy run up LOSSES of $4.5m (implying that his total action was much more, unless he’s the worst picker of all time)? Seems like, at bare minimum he’d have to really heavily imply that Ohtani was backing him up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Reports say that the interpreter made $300-$500k. Would a bookie really let that kind of guy run up LOSSES of $4.5m (implying that his total action was much more, unless he’s the worst picker of all time)? Seems like, at bare minimum he’d have to really heavily imply that Ohtani was backing him up. 

He would if he thought he could leverage him for inside information later.  

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

What a fucking great gig he had.  Making very good money, catching shrapnel pussy, eating and drinking at the best places on Sho's dime...I'd kill for that gig

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tokamak said:

Of course not. And of course the bookie knew Ohtani was the backstop. The bookie advertised that Ohtani was a client to drum up more business. (Even though Ohtani never placed any bets (allegedly).

On 3/23/2024 at 5:55 PM, Gil Bang said:

What a fucking great gig he had.  Making very good money, catching shrapnel pussy, eating and drinking at the best places on Sho's dime...I'd kill for that gig

Better hurry while the gig is still open.

image.thumb.png.cc6a1c10ecd041101e40e17e7b25f10d.png

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This seems fishy. Considering the story has changed a few times. 

Ohatani was betting. He was the fall guy. And who knew more about his status than the interpreter? The key is what was bet on. european womens field hockey? Well that is not going to attract a big bookie. Injuries in MLB? Yeah, that might.

• Hook 'Em 1

watching his statement right now, and i find all of this extremely hard to believe. how did Ippei get access to Shohei’s accounts? how did shoehei’s accountants not notice that millions and millions of dollars were being withdrawn? no bookmaker would give Ippei credit, he would have to deposit shoehi’s money up front. until shohei explains how Ippei got access to millions and millions of dollars from how account then i simply can’t believe the story they telling right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Manfred and MLB won’t do shit against the Dodgers or Yankees. What they say happened is the least logical and about every other explanation would terrible for them. Their changing stories a couple times makes it even less credible. That was a well crafted denial written by the Dodger lawyers though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Well, it's his money.  If he's blowing it on gambling, so be it.  I certainly dont give a shit.  At this point, I don't feel that betting on baseball hurts the game's integrity any less than the steroids and blatant cheating.

Well, it's his money.  If he's blowing it on gambling, so be it.  I certainly dont give a shit.  At this point, I don't feel that betting on baseball hurts the game's integrity any less than the steroids and blatant cheating.
What if you're betting on your team to lose?

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 minutes ago, freyguy said:

What if you're betting on your team to lose?

Which coincidentally his team did a lot of despite having him and Mike Trout on it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

At this point, I don't feel that betting on baseball hurts the game's integrity any less than the steroids and blatant cheating.

So you think betting on baseball hurts the game’s integrity equal to or more than steroids and blatant cheating?

32 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Look, Craig James denied killing 5 hookers while at SMU, and he still hasn't been convicted of killing 5 hookers while at SMU.  So there's a role model.

Pete Rose in 1988: I've never bet on baseball.

Pete Rose in 1989: Okay I bet on baseball but never on Reds games.

Pete Rose in 2004: Okay I bet on Reds games but only as a manager, never as a player.

Pete Rose in 2015: Okay I bet on Reds games as a player, but only to win, never to lose.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

watching his statement right now, and i find all of this extremely hard to believe. how did Ippei get access to Shohei’s accounts? how did shoehei’s accountants not notice that millions and millions of dollars were being withdrawn? no bookmaker would give Ippei credit, he would have to deposit shoehi’s money up front. until shohei explains how Ippei got access to millions and millions of dollars from how account then i simply can’t believe the story they telling right now.

Yep.

let’s see him give the same statement when deposed after he fully understands the consequences for perjuring oneself.

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

uhhhhh, hmmmm

asians and face recognition 

A US government study suggests facial recognition algorithms are far less accurate at identifying African-American and Asian faces compared to Caucasian faces.