Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm also more familiar with the Southlake campus and didn't realize there was one in North Dallas.  It seems like one of every two people you meet in the Southlake/Colleyville area goes to Gateway.  

Several years ago a girl talked me into going to a Gateway service at their newest satellite campus in North Richland Hills.  The entire sermon was projected onto a screen in the front of the church, being filmed from one of the other campuses.  I couldn't believe people would get dressed up to go watch church on a TV screen in public when you could do that in your gym shorts at home.  Never again.

I once went to a Monday morning meeting where the first two folks in the conference room started with weekend talk. 

Did you go to church yesterday?

Yes. 

At the main location or the one with the live feed?

At that point I tuned out and realized these people were idiots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I once went to a Monday morning meeting where the first two folks in the conference room started with weekend talk. 

Did you go to church yesterday?

Yes. 

At the main location or the one with the live feed?

At that point I tuned out and realized these people were idiots. 

I tuned out for the same reason at “Yes.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sii said:

Wow this is unbelievable

Publicly they are basically saying covid is no big deal anymore and we’re back but to attend his Oklahoma rally you basically have to agree to a hold harmless agreement if get covid. Lots of MAGA idiots won’t even get why they are asking

Wow... (all I can type is wow)... Anyway, there's a bit of history to picking the city of Tulsa on that date.?!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be fair, Southlake is not Dallas.  It's almost entirely contained in Tarrant County, with some in Denton.

It is the DFW MSA, but it rightfully belongs to Fort Worth.  It's north Fort Worth, not even the most expansive definition of North Dallas. 

I imagine Gateway Church derives most of its congregation from ruralish areas surrounding Southlake.  His appearance is probably there because it's quite a haul from Dallas proper, cutting down on the number of protestors.

The location he visited is in Dallas proper.  

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm also more familiar with the Southlake campus and didn't realize there was one in North Dallas.  It seems like one of every two people you meet in the Southlake/Colleyville area goes to Gateway.  

Several years ago a girl talked me into going to a Gateway service at their newest satellite campus in North Richland Hills.  The entire sermon was projected onto a screen in the front of the church, being filmed from one of the other campuses.  I couldn't believe people would get dressed up to go watch church on a TV screen in public when you could do that in your gym shorts at home.  Never again.

I was dragged to one of those in Fort Worth once. Was called the Porch or the Patio or something. The amount of hot pussy there was unbelievable. But everything else about it was horrible. Was basically an hour of singing Christian rock and holding up of hands. 

51 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I was dragged to one of those in Fort Worth once. Was called the Porch or the Patio or something. The amount of hot pussy there was unbelievable. But everything else about it was horrible. Was basically an hour of singing Christian rock and holding up of hands. 

Yeah, what is it with Fort Worth?  They produce the hottest girls on earth and always have!  I don't get it.  Must be the water.

has this been mentioned yet?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/06/11/clash-over-renaming-army-bases-could-delay-troops-pay-raise-senator-warns.html

A showdown over whether to rename 10 Army bases honoring Confederate leaders could leave the next defense policy bill, which includes a 3% pay bump for troops, facing the president's veto stamp.

The Republican-led Senate Armed Services Committee on Wednesday voted to adopt an amendment in the 2021 National Defense Authorization Act that would require the Defense Department to strip the names of Confederate generals from bases and other military assets over the next three years.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said his administration will "not even consider" the move, something an Army veteran in Congress is slamming since vetoing the bill could also leave troops' expected pay raise in flux.

It’s amazing how tone death they are. For a campaign that always loved polls they aren’t even paying attention to those either

They know they aren’t getting the black vote. They don’t care. It’s why they’ve doubled down on the white supremacist vote. They know what they’re doing. At least Miller does.
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Well, they/he fucked over Dallas on the tornado that rampaged through the city back in October.  FEMA said no disaster declaration even after Cornyn got on his knees.

I saw that too.  What the hell good is it to have an ass kissing senator and yes man governor if they can’t actually help when you need it..   Business were destroyed, TJ High School is completely fucked, that neighborhood was ravaged, yet they’re not going to get assistance.

I saw that too.  What the hell good is it to have an ass kissing senator and yes man governor if they can’t actually help when you need it..   Business were destroyed, TJ High School is completely fucked, that neighborhood was ravaged, yet they’re not going to get assistance.

No damn good.

38 minutes ago, Sii said:

It’s amazing how tone death they are. For a campaign that always loved polls they aren’t even paying attention to those either

This isn’t being ‘tone deaf’, Stephen Miller is a vile piece of shit. He knows exactly what he’s doing and private bone spurs is his puppet 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Another Stephen Miller special:

In fairness to the Trump campaign, its probably pretty easy to find some racist atrocity on most dates in a lot of big towns.  We have a lot more history with racist shit being legal/supported than we do without.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DigDug said:

Gateway Church is in north Dallas off of Hillcrest

I stand corrected.  Their main campus apparently is in Southlake.  I went and looked at their site and whatever I saw mentioned non-metroplex locations, like "Table Church" in Austin, and a campus in JHole 🙄 , but not the various D-FW campuses.

I don't really think HP and Preston Hollow are Trump strongholds anymore.  You saw an awful lot of Beto signs last go-round, but the Trumpers may be stealthy,

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

You see, in real estate...you have some buildings that cost more money than others.  And you have some buildings that cost less money than others.  But to be able to spot the difference, you have to really be an expert in real estate.  Or understand how numbers and commas work.  A lot of people are saying that a building that costs $1,000,000 costs more than a building that costs $700,000.  That's what they're saying anyway.  They're also saying you can have things cost more even if you end up making them cost less.  

Nothing about that slurred verbal clamoring to nowhere surprised me except the weird mass laughter moment.  The line wasn't funny, but even if you're a sycophant...it is strange how they all laughed together...on queue...at the same volume/tone.  You don't see that much in political/business speeches.  

Here, for example, is a very expensive building that looks a lot worse than a lot of not very expensive buildings.

trump-7e69281e-b9bb-47d0-a03b-2376efd059

Politics, and the interior decorating stylings of a recently-dumped Liberace, aside.....who the fuck holds their hands like that for a family photograph?  Or any photogrAph?  

11 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Well, they/he fucked over Dallas on the tornado that rampaged through the city back in October.  FEMA said no disaster declaration even after Cornyn got on his knees.

Particularly harsh too when word comes down as President Dum Dum is in town, right down the street from the damage, making jokes about money he gave Texas for relief.  Sorry bastard

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This seems to be the distillation of the Republican Party platform that Trump seems to be looking to present to his base:  

1eylja.jpg  

Of course, the real platform is this:

tenor.gif

• Like 4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/11/trumps-most-loyal-media-ally-promised-pro-trump-poll-it-didnt-deliver-and-then-pulled-its-story/

CNN’s release of a poll this week showing President Trump trailing former vice president Joe Biden by 14 points nationally clearly rattled the president and his reelection campaign. In short order, Trump tweeted out a memo making various allegations about how and why CNN conducted the poll, each assertion ludicrous and easily debunked. On Wednesday, the campaign escalated its efforts to portray CNN’s poll as unfair, demanding that CNN retract the poll and issue an apology.

CNN’s attorneys, with complete and understandable justification, declined to do so.

The network is one of Trump’s most frequent targets for criticism. He has repeatedly bashed CNN’s reporting and on-air talent, disparaging the network as hopelessly biased against him. Trump’s taste in television coverage runs more along the lines of Fox News’s Sean Hannity, a fervent supporter of the president, and, in recent months, One America News.

OAN is a small network, clearly seeking to make its name in part by promising endlessly obsequious coverage of the president. The network has often explicitly asked Trump to watch it instead of Fox, as chief executive Robert Herring didWednesday.

Trump does watch. It was an OAN report about the protester in Buffalo who was injured by police that prompted Trump to speculate wildly that the elderly man who suffered a head injury had faked his fall in service to a murky network of left-wing anarchists.

Herring defended that report Thursday, writing on Twitter that his network had “put out our facts” on the incident, while the mainstream media hadn’t done so. There is no evidence for the claims made in the report, though OAN reporter Kristian Rouz did certainly offer up some allegations.

That tweet was followed up with another attempt to goad the mainstream media.

Herring had on Wednesday pledged an upcoming poll, as the Trump campaign’s feud with CNN over its national poll was heating up. He promised that OAN would be “releasing a poll concerning the 2020 presidential race” that “looks as though it will be in favor of” the president.

Early Thursday afternoon, the poll came out. Conducted by Gravis Marketing, a pollster that earns a C in FiveThirtyEight’s ranking of pollsters, it was focused solely on Florida.

Spoiler

It had Trump and Biden tied in the must-win state for Trump, a state Trump won narrowly four years ago.

OAN produced a video segment on the poll, again featuring Rouz, which appeared on its website. Soon after it was published, though, the report was pulled. A tweet from Herring that apparently announced the results was also deleted.

Both the page and the video report were captured, however. The image above comes from Google’s cache; the report can be seen on YouTube thanks to writer Arieh Kovler.

The poll itself and Rouz’s report on the poll immediately raise red flags in a variety of ways.

For example, it shows a 50-50 tie between Biden and Trump. Polls don’t normally result in perfect 50-50 ties, unless respondents are forced to choose between the two candidates. That appears to be what happened in this case, as Kovler notes; at another point in Rouz’s report, he reveals that Trump leads Biden 53 percent to 47 percent among undecided voters.

What does that mean? It means that Biden necessarily leads among voters who have made up their minds. Imagine that half of voters say they’re undecided. To get a 50-50 result overall, Biden would need to lead Trump 53 to 47 among decided voters if Trump led by the same margin among undecideds.

Rouz didn’t mention that detail.

Lots of bad news for Trump is glossed over in the same way. Trump is presented as having an edge over Biden on handling the economy. But this point, one central to Trump’s reelection bid, downplays that Trump is under 50 percent among respondents and leads Biden by only four points, basically a tie.

Many of the other data points that Rouz highlights are based on leading questions (“Is activating the national guard an effective way to prevent further rioting?”) or are presented by Rouz in ludicrously loaded language.

At one point, he shows the results of a question about where blame lies for violence that emerged following protests throughout the country.

“The OAN/Gravis poll reveals 43 percent of Floridians blame far-left protesters for the latest violence and looting,” he said, “while only 36 percent blame the police.”

First, Rouz’s presentation of the question doesn’t match what’s shown on the screen, nor did the response options. (The question asked only about “protesters,” not “far-left protesters.”) Second, and more important, a seven-point difference is hardly anything definitive, given that the difference is probably not statistically significant, depending on the margin of error of the poll.

Or it’s like when Rouz claimed that “at least 50 percent of Floridians would vote to reelect their president if the election were held this week” — an impressive use of “at least” and an equally impressive effort to ignore that the same thing could be said about Biden. And Rouz’s framing works only if you assume those undecided voters actually vote for Trump at the margin they indicated they would.

The OAN report tries to suggest that this result is somehow a repudiation of CNN’s poll. It isn’t, for a variety of reasons. The most obvious, of course, is that the CNN poll was national and the OAN poll conducted only in Florida. Florida polling from other outlets shows Biden with a narrow lead in the state of about three points on average.

Meaning that if, say, a third of respondents in OAN’s poll said they were undecided, Biden could be leading Trump 52 to 48 among voters who have made up their minds. That puts the OAN/Gravis poll very much in line with other polling in the state.

That Rouz is so sloppy and presents the findings so dishonestly should not be a surprise. He has another report that was published by OAN on Thursday. It is a buffet of allegations that would resonate with Trump: The “deep state” is working with Democrats to produce polls making Republican voters demoralized. It’s lifting up one of the dumber points of contention Trump’s team raised in its criticism of the CNN poll but somehow manages to do so in an even more ridiculous way.

This entire polling effort by OAN is a remarkable, if unintentional, window into how the network works. Its chief executive trumpets a poll that he promises is likely to show Trump doing well. His on-air reporter gins up a thoroughly misleading presentation of results that are far from great for the president. For some reason — but probably exactly that reason — the story and the report get deep-sixed.

After all, Trump’s not going to want to watch that. We don’t want him switching over to Fox, now, do we?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Sweet lord....can you imagine a Donald Trump-drafted party platform?  I mean, that's what we're going to get - there is no party but for Trump, so whatever he says the platform is, that's what it will be.

The platform may just be a series of tweets, with lots of exclamation points.  I truly have no idea.  But I do know this...

tumblr_m5czl7txaj1qhat7v.gif