Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Biden can't stop Trump from using AF1 prior to being sworn in.  This is a non-issue.

If Trump is in the air when Biden is sworn in, the first thing he should do is have the plane rerouted to the nearest landing strip big enough to land on and have them put his ass out on the tarmac

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He could take the train, cause he's a hog or a cattle.

Trains are for Libtards.  Better he should wander the MAGAscape hitching rides in FlagTrucks, a winding journey punctuated by distracted FB-Q-Theory-While-Driving, suddenly-full diapers (maybe even from a baby,) and sudden side-treks to get another pack of Marlboro Reds (Basics on Broke Friday.)

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

Trains are for Libtards.  Better he should wander the MAGAscape hitching rides in FlagTrucks, a winding journey punctuated by distracted FB-Q-Theory-While-Driving, suddenly-full diapers (maybe even from a baby,) and sudden side-treks to get another pack of Marlboro Reds (Basics on Broke Friday.)

Have you not heard of the Trump Train?

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Johnny Cash woulda cut a fucker. No way in fucking hell would he want anything to do with Trump. Just sayin'.

Didn't even listen to it, but that was the first thing that popped in my head. Johnny Cash would fuck a guy up for using his shit for Trump.

51D3n-Tif6L._AC_SX522_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Johnny Cash woulda cut a fucker. No way in fucking hell would he want anything to do with Trump. Just sayin'.

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Didn't even listen to it, but that was the first thing that popped in my head. Johnny Cash would fuck a guy up for using his shit for Trump.

I want to believe that, but as we've seen over the past four years....people that would have never, ever sided with Trump did so with great enthusiasm once he took office.  Point being, I'm glad Johnny is in a better place so that possibility never occurred.

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

In an admin full of weird, psychotic behavior, this is near the top, especially as a lame duck move.  What's in it for him?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I want to believe that, but as we've seen over the past four years....people that would have never, ever sided with Trump did so with great enthusiasm once he took office.  Point being, I'm glad Johnny is in a better place so that possibility never occurred.

If anything, Cash would accept an invitation to perform at the WH then burn the place down like he did when Nixon made the same mistake.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

In an admin full of weird, psychotic behavior, this is near the top, especially as a lame duck move.  What's in it for him?

He's mean.  That's it.  He gets off on the idea that he has reinstated the most grotesque forms of execution.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What? Merle hated Trump.

“He’s not a politician,” Haggard says. “I don’t think he understands the way things work in Washington, that’s what worries me about him. I don’t think he realizes he can’t just tell somebody to do something and have it done, you know. I think he’s dealing from a strange deck.”

-MH

As Merle died in April ‘16, he could well have been one who became a supporter, but, that’s conjecture. My assumption does show my own bias, but “hate” isn’t the impression I get from reading Merle’s opinion of Trump.

Still, it was my assumption, and I recognize it might have been mistaken.I had just read of Cash’s visit to the WH, which brought up OfM, which Nixon had asked Cash to sing.Johnny said he didn’t have time enough to learn it.

Can we agree that Willie’s ability to bridge a political divide is extraordinary?

I did not realize that Dana Carvey and Temple Grandin had a baby together, that it was named Michael,was clinically insane, and was now being mocked and parodied on SNL.  Had to see that coming with the Carvey bloodline though. 

22 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

More Trump chicanery.

Do they not understand that Biden can come in and just be like, "yeah, you're not fired"?  Are they just trying to create more work for the new admin out of spite?  I mean, I know they are, but it's not like these are difficult things to reverse.

56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do they not understand that Biden can come in and just be like, "yeah, you're not fired"?  Are they just trying to create more work for the new admin out of spite?  I mean, I know they are, but it's not like these are difficult things to reverse.

Makes "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" sound like nothing.

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

If Trump is in the air when Biden is sworn in, the first thing he should do is have the plane rerouted to the nearest landing strip big enough to land on and have them put his ass out on the tarmac

I still like the idea of diverting the plane to NY. Does the NY AG there already have charges ready to go? Be a lot cooler if she did.

• Hook 'Em 2

We all wish it would come true but 1 thing dotard can see is him being a dumbass if something like that happened (or his advisers will tell him) he would be laughed at more than usual. He will take AF1 down night before and keep them on standby till 11:59am. He will say it is to get ready for greatest campaign announcement ever.  I do have a feeling none of “real” media will bother to send anybody and he will stroke out during his speech when no thinking American media is there and he realizes only nut jobs like him.  

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I believe he is going to seal the terminations with a double stamp no erasies

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm afraid you are right.  Johnny was about as big a redneck as there ever was so the chances he would be a MAGAt are pretty high.  Great musical artist, but redneck all the same.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Johnny Cash built the last 2/3s of his career on compassion for our fellow man and humility in the face of eternity. And you think he wild have been MAGA? Bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Merle would have been MAGA. And Willie would have recorded with Merle, without hesitation. Willie is a better man than I.

Yeah, no.  Merle would never have been a Trumper, White Line Fever aside. Haggard grew up in a fucking boxcar poor as shit and ended up in prison.  He would have seen nothing redeeming about a dude that inherited $400 million and grifted poors with select steaks. Most of his songs were about working men who realized they would never ascend to anything greater no matter how hard they worked because poor people get fucked. They weren’t about guys who make 40k and buy a Raptor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Cousin Strawberry said:

Yeah, no.  Merle would never have been a Trumper, White Line Fever aside. Haggard grew up in a fucking boxcar poor as shit and ended up in prison.  He would have seen nothing redeeming about a dude that inherited $400 million and grifted poors with select steaks. Most of his songs were about working men who realized they would never ascend to anything greater no matter how hard they worked because poor people get fucked. They weren’t about guys who make 40k and buy a Raptor. 

Okay, I was using Merle as a foil for Willie’s gift at bridging divides. Mea culpa. But the notion that Trump hasn’t hoodwinked plenty of the folks you describe is as weak as my original assumption.

33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Johnny Cash built the last 2/3s of his career on compassion for our fellow man and humility in the face of eternity. And you think he wild have been MAGA? Bullshit.

No, I don't want to believe that he would have been, but I'm glad that we didn't have to see that he might have been.  Big difference.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Lucinda and David Rodriguez covered Deportee at a Woody Guthrie celebration at the Cactus Cafe, back when. Single greatest musical moment of that year, for me.

”You’ll find God in the church of your choice.                                                       You’ll find Woody Guthrie at the Brooklyn State Hospital                                                       It’s only my opinion, I may be right or wrong                                                                    But, you’ll find them both at Grand Canyon, sundown”

-Bob Dylan

Edited by Willfully Horn
Hero worship
  • Hook 'Em 2