Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I disagree. It’s the single thing I’ll give him credit for. However fundamentally cynical, self-interested and vapid his support may have been he is the singular, essential figure that unites the GOP around criminal justice reform and provides the space for a majority consensus on the issue. It’s a small but crucial step and would not have been taken without Trump. His presidency has been terrible for the country but I’ll give him this.

You may be right.  Apparently it took him and especially Kush, riding the fuck out of McConnell to get it calendared for a Senate vote.  IIRC, it passed the House once before without a Senate vote.

I don't know if Trump is smart enough to do it, but if his people go after Biden they can keep him tied up in DC and unable to campaign. I'm sure they would see nothing wrong with that. Actually, they don't seem to see much of anything as wrong as long as they benefit so there is that. The mob has omerta, but Trump leaks like a sieve out of every orifice.

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

Dude is probably wired on sudafed and adderall.

Seriously though, who stands for the national anthem that is being played on TV? That seems pretty weird.

I was at a neighborhood watering hole a month or so back and the big screen was showing the national anthem prior to a bowl game.  The bar got quiet, every man removed his cap, and many of them stood.  I thought it was pretty cool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Sporks. We deserve nothing if not sporks. 

tenor.gif

Sporking is what I'd like to do with Ivanka.  It's a lot like spooning, but there's an extra something white poking you as it's happening.  

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Sporking is what I'd like to do with Ivanka.  It's a lot like spooning, but there's an extra something white poking you as it's happening.  

So you just want to talk about the first thing that pops up

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

At least two of those dipshits are putting their left hand over their heart.  Flag code, what flag code?

Fucking idiots.

That reminds me...On the way up to my In-laws in Llano county, there's a guy on hwy 29 outside Burnet that has an American flag, Rebel flag, Texas flag, and a big Trump 2020 flag on the gate of his "ranch". The new Texas flag has been upside down for the better part of two months. The "ranch house" behind the gate? A broken down, sagging, 1980s single-wide with a yard full of broken down cars and old appliances. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

That reminds me...On the way up to my In-laws in Llano county, there's a guy on hwy 29 outside Burnet that has an American flag, Rebel flag, Texas flag, and a big Trump 2020 flag on the gate of his "ranch". The new Texas flag has been upside down for the better part of two months. The "ranch house" behind the gate? A broken down, sagging, 1980s single-wide with a yard full of broken down cars and old appliances. 

Blood over bandage.

58 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

There are several similar scenarios outside Johnson City. 

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Well, Burnet is meth country.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Is this a NowThis sock?

I don't get the reference.  But I was merely replying to someone who had posted a spork image above.  Was merely following an absurd turn in the thread that even included images.  I'm wholly unaware as to why following tangents on a thread is somehow unacceptable.  

The President only has one item on his public calendar today:

Trump and Mrs. Trump will visit the Capitol where the President will deliver the State of the Union address to Congress.

GOP reps have stated they hope he does not discuss impeachment, so we'll see how that goes. They would like for him to focus on the economy. But perhaps he has other plans in mind. For example, he might mention the military. Perhaps he will take some time to discuss how we have very expensive planes that somehow don't work quite right but they have lots of ammo and also lots of aspirin in case the war fighters get really bad headaches.

He might decide to talk about how the brown people are being stopped from entering the US and how the wall is being paid for by them which is why it's falling over. The landmine initiative should put a stop to that, however, and he will point out that the toddlers who are blown to pieces will die like dogs just like they do in cages when they actually make it across and are caught. If they don't drown first.

He might decide to talk about how he saved pre-existing conditions and Medicare/Medicaid and how you will have more money to keep your doctor thanks to the tax cut he is going to implement. Since he will do none of these things, the representatives can enjoy their wonderful health care plan while citizens are too sick and poor to travel to DC to complain.

Lastly, he might decide to discuss that thanks to prison reform, nonviolent offenders are being reintegrated into society (something I have discovered thanks to you all, he actually helped get passed) and since the prisons have more room, now he can fill them with his list of enemies. "So, if the following people will please stand up....."

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

13 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It's literally a cry for help.

Sec. 3100.053. ORIENTATION ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF. If the state flag is displayed on a flagpole or flagstaff, the white stripe should be at the top of the flag, except as a signal of dire distress in an instance of extreme danger to life or property.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

So, the destruction of the military is underway:

Top Navy SEAL Rear Admiral Collin Green to step down in September

Special Warfare Rear Adm. Collin Green, the US Navy admiral responsible for the service's special-operations forces, will step down from his position in September, The Intercept reported over the weekend.

Green, the commander of Naval Special Warfare Command, graduated from the US Naval Academy in 1986 and completed the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL course two years later. He served in SEAL Teams 2, 3, and 5 and in senior roles for NATO's special-operations command and US Central Command.

His retirement follows the controversial court-martial of Special Warfare Operator Chief Eddie Gallagher. Green moved to withdraw Gallagher's Trident pin, which signifies membership in the Navy SEAL community.

Green in November ordered a peer evaluation of Gallagher, who had been demoted and charged with war crimes, including the murder of an ISIS prisoner of war and the shooting of two people in Iraq in 2017. Gallagher was acquitted of those counts but convicted of a lesser charge of posing for a picture with the dead ISIS fighter.

However, President Donald Trump intervened in the Navy's judicial system to free Gallagher from pretrial detention and to restore his rank after the conviction. Trump said that he was "sticking up for our armed forces" and that "there's never been a president that's going to stick up for them, and has, like I have."

cont.

We had a nice run, America.  Last one out, turn off the lights.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/trump-job-approval-personal-best.aspx

Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

I don’t think traditional polls are accurate anymore. Who the hell are they asking? People who answer their phone not knowing the number? How many people answer calls from people they don’t know? My phone is set to send non-contact numbers straight to voicemail. I think it’s mainly old retired white people answering these polls.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The confidence that I had that the military wouldn't enforce any action by Trump to assume a dictatorship (because the racists and Trump sycophants were outnumbered by officers loyal to the Constitution)? It's shrinking....

Get in line or retire.  It happened at Dept. of State right out of the gate.  It's happened across the entirety of the government, most critically at DoJ and in the Judiciary, and now it's happening on DoD.  Straight out of the authoritarian's handbook. 

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Get in line or retire.  It happened at Dept. of State right out of the gate.  It's happened across the entirety of the government, most critically at DoJ and in the Judiciary, and now it's happening on DoD.  Straight out of the authoritarian's handbook. 

Yep.  And if we do get a Dem back in office, they are going to spend most of their term rebuilding everything that has been torn down.  Good times America.  Good times.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  And if we do get a Dem back in office, they are going to spend most of their term rebuilding everything that has been torn down.  Good times America.  Good times.

It'll take a term and half to unfuck that which has been entirely fucked.  Probably more.