Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Holy shit, he is confusing the fuck out of his base right now. 

"So do I take the vaccine now to support Commander Trump's single-handed efforts to bring it to market? Or is the vaccine a Demorat ploy to further control the population with mandates and, presumably, microchips? Or does that not happen until January 20?"

Honestly, if Trump taking credit for the vaccine gets more people to take it, then go for it. We shouldn't even fight him on it. It might be the only decent thing he's done in office...completely unintentionally, of course.

You're talking about people who think the New Testament is an addendum to the Old Testament and quote both without having read either.

I.D.I.O.T. World

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The President retweeted this guy, but isn't this guy suggesting the President do something that is illegal? Or am I mistaken?

Depends on how you define threats I guess. Everything trump says is always in a very obvious code so the mouth breathers can hide behind the letter of what he says while everyone else knows what he means.   

Twenty-Six Justices!! Where do I send my resume?

Also, I assume that means one per letter, so Barrett and Kavanaugh are out because B and K are already taken by Breyer and Kagan. Wake up sheeple! They want to use letters to get rid of dear leaders judges!!

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

hahha fuck Trump

Gee, it's almost like Republican Senators know that the writing has been on the wall and aren't going to tarnish their voting record for a lame duck Trump, even though they're more than willing to ride this illegitimate President bullshit 'til the brakes fall off. Pathetic.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Gee, it's almost like Republican Senators know that the writing has been on the wall and aren't going to tarnish their voting record for a lame duck Trump, even though they're more than willing to ride this illegitimate President bullshit 'til the brakes fall off. Pathetic.

Did the COVID liability get removed?

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm pretty annoyed at Time Magazine. What exactly did Biden and Harris do? They ran for election and won. That's somehow worthy of praise? Especially in an election where the whole thing was a referendum on Trump and Biden is just a generic "I'm not Trump nor too-far-left" cardboard cutout. Woopty doo for Joe Biden

It should have been frontline workers that have risked their lives and well being to keep us and our children healthy, fed, and educated. I find it pretty disgraceful, actually. The self-important media strikes again.

I thought it should have been Fauci. Dealing with a pandemic while an idiot president undermines him at every turn with absurdities like flashlights up your ass and drinking bleach.

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm pretty annoyed at Time Magazine. What exactly did Biden and Harris do? They ran for election and won. That's somehow worthy of praise? Especially in an election where the whole thing was a referendum on Trump and Biden is just a generic "I'm not Trump nor too-far-left" cardboard cutout. Woopty doo for Joe Biden

It should have been frontline workers that have risked their lives and well being to keep us and our children healthy, fed, and educated. I find it pretty disgraceful, actually. The self-important media strikes again.

Not disagreeing, but if I recall it isn't bestowed in a manner of praise, but influence.

I didn't know how to express how I felt about that, but this is pretty much spot on. There are times to take make magazine-selling, polarizing, partisan covers. There are also times to take a step back, forget politics for 2 minutes, and focus on the true heroes of this year. It's disappointing that they chose the former.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not disagreeing, but if I recall it isn't bestowed in a manner of praise, but influence.

Yeah, I mean I get that's what they claim. But if that were the case it'd be either Trump or whoever ate the bat in China. Biden and Harris couldn't be less noteworthy in 2020. Their campaign was (rightfully) to stay quiet, avoid policy discussion as much as possible, and keep the spotlight on Trump. If we're talking influence or importance, Biden and Harris pale in comparison to the guy they ran against, who was the focus of the entire damned election.

And we wonder why blue collar types and the working class are abandoning the left and losing faith in the media. Yeah the 78 year old cardboard cutout with the nice smile and Ray Bans is more important and influential than the millions of working class who kept our society going in the midst of a pandemic while our fat, rich asses sat at home and Zoomed and watched Netflix and ordered Uber Eats so that we didn't have to come into contact with said working class who was busy keeping society working. Fuck that. Pisses me right the fuck off. What an embarrassment.

Edited by BradInATX

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It should have been frontline workers that have risked their lives and well being to keep us and our children healthy, fed, and educated. I find it pretty disgraceful, actually. There has been no person or group of people more important, patriotic, or relevant than our frontline workers in 2020. The self-important media strikes again. Their political axes to grind are more important than actually recognizing the heroic people who sacrificed for the greater good for the entirety of a year.

It's not a "best people of the year" award. Trump got it multiple times, IIRC.

It should have been frontline workers that have risked their lives and well being to keep us and our children healthy, fed, and educated. I find it pretty disgraceful, actually. There has been no person or group of people more important, patriotic, or relevant than our frontline workers in 2020. The self-important media strikes again. Their political axes to grind are more important than actually recognizing the heroic people who sacrificed for the greater good for the entirety of a year.

agree. Trump’s tears are salty goodness, but the effort is not worth the slight to essential workers.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Holy shit, he is confusing the fuck out of his base right now. 

"So do I take the vaccine now to support Commander Trump's single-handed efforts to bring it to market? Or is the vaccine a Demorat ploy to further control the population with mandates and, presumably, microchips? Or does that not happen until January 20?"

Honestly, if Trump taking credit for the vaccine gets more people to take it, then go for it. We shouldn't even fight him on it. It might be the only decent thing he's done in office...completely unintentionally, of course.

Pfizer didn’t participate in the government plan. They did it on their own. Modern a and AZ, don’t know.  And the fda was going to fast track band emergency action this irrespective of who the president is or what he said.

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Why would the electoral process be respected after being overturned by SCOTUS?

I mean, it's not unusual for DJT to spout logically inconsistent tropes, but this is a bit of a doozy.  "Overturn the vote so our electoral process is respected again!"

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sorry, I've been busy and out of the loop somewhat this week, but is he trying to make "Wisdom and Courage" some sort of catch phrase like "MAGA"?  He keeps tweeting it and capitalizing the words as if they're proper nouns.   Is there going to be a new red hat for his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th terms?

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

All these publicans, if in a room with trump, would all inhale and take a deep breath if he was to fart.   Just pathetic lemmings, who have the inability to think for themselves.

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sorry, I've been busy and out of the loop somewhat this week, but is he trying to make "Wisdom and Courage" some sort of catch phrase like "MAGA"?  He keeps tweeting it and capitalizing the words as if they're proper nouns.   Is there going to be a new red hat for his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th terms?

wack hannibal buress GIF

Wisdom and Courage Karens

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The president is begging the Supreme Court to make him a dictator. 

Imagine for a second that he somehow succeeds in this dotard endeavor. There would be no election in 2024 would there?

Dictators have elections all the time, and 95% of the people vote for them. The ones who don't vote for them are from small fringe parties that the dictator supplies with cash to maintain the fiction of Democracy.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The president is begging the Supreme Court to make him a dictator. 

Imagine for a second that he somehow succeeds in this dotard endeavor. There would be no election in 2024 would there?

There would be.  But it wouldn't matter.  It would already be decided.  Red states can overturn the results of elections in blue states, or at least destroy the states' ability to vote, kicking everything to legislatures that the GOP controls, because reasons.  So, the outcome is predetermined.