Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The responses are scary.  The implications of a national figures like Scott Adams appealing to the persecution complex of  a death zombie cult that is armed to the teeth and believes a civil war to be inevitable are troubling. 

The base Scott Adams is appealing to doesn't like to read.  This is just to rile up Libs.  Christ all mighty, he looks like a lib.  He'd be one of the first one's offed if a war scenario played out.  Dilbert is a cartoon about engineers--you know, those crazy, college educated elitists that general contractors feel are worthless.   

Is that necessarily fraud? It's not unreasonable to think that 15 single member LLCs got 3 million in legitimate PPP loans. If they're living in Trump Tower they're going to be wealthy.

Whether or not people like that should have received corporate welfare is certainly questionable but I have a hard time assuming fraud. Seems a bit of a leap and maybe irresponsible to report it that way.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Is that necessarily fraud? It's not unreasonable to think that 15 single member LLCs got 3 million in legitimate PPP loans. If they're living in Trump Tower they're going to be wealthy.

Whether or not people like that should have received corporate welfare is certainly questionable but I have a hard time assuming fraud. Seems a bit of a leap and maybe irresponsible to report it that way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/10/ppp-fraud-charges/

Those charged include individuals who allegedly received money on behalf of fake companies; legitimate business owners accused of spending the funds on luxury items for themselves rather than paying employees; people who allegedly knew they weren’t eligible but applied anyway; businesses that allegedly double-dipped in a program meant to provide one loan per business; a former NFL player who allegedly submitted falsified documents; doctors accused of stealing from patients; suburban homeowners allegedly pretended to be farmers; and elaborate rings of people accused of trying to steal tens of millions of dollars.

It would appear so 

It would appear so 

Are any of those people tied to Trump? Or are those just random people who got busted?

I dunno. I don't like the way the first article is posed. The most likely situation is "a dozen or so rich assholes that live in Trump Tower got a bunch of PPP money". I know the article doesn't outright say fraud but it's implied in a clickbaity way. Strikes me as boy who cried wolf stuff.

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Are any of those people tied to Trump? Or are those just random people who got busted?

I dunno. I don't like the way the first article is posed. The most likely situation is "a dozen or so rich assholes that live in Trump Tower got a bunch of PPP money". I know the article doesn't outright say fraud but it's implied in a clickbaity way. Strikes me as boy who cried wolf stuff.

Right.  I have no doubt there was some fraud or shady shit involved, particularly with larger companies.

But those mentioned in that NBC News article were just Trump or Kushner tenants.  All that tells you is that they may be paying high rent, and not much else. This "subhead" -- The Trump Organization and Kushner Companies are major beneficiaries of PPP loans -- and some of the other text in the article is sloppy to say the least.

Y’all know we’ll find out tomorrow that Kush formed like 200 LLCs to fraudulently get some PPP money.

I get the caution, but every single time over the past four years these assholes have shown that they deserve the exact opposite of your benefit of the doubt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Bill Barr, come on down!  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-barr-election-fraud/2020/12/02/5717626c-34e2-11eb-a997-1f4c53d2a747_story.html

President Trump remained livid at Attorney General William P. Barr on Wednesday, with one senior administration official indicating there was a chance Barr could be fired — not just for his public comments undercutting Trump’s unfounded claims of election-shifting fraud, but also for steps he did not take on a probe of the FBI’s 2016 investigation into Trump’s campaign.

A day after Barr told the Associated Press that he had “not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election,” Trump continued to complain about his attorney general, people familiar with the matter said.

One senior administration official said there was a chance Trump would fire his attorney general and asserted that the president was not merely frustrated over Barr’s fraud-related assertions. The person said that several people are trying to persuade Trump not to do so. Like others, this official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

Trump, the official said, was perhaps even angrier that Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham did not issue a public report of his findings before last month’s election, and that Barr had secretly appointed Durham as special counsel in October, giving him extra legal and political protection to continue the work he started a year ago. Durham is examining whether crimes were committed by law enforcement during its 2016 investigation of whether Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Y’all know we’ll find out tomorrow that Kush formed like 200 LLCs to fraudulently get some PPP money.

I get the caution, but every single time over the past four years these assholes have shown that they deserve the exact opposite of your benefit of the doubt.

It's possible but 3 million is peanuts for these hucksters. You'd think they'd see a lot of exposure for minimal gain.

Then again they are really fucking stupid.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's possible but 3 million is peanuts for these hucksters. You'd think they'd see a lot of exposure for minimal gain.

Trump used $60,000 or so from his fucking charity to pay for a painting of himself, then $10,000 on a different painting of himself as well.

So, no, $3 million isn't peanuts, not to these grifting fucks.  In fact, the mere idea of $3 million is probably enough to give Trump a chubby.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump used $60,000 or so from his fucking charity to pay for a painting of himself, then $10,000 on a different painting of himself as well.

So, no, $3 million isn't peanuts, not to these grifting fucks.  In fact, the mere idea of $3 million is probably enough to give Trump a chubby.

rw071119_mcnaughton.jpg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Trump forced the National Parks Service to reopen the old post office tower in his DC hotel during the government shutdown. He once embezzled $7 from his charity to pay for his shithead son’s Boy Scout dues. He’d spend an hour to steal a penny from your pocket.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, yoladu said:

what did Lou Holtz do? Did i miss something?

How quickly people forget his courageous attack of Joe Biden during the GOP convention. Our country is truly a safer place. Also he wants to thuck dotardth penith. 

10 hours ago, BradInATX said:

The thing is, this is how they think the world is supposed to work. If the government is handing out money, of course Kushner is going to try to direct it to friends and benefactors if he can get his hands into the mix. We've seen reports that he shut down an early coronavirus response because it was only affecting blue states. We've heard reports from governors about coronavirus tests and other supplies being rerouted to red states. We've seen how Qatar was leveraged into bailing out Jared's 666 5th Ave. boondoggle. It would be shocking if these mobsters didn't engage in cronyism when handing out PPP loans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Right.  I have no doubt there was some fraud or shady shit involved, particularly with larger companies.

But those mentioned in that NBC News article were just Trump or Kushner tenants.  All that tells you is that they may be paying high rent, and not much else. This "subhead" -- The Trump Organization and Kushner Companies are major beneficiaries of PPP loans -- and some of the other text in the article is sloppy to say the least.

Maybe it's payback. Trump Tower NYC has been long suspected as a front for money laundering from foreign agents. It started with *Russia, but it expanded to include other countries, and why would anyone be surprised that they've (Trump syndicate) figured out a way to increase the number of tentacles. It's not like he's going to change or anything. Just ask Adam Schiff.

*The FBI wiretap in 2013 led to the flight of Russian mafia boss, Tokhtakhounov living 3 floors down from Trump's penthouse,  who linked back up with Trump in Russia at one of his pageants in Moscow.

Edit to add--this is the same Trump who sold a Trump Tower condo to Jean-Claude 'Baby Doc' Duvalier (via a shell corporation) in 1983, the first reported instance of Duvalier assets discovered in the US. (Snopes) They were unable to link Trump to money laundering at that time.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

45 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If anybody who worked for this administration ever leaves the country, they should be immediately arrested and sent to the The Hague to face charges of crimes against humanity.

Since we seemingly aren't going to do anything about it.

The number of orphans is similar in size to a K-4 elementary school campus in many Texas cities. Picturing an entire elementary school full of children without parents is heartbreaking. I would say that the number (666) is a coincidence, but it's 2020 so very apt.

16 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

The base Scott Adams is appealing to doesn't like to read.  This is just to rile up Libs.  Christ all mighty, he looks like a lib.  He'd be one of the first one's offed if a war scenario played out.  Dilbert is a cartoon about engineers--you know, those crazy, college educated elitists that general contractors feel are worthless.   

Cartoonists are just crazy people with eye-hand coordination.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, bolverk said:

White House Communications Director is out. Check this short thread to see who her dad is, which makes sense.

https://twitter.com/sisu_sanity/status/1327131799965863944

(Not embedding either due to Twitter or because Thuj broke Surly his coaching search thread)

wtf @ her dad. are you fucking kidding me ???

Because there are still a few acres of pristine wilderness left on the planet, a huge fuck you to the earth and to future generations:

https://www.adn.com/business-economy/energy/2020/12/03/trump-administration-schedules-arctic-alaska-refuge-lease-sale-for-early-january/

Sweeping executive order on Day-1 that cancels all Trump Administration policies / decrees.

I hate the precedent, but all of this garbage needs to hit the wastebin ASAP
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Cartoonists are just crazy people with eye-hand coordination.

That's artists in general.  Whenever I see really good* artwork, I automatically wonder what's wrong with the artist. 

*good is subject to interpretation and not a universally agreed upon aesthetic 

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Because there are still a few acres of pristine wilderness left on the planet, a huge fuck you to the earth and to future generations:

https://www.adn.com/business-economy/energy/2020/12/03/trump-administration-schedules-arctic-alaska-refuge-lease-sale-for-early-january/

Another money maker for the DOTARD cartel. 

I dunno.  this looks bad after they said there was a water pipe burst and they had to make everyone leave and no more ballots counted.  I am new here and this place looks to be a left freak show but come on.  this is at best gray and most likely corrupt as shit.  Why are they pulling out suitcases under a table and frantically start processing them?  

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1334569329334083586?s=20

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 6

12 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I dunno.  this looks bad after they said there was a water pipe burst and they had to make everyone leave and no more ballots counted.  I am new here and this place looks to be a left freak show but come on.  this is at best gray and most likely corrupt as shit.  Why are they pulling out suitcases under a table and frantically start processing them?  

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1334569329334083586?s=20

As y'all have seen I have a good propensity of tracking down shit.  That video makes my bullshit meter go through the roof.  BTW I voted for Obama once.  

• Fuck You 6