Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't like this tiktok nonsense. His delusional base has finally dwindled to let than 6200. That hurts, especially an event that was planned for WEEKS and tons of marketing and free press coverage pushing for it. Tik tok kids didn't do shit here except coaxing out a few bragging quotes. It's far more embarrassing that no one showed up than it is they were excited for a million to show up. 

I have mixed feelings about it as well.  One the one hand, it's hilarious pwnage.

On the other, I think they're going to wind up making some mileage out of the number of ticket sales.  Or turn it into some "radical left" conspiracy that ruint the rally.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have mixed feelings about it as well.  One the one hand, it's hilarious pwnage.

On the other, I think they're going to wind up making some mileage out of the number of ticket sales.

Do ppl still use this term?

I also like the oxford dictionary definition .... and that there is one. 

pwnage

noun

/ˈpəʊnɪdʒ/

/ˈpəʊnɪdʒ/
[uncountable] (informal)
  1. the fact of completely defeating somebody, especially in a video game; the fact of being completely successful against somebody/something
    • In the final game it was total pwnage.

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I mean, if saluting 600 times is hard, imagine having to tell the story about saluting 600 times on top of having to prove he can drink water with one hand like a big boy.  Dude is exhausted.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Maybe. But rally turnout never meant shit.  Trump got 144,000 votes in Tulsa County in 2016. He will also win Tulsa County and Oklahoma in a landslide in 2020. Hell, he could kill Barry Switzer and disband OU football and they'd still vote for him.  Although if he did that, I might vote for him too. 

Thank you for the smile, if only for a moment.

7 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Thanks for the updates. I disagree with a lot of posters here. Tulsa ain't that bad of a town. And you can drive 40 min in any any direction of Austin and see more Confederate flags than you might care to. Texas coast has far and away more Trump flags per capital of anywhere I've been from Cali to NC.

I was in Port Lavaca a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe all the Trump flags. Saw no rebel flags though. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

At the next rally he should pat his head and rub his belly at the same time. 

I’m telling ya, if you said something about him chewing gum, this dope would literally unwrap a piece of juicy fruit and start walking around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i get almost zero right or heavy right tik toks. i do get a ton of milf tik toks though 

might want to take off your maga hat while surfing tik tok lulz 

I go on there to laugh at shit, not to see anything political. When I first got one it was showing me all these conservative political vids. I did the “not interested” thing on a few, but then it started showing me a bunch of liberal ones. Hit “not interested”, and now it’s showing me conservative bullshit again. Pretty frustrating and a big turn off really. 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I go on there to laugh at shit, not to see anything political. When I first got one it was showing me all these conservative political vids. I did the “not interested” thing on a few, but then it started showing me a bunch of liberal ones. Hit “not interested”, and now it’s showing me conservative bullshit again. Pretty frustrating and a big turn off really. 

Algorithms can't figure you out when you don't pick a side. 

I don't like this tiktok nonsense. His delusional base has finally dwindled to let than 6200. That hurts, especially an event that was planned for WEEKS and tons of marketing and free press coverage pushing for it. Tik tok kids didn't do shit here except coaxing out a few bragging quotes. It's far more embarrassing that no one showed up than it is they were excited for a million to show up. 

Why not both?
  • Like 1

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Why not both?

Agree.  Donald doesn’t often pick on mass groups of citizens.  It’s either specific people, the Democratic politicians, boogeymen Antifa, Hollywood elites, media.  Is he going to try to shit on an entire section of the populace?  On his supporters for not showing up?  

I still think he is sheltered and believes most Americans agree with him and will vote for him and that the polls are bogus.  Being trolled/rejected by the PEOPLE in such a public way seems like such a rare occurrence.  The boos at the Nats game is my only recollection.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Algorithms can't figure you out when you don't pick a side. 

Algorithms put things in front of you based on your viewing habits and interests (within tiktok and from third parties.  If you look at political stuff it will try to serve you political stuff.  The platform doesn't have any incentive to serve you ads that will drive you away.  The advertiser also has little incentive to serve ads to parties that will reject and not generate costs per click/like/view.  The algorithm is there to make money.  

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Srsly.  We don’t need 40,000 word think pieces from the New Yorker analyzing this: they thought it was going to be super popular.  It wasn’t.  It’s because kids outfoxed them. That’s funny. End of story. 

I hope it's not the end the story and that Trump threatens to arrest people who make bogus ticket requests. 

Although more likely he'll run with the "violent protestors kept thousands of people away" angle. Because he's always looking for pathetic excuses for his failures, especially if they demonize his opponents. 

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Counterpoint. A single sociopath millenial named Mark Zuckerberg allowed for Parscale to make a living, and allowed for Trump to be elected in the first place.

For Gen X, the internet was fun and new. Millenials turned it into a shitshow.

Counterpoint:  Facebook actually was the best thing on the internet when only Millenials were on it.  It was ruined when Zuckerberg let X'ers and Boomers join without a college email address.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Maybe, but what the fake tix sales did was completely fool the Trump campaign. Had the campaign been able to the predict the actual attendance, they would have taken steps to mitigate the optics. They would not have set up an overflow stage. They would have closed off the balcony for security reasons. They might have even restricted the capacity, claiming it was needed to reduce outbreak concerns. Instead they ran full speed into this embarrassment.

I have no idea if either of these were plausible, but within Tulsa you have the Mabee Center (ORU), the Reynolds Center (TU).  Both of these seat between 8,000 and 11,000.  Neither would have still filled out, but the optics of those would have been a helluva lot better than the barn they wanted so desperately to fill.  And it's possible both of these private universities said thanks, but no thanks (but I can't see ORU turning this down).

I honestly don't keep up with Trump rallies, but have they ever filled anything the size of the BOK Center, even in the gung ho days of 2016?

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I hope it's not the end the story and that Trump threatens to arrest people who make bogus ticket requests. 

Although more likely he'll run with the "violent protestors kept thousands of people away" angle. Because he's always looking for pathetic excuses for his failures, especially if they demonize his opponents. 

This is what his campaign is running with.  Just watched a few minutes of Chris Wallace this morning and some Mercedes lady said most of the people wanted to attend but were afraid because of all the violent protesters.  Sad.

He still looked awkward as shit drinking from that glass.

It literally looks like he practiced over and over to get it right. He still leans forward super awkwardly and makes a weird motion. The guy has major problems.

The fact that we are discussing his water drinking motions versus how our governments is planning to attack a pandemic is pathetic (and we are discussing it because he chooses to act out a 5 minute skit on it).

This is the leader of the nation. If you vote for this clown in 2020 you deserve to be in hell.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The latter is what he went with all night.  No one has any video of said obstruction, but that's just because the fake news media doesn't want to show it.  Oh, and uh, FN and OAN were on the other side of the building and missed it I guess.  

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Read over the posts by Celery Man and Longhornmatt.  

• Like 1

On the other, I think they're going to wind up making some mileage out of the number of ticket sales.  Or turn it into some "radical left" conspiracy that ruint the rally.

It’s pretty sad that we have to worry that idiotic propaganda by the Trump campaign will work yet again on his idiotic base. It’s almost like there’s not a person among them that has the ability to think and not be duped.

12 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Interesting to see the volume and movement in just last 3 weeks

bba893570c6a87a35c96c39ecb644004.plist

The ‘which party wins the presidency’ market has leaned D for a lot longer than the Trump/Biden one has...which always felt like it was propping you Trump due to trolls or MAGA types.  So when that market shows Trump under water you gotta start believing it’s possible.  

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is what his campaign is running with.  Just watched a few minutes of Chris Wallace this morning and some Mercedes lady said most of the people wanted to attend but were afraid because of all the violent protesters.  Sad.

Sounds like the weak Republican Gov of Oklahoma needs to dominate the battle space. Send in the troops like you've never seen before why not done? 

• Haha 1

I’m guessing they gave him ice cream for breakfast this morning to cheer him up. Hope probably fed him. She him about the bad BLM protesters blocking the entrances. Then she made tank sounds as she fed him / describing how big scary tanks should have  ran them over 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It’s already been said...the tik tik troll job and “protestors blocking attendees from entering arena” excuses need to be nuked...it is what it is, only 6k people showed up. Nothing else. Only the true brain damaged cultist will show up for shit like this.

Don’t be fooled, the other 35% of his base will still vote for dotard, they’re just not stupid enough to show up in person during a pandemic or show their faces at these hate rallies.

You have to think going forward that the Trump campaign limits the size of the building to something around 5000 seats, and to get away from the Tik Tok youth they will require a campaign donation in order to get a ticket.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

6 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Ok. A couple more broad brushes. Gen X is 41 to 55.  Most not 50 something.  

In what world is 14 years a generation? In our society 18 years is about the only thing that makes sense because that's the number for eligibility for the military, the end of grade school, and generally the beginning of adulthood. 

If the baby boom started in 1946 9+ months after VJ and VE days and troops came home then Gen X would be anyone born from 1964 to 1981. 

• Like 1