Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

The crazy thing is that it's his administration's job to get it right, to safeguard the elections, to ensure that the elections are fair.  Saying that the elections aren't going to be fair when it's his administration that has been in power for four years is like say "we have failed in our responsibility to do what every other adminstration before us has managed to do.  Vote for us again."

It’d almost be a like a college football coach who says missed tackles is an epidemic when his own team misses the most tackles.

15 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

I would love to live one day with so little self-consciousness/self-awareness that I am capable of doing something as dumb as making that MAGA rap video just to see what it feels like. 

Yet there’s some fatass trumpkin somewhere in Conroe, north Richland hills or Keller who thinks that video is fucking awesome.

11 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

ok, that is up there with Trophy Nissan as the worst white people rap song ever.

I blame the '85 Chicago Bears. They made white people think it was cool for them to rap.

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yet there’s some fatass trumpkin somewhere in Conroe, north Richland hills or Keller who thinks that video is fucking awesome.

Right, but she had to conceive of that, write it, think "Hey, this is straight fire!" and commit it to tape.  That takes a next level lack of self-awareness.  

As an aside does it seem like an outsized percentage of conservative dumbassery like this get shot in a car?  

Edited by Continental Op
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I would be in the same boat except some of those leopards ate my face people are my family, that I'd be on the hook for supporting, with the retirement money I've been saving assuming they'd figure out a way to pull the SS rug out from under my generation before we could actually use it.  No thanks.  I don't want to spend my retirement on my family.

Be an agent of karma and show them the same empathy that they've shown to refugees and minorities.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I blame the '85 Chicago Bears. They made white people think it was cool for them to rap.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

ok, that is up there with Trophy Nissan as the worst white people rap song ever.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

In fairness to Trophy Nissan and the Bears, a lot of rap was pretty corny pre-NWA.

22 hours ago, elfenix said:

means testing is the camel's nose to eliminating it. 

from 1950 to 1990 the FICA rate increased 22 times.  those last few times were when it was generating huge surpluses, and the rate probably should have been reduced then, but that's another conversation.  anyway, it hasn't budged in 30 years.  we've got people in their 50s who've never seen it move, so they've been trained that the rate is fixed, even though it's not. 

to come back to social security, there's two things going on that have reduced the portion of income subject to the tax.  first, there's rising wage/salary income inequality:

Since 1982, the Social Security taxable earnings base has risen at the same rate as average wages in the economy. Because the cap is indexed to the average growth in wages, the share of the population below the cap has remained relatively stable at roughly 94%. However, due to increasing earnings inequality, the percentage of aggregate covered earnings that is taxable has decreased from 90% in 1982 to 83% in 2017.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32896.pdf

eliminate the cap but applying benefit credit has the trust fund running out in 2058, while not applying benefit credit has it running out in 2065.

on top of that, the economy has been paying out less and less in wages over the course of the last 50 years:

firefox_2020-08-26_14-35-02.thumb.png.7eab6fdc7579d31df8c675dce694a0ce.png

As someone within SS range, I say keep your fucking mitts off it and keep the tax in place. My Grandfather paid it, My Father paid it, I paid it, you pay it too. It's your job to make sure the politicians don't rob you of your SSI. You think private investment is a better option? 2008 says hai.

You know in Trump's narcissistic mind that all China and Russia want is to deal with him personally.  They don't have any interest in America politically.   It's all about him and his hotels, his crappy merchandise, etc.

He can't see how they are distracting him with peeing hookers and trademarks for Ivanka while they do all this subterfuge shit right under his nose.   

We are at the point where our election outcome could be determined by two other superpowers, because this moron was wanting to build a hotel somewhere.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

We are at the point where our election outcome could be determined by two other superpowers, because this moron was wanting to build a hotel somewhere.  

i think it's to the point that all he wants to do is impress his daughter enough with russian oligarch money and china patents to bang her while Jared watches

• Hook 'Em 1

On a whim today, since I'm within sniffing distance of SS, I created an account, and checked out what I would receive at 62 vs 67, based on what my salary was last year.

Then wondered if I will ever see it.

Never as an adult have I wondered if it would be there for me.  I don't necessarily need it to survive, thanks to my pension that I'm fully vested for, but it would be nice to have it since I'll have two in college when I'm eligible to tap SS.

If I will ever see it.

This is the problem with constantly trying to tell your base that Biden is mentally impaired. All it takes is one halfway decent speech to figure out that's a bad attack line. So now you move the goalpost that he's actually on drugs. Then you will have to move it again. 

The best move is to not play Trump's game. He dragged Obama in the muck too with the birther crap, and he's trying it again. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RPM said:

As someone within SS range, I say keep your fucking mitts off it and keep the tax in place. My Grandfather paid it, My Father paid it, I paid it, you pay it too. It's your job to make sure the politicians don't rob you of your SSI. You think private investment is a better option? 2008 says hai.

We are going need a Dem Congress and Dem President before we can be bullied into addressing traditional conservative positions again.

2 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I guess I feel like if anyone is taking performance enhancing drugs it should probably be the President. Just leave some for the rest of us. 

Yeah, I mean, if the President has access to drugs that would make him super smart, it seems like it would be extremely negligent not to take them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Surprised this didn't say something like...

Hurricane Laura is a Hoax, it's a South American Hoax sent here but the Brown people to attack my presidency.   Just watch it will one day just magically ... disappear. (gesture hands with palms out in an outward motion)

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, elfenix said:

because of course he was

And the Kenosha, Wisconsin police didn’t detain him even though he was walking their way carrying a weapon after an apparent shooting allowing him to eventually temporarily escape, for one simple reason.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump and the trumpkins are responsible for what that 17 year old did. Fucking complete pieces of shit they all are.

Whoa. This is all so fucking sad. I feel very powerless to be able to fix this. I am going to vote but they are going to cheat and maybe succeed. Then we will erupt into madness and I will be incarcerated and my propery seized because I am a hispanic woman who shouldn't be here even though I have been here for 4 generations by the European side and millenia by the coahuiltecan side. Drag.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Hurricane Laura is a Hoax, it's a South American Hoax sent here but the Brown people to attack my presidency.   Just watch it will one day just magically ... disappear. (gesture hands with palms out in an outward motion)

actually, this is exactly how the media should be interacting with trump. on this wavelength and this wavelength only. 

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Well if they stop tracking hurricanes, then there would be no more hurricanes.  Duh.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1