Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This reminds me of the guy who bets on 5 team parlays 

this reminds me of the guy who can't believe his team lost because they were winning late in the 2nd quarter.

also what kind of bookie posts percentages?  you telling me i could've bet biden at 35-1 on election night?

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It would be interesting to know if he was under audit or investigation by the IRS for some time.

The usual course of these things, AFAIK, is that the IRS pursues taxes due, first, as a tax or civil matter.  Only when it becomes apparent that the tax dodge was intentional or otherwise criminal does the DOJ/US Attorney get involved.  And that's after IRS Criminal Investigation Unit is involved.

SEC stuff is similar.

What, this guy investigate Hunter Biden? Oh, I'm suuuure it's all just the IRS doing what they do. He just "failed to mention" that it was a priority.

Isakson questions Mr. Charles P. Rettig at his Senate ...

BB1bMAYe.img?h=100&w=100&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

The tax attorney that President Donald Trump appointed to head the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars in profit from renting out Trump Organization properties over the last two years, government watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) said Tuesday.

The documents related to Charles Rettig’s finances are raising eyebrows for a couple of reasons. First, Rettig did not disclose the link to the Trump property. Second, as the IRS commissioner, Rettig has noted that he has the legal authority, but under Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s supervision, to comply with congressional requests for an individual’s tax returns.

Rettig has made between $100,000 to $200,000 annually from his 50-percent ownership in two units at the Trump International Waikiki, a property from which the president also still profits, according to CREW. Ten-percent of the purchase price Rettig paid went directly to Trump’s personal business. The report also noted that President Trump has, while in office, promoted the hotel. He stopped by to congratulate employees on a “tremendously successful” year while on his way to Asia in late 2017.

The latest financial numbers come from an analysis of Rettig’s personal financial disclosures from 2019 and 2020despite the IRS commissioner only referring to the properties as “Residential Real Estate – Honolulu, Hawaii” and “Residential Real Estate (2) – Honolulu, Hawaii,” on the forms. Prior to his 2018 congressional confirmation hearing, Rettig disclosed that he owned two properties in Hawaii, but failed to mention where they were located or that they were in a Trump business property.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What, this guy investigate Hunter Biden? Oh, I'm suuuure it's all just the IRS doing what they do. He just "failed to mention" that it was a priority.

Isakson questions Mr. Charles P. Rettig at his Senate ...

BB1bMAYe.img?h=100&w=100&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

It’s “raising eyebrows” when it should be causing huge waves and having him immediately resign.  But this shit is normalized now. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s “raising eyebrows” when it should be causing huge waves and having him immediately resign.  But this shit is normalized now. 

Somehow, an actually real investigation involving money laundering and election interference is considered a hoax, while tax investigation of a President-elect's son, threats against a sitting governor, interference with state election officials, forced sterilization of asylum seekers, and using tear gas and rubber bullets against peaceful protestors is law and order suggests that we are living in a third world country and have been for some time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

this reminds me of the guy who can't believe his team lost because they were winning late in the 2nd quarter.
also what kind of bookie posts percentages?  you telling me i could've bet biden at 35-1 on election night?
Can confirm he is full of it. Was watching the line on a couple of sites to get a bet down on Biden. Had my eye on it all night into the AM. I got it at +250 and the highest I saw it get was +310.

9 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m pretty sure Kennedy ain’t one of them Jew names.

I’m sure It was originally Kennedybergensteinawitz before they shortened it on Ellis Island.

But in all seriousness, there is a completely weird vibe that I get from Trump’s relationship with Judaism.

I can’t explain it.

I guess it’s the same way he acts with his evangelical base as well so it’s not unique.

IDK, something feels hidden (well not that hidden) and malevolent when it comes to Trump and the Jews.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this.

Edited by Dnaguy

16 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Chaser:

honestly, a close scrutiny of a political party's presidential and vice pres candidates (and their immediate family), all scotus nominees, senators, congresspeople, should be performed by the US office of the Devil's Advocate, and the results made public anyway. This would include, of course, their taxes going back to when they became an adult.

You give up any right to privacy when you decide to run for federal office.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

IDK, something feels hidden (well not that hidden) and malevolent when it comes to Trump and the Jews.

You're reading too much into it.

Right wing fundamentalists have always had a fascinating love/hate thing going on with Judaism, and the further right you go, the weirder it gets. Your typical mainstream Southern Baptist is normal enough about it, but your tinfoil hat wearing, InfoWars reading psychotic bunch... you know, Trumpers... have totally left the reservation. Don't try to make any sense out of it, it's just as bat-shit crazy as anything else the Q people come up with.

37 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I’m sure It was originally Kennedybergensteinawitz before they shortened it on Ellis Island.

But in all seriousness, there is a completely weird vibe that I get from Trump’s relationship with Judaism.

I can’t explain it.

I guess it’s the same way he acts with his evangelical base as well so it’s not unique.

“That Old Testament is a hell of a book, let me tell you. I’ve had some people tell me that if it wasn’t so old they would compare it favorably to The Art of the Deal. It’s very old I tell you, many great and important words inside. I read it often at the various Jewish holidays. They have many of those, like those days of Christmas. How many do they have now? 11? 12? 12 days of Christmas, you would think they maybe are looking for some extra days off? I’m not going to say the Jews are lazy, but who gets that many days off? Maybe take less time off and you could buy a bigger tree for Christmas?”

• Hook 'Em 2

Right wing fundamentalists have always had a fascinating love/hate thing going on with Judaism, and the further right you go, the weirder it gets. Your typical mainstream Southern Baptist is normal enough about it, but your tinfoil hat wearing, InfoWars reading psychotic bunch... you know, Trumpers... have totally left the reservation. Don't try to make any sense out of it, it's just as bat-shit crazy as anything else the Q people come up with.

Well see, they’re God’s chosen people. But they also killed Jesus and are coming to replace “us” - whoever that is.

So you know, it’s complicated.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Gaslit Nation talks about the relationship the Kushner family has had with Netanyahu and Israel going back decades, and so it's complicated for the Trump family. Setting aside religion for a moment, I've no doubt Trump sees Ivanka and Jared as a matrimonial deal the likes of which have happened for centuries. (This goes back to @High Plains Drifter point about delving into backgrounds of candidates and their families. Jared and Ivanka could not obtain the security clearances and that whole episode just dissolved, but it wasn't because they suddenly were on the up and up.

I agree about the right wing fundamentalists, but Trump specifically, narcissist that he is, IMO resents religion for its constraints and perhaps he finds that the Christians are much more willing to look the other way when he butts up against those constraints.

*There has been quite a discussion on the interwebs regarding the Trump family being of Ashkenazi Jewish descent, but I haven't delved into it nor the veracity of the claims.

21 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Good lord the damage done to our county by this man is immeasurable.  The current President is far and away they greatest threat to our national security.

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Every accusation is a confession. 

Edited by Underdog
alright, you guys win.

22 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Good lord the damage done to our county by this man is immeasurable.  The current President is far and away they greatest threat to our national security.

The illegitimate president shit isn't going away after January 20th. He's going to keep that idea alive and well, and many in thr GOP will continue to sing right along. 

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Burning it all down 

spacer.png

I know others have asked why not impeach?  Why not invoke the 25th amendment?

I figured the timing just wouldn't work and he's gone in less than two months anyway, unless all AZ GOPer pledge to give up their lives for the fight.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe this fucker is going to literally burn it all down in the end.  Hope the White House insurance policy is all paid up.  DOTARD probably pocketed that money too.

7 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

The casual Jewish slurs on Surly do not embody the best of our state.

Gentile walks into a men's clothing store, starts looking at sports coats.  Salesman comes up to him and sees he's looking at their standard blue blazer. 

"You interested in the blue blazer?" asks the salesman.

"Yes, how much is it?" says the Gentile.

"$350." answers the salesman.

"I'll take it," replies the Gentile.

45 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Gentile walks into a men's clothing store, starts looking at sports coats.  Salesman comes up to him and sees he's looking at their standard blue blazer. 

"You interested in the blue blazer?" asks the salesman.

"Yes, how much is it?" says the Gentile.

"$350." answers the salesman.

"I'll take it," replies the Gentile.

As a transitioning Latinx, I constantly stumble over the fact that Standard White People think there is a Holy Price List Commission somewhere that sets all prices. I'll have some damn widget I want $200 for, so I'll throw it out there at 300, thinking naturally they'll counteroffer 150 and then we'll happily wander towards what I really wanted.

Nope. They'll freeze up like I'm the Bad Man touching the doll, and it's over. $300 is too much, but $300 is the Holy Price, it cannot be altered, even though I made the damn widget, the same way I just made up the price.

So then I'll try to just say $200. And what happens is that it'll be some big Polar Bear Swede lookin motherfucker who just got back from ten years in Brazil, so he hears 200 and thinks he can make it 40.

The only way to crack the code with Standard White People is to say that something is normally 300 but today it's on sale. Because the Holy Price Commission sets sales too. Then they have made the 100 that you were allowed to not charge them.

Sorry I went on so long. If you're not gonna buy something, quit blockin my booth.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

78% of the people? Try 78% of right wing/Qanon/Parler loving people.

Man. this was all made up in Trump's head as another con job, and so-called GOP intelligent (big question mark) Senators, Governors, HoR members, etc bought into it hook, line and sinker. Unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

GOP intelligent (big question mark) Senators, Governors, HoR members, etc bought into it hook, line and sinker

No they didn't. Which makes it even worse. Almost all of them realize that this is bullshit, but they're either 1) Too chickenshit to speak up and piss off MAGA, 2) Curious to test just how far this can go, 3) Furiously masturbating at the thought of running with the weakened "illegitimate" President mantra for the next 4 years, or 4) All of the above

• Hook 'Em 6

78% of the people?  Let's assume he means people over 18.  Adult Americans, aka "People."  

That means he thinks 165 million American People think/know/feel the election was rigged.  I might grant him 78% of his voters think that, but not 78% of Republicans (many of whom didn't vote or voted for Biden or third party).  But 78% of 'People' do not feel this election was rigged.  I would normally not pick on his shitty math skills, but when you're talking about vote tabulations, margins of error, and polling percentages---yeah, I'm gonna have to call you out on your shitty maths.  

How do you Trumpers hear shit like this and think, "My god, that man is smart"??  

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump's removing DOD support for CIA operations. Most likely so CIA has to hire Trump supporter Erik Prince's contractors. 

And even if they don't, it will cause problems until Biden comes aboard. 

The least bad option is "not". We may get another 9/11 out of it, but hey, at least we won't get an apocalypse.

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
34 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:
I think Republicans think it was rigged the same way kids in the 70s thought Peter Frampton was great. As in, they mostly didn't, but everybody else seemed to think so, so they didn't bring it up.

I've smoked real pot with a dude that looked like Frampton which is way cooler/ Hedburg

Frampton is actually okay to listen to, provided you're bangin' a hot chick at the time. Of course, that's also true of Englebert Humperdink, so, you know, whatever.