Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, immamac said:

so...seriously when do people get involved and get this fucking guy out of the office, he's clearly completely lost it and is being treasonously destructive on his way out. Either you let him commit treason and charge him after the inauguration or you remove him now and let him throw a tantrum. 

I don't understand the long game here from anyone are they waiting till Jan 5 cuz of the run-offs? 

I’ve been saying this since 2017. 

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m trying to find an alternative to calling these fellas “pussies,” because despite being as hurtful as intended I think it elevates them beyond their worth to equate them figuratively with the vagina and falsely associates them with women.  I’m having trouble coming up with anything punchy enough, however,  so I’m still throwing “pussy” around.  
Anyway and my daughter were talking about it, and she said her two favorites are “I bet you can’t swim” and “you seem like someone with a peanut allergy.”

incel

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

They all ready are or did you forget February?

Oddly, I hadn't. Do you know some law that says once you've escaped conviction for one crime you can't be indicted and convicted of another?

His crimes rise to impeachment and conviction. He did now learn his lesson. Perhaps you've been sleeping since Feb.?

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also:

If I had a hammer

I'd hammer in the morning

I'd hammer in the evening

All over this land

I'd hammer out danger

I'd hammer out a warning

I'd hammer out love between

My brothers and my sisters

All over this land...

Peter, Paul, and Mary drew some of their inspiration from folk singers such as Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger (who was the original performer and coauthor of the song above) , and the Weavers. They sing the songs of protest, of love, of life, and the struggle to put food on the table.

They tried to tell us, but we humans are slooow learners and we forget.

So, at a proTrump rally in DC, watch and listen to a devout supporter of Trump. She has brought a hammer (gavel). Goldwater is in his grave feeling every single one of those 'thumps.'

is no king but jesus supposed to be in support of trump?

51 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

incel

In all likelihood they are, but I appreciate @Bozo_Casanovaattempting to steer away from the feminine label. They think of themselves as Spartans, patriots, alpha males, warriors of the old school Viking class but it's a lot of toddler energy I see when I watch the videos and listen to them speak. Misdirected rage and hate at the world.

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

is no king but jesus supposed to be in support of trump?

That's a puzzler isn't it?  I listen to a lot of them speak, people like Paula White, other folks like Michelle Bachman et. al. In the story of the birth of Christ as told through Luke (KJV), Chapter 2 verse 19: but Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. I think about that verse a lot. Seems to me that there needs to be a lot more heart pondering and a lot less talking going on. Jesus said not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. Likewise, using religious speech as a gilding for the sins of your actions makes for a brittle soul that breaks under stress.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Damaging the country has been his intention since day 1. He may not be completely aware of it but it’s true. 

He's always had the mindset that the US needs to be burnt to the ground then rebuilt according to his plan.   He's on record saying that years ago.  

Going through all this court shit was an attempt to do just that, to destroy our system.   He'll just keep tweeting and yelling like he planned to do if he had lost the election in 16.  

His undoing will be the numerous investigations that will proceed now.  His fear of being exposed as a crooked traitor and gasp - loser, will cause him to ratchet up his game.   Hopefully he starts providing dope on his enablers and they get exposed as well.   They will start feeding on each other.

Biden is steering clear of it, but you know others will begin that process.   Which is pretty smart, because then it shows Biden was more interested in rebuilding instead of thumping trump.  He knows Trump is so complicit in so many things, that something will blow up on him.  And like someone said, it might be his own head blowing up.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In all likelihood they are, but I appreciate @Bozo_Casanovaattempting to steer away from the feminine label. They think of themselves as Spartans, patriots, alpha males, warriors of the old school Viking class but it's a lot of toddler energy I see when I watch the videos and listen to them speak. Misdirected rage and hate at the world.

That's a puzzler isn't it?  I listen to a lot of them speak, people like Paula White, other folks like Michelle Bachman et. al. In the story of the birth of Christ as told through Luke (KJV), Chapter 2 verse 19: but Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. I think about that verse a lot. Seems to me that there needs to be a lot more heart pondering and a lot less talking going on. Jesus said not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. Likewise, using religious speech as a gilding for the sins of your actions makes for a brittle soul that breaks under stress.

deplorables?   

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m trying to find an alternative to calling these fellas “pussies,” because despite being as hurtful as intended I think it elevates them beyond their worth to equate them figuratively with the vagina and falsely associates them with women.  I’m having trouble coming up with anything punchy enough, however,  so I’m still throwing “pussy” around.  
Anyway and my daughter were talking about it, and she said her two favorites are “I bet you can’t swim” and “you seem like someone with a peanut allergy.”

Incel works. smol pp works too. 

10 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

this is why the mike pompeo thread it titled as it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also:

If I had a hammer

I'd hammer in the morning

I'd hammer in the evening

All over this land

I'd hammer out danger

I'd hammer out a warning

I'd hammer out love between

My brothers and my sisters

All over this land...

Peter, Paul, and Mary drew some of their inspiration from folk singers such as Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger (who was the original performer and coauthor of the song above) , and the Weavers. They sing the songs of protest, of love, of life, and the struggle to put food on the table.

They tried to tell us, but we humans are slooow learners and we forget.

So, at a proTrump rally in DC, watch and listen to a devout supporter of Trump. She has brought a hammer (gavel). Goldwater is in his grave feeling every single one of those 'thumps.'

NO KING BAJEEZUS!

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Just call them snowflakes.  First, it’s true.  Second, that’s what they call other people because they think it’s especially hurtful (it’s projecting what they hate and find despicable, probably subconsciously about themselves).  

Third, it adds the extra layer of taunting by using their own words against them.  Do it with a smirk.  Throw in a “fuck your feelings” when you want to really twist the knife on a particularly obnoxious crybaby who just poured his soul into ranting and raving.  And say it in a completely dismissive, condescending way rather than like you’re actually bothered enough by him to be angry.  

Disclaimer - I’d rather we all come together and be nice to each other, but if you’re going to be mean, at least get your money’s worth. 

I ran across a guy in the wilds of social media that get all bent out of shape because a woman legislator in Pennsylvania had the nerve to speak out against the treasonous PA GOP and said something like "You're going to get what you deserve."  She even had the audacity to say these things while being black which got the Trumpanzees all in a tiff.

I asked the OP, "Poor little snowflake, did the mean black woman scare you?"  Heads exploded, it was glorious.  Would repeat.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I ran across a guy in the wilds of social media that get all bent out of shape because a woman legislator in Pennsylvania had the nerve to speak out against the treasonous PA GOP and said something like "You're going to get what you deserve."  She even had the audacity to say these things while being black which got the Trumpanzees all in a tiff.

I asked the OP, "Poor little snowflake, did the mean black woman scare you?"  Heads exploded, it was glorious.  Would repeat.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

still need 20 pubs to remove. 2+ just to admit evidence and hear witnesses. zero point zero chance. 

I'm not being clear enough because smart posters aren't seeing my point. Or I'm not seeing that I have no point. Let's review.

The president is willfully harming the country by abusing his power to:

• Influence the states in their election proceedings.
  • Using the interegnum to harm the interests of the US out of spite.

Impeach. Those are grave offenses. We have not reached a point where Trump can shoot a man on national TV and both not lose votes and escape prosecution. Those are different things.

If this were a purely criminal case, a prosecutor should not halt indictment for fear a jury will not do their duty. With clear evidence, a prosecutor prosecutes. In this case:

The president is trying to overturn an election he lost to remain in power. This is tyranny and the embodiment of an anti-constitutional act thus a violation of oath and an egregious abuse of power perhaps even treason.

The abundance of witnesses, self-incriminating communications, and electronically recorded acts make plain the validity of these charges.

Indict.

Put it on the jury.

Win or lose, you've done you're duty.

I'll use another allghory. A foreign country devastates our Pacific Fleet, seizes key islands in the Pacific including the Phillipines, and stands as the greatest power in the Eastern Hemisphere. They offer peace if we accept the current status quo.

Do we tamely accept the terms for fear that we might lose a war? No. We fight. We try the fortunes of war.

Had the Japanese sunk our carriers at Midway and overrun Guadalcanal then destroyed our invasion fleet staging to retake Luzon, do we tamely submit?

No. We fucking fight. This place, at its best, is worth it.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm not being clear enough because smart posters aren't seeing my point. Or I'm not seeing that I have no point. Let's review.

The president is willfully harming the country by abusing his power to:

• Influence the states in their election proceedings.
  • Using the interegnum to harm the interests of the US out of spite.

Impeach. Those are grave offenses. We have not reached a point where Trump can shoot a man on national TV and both not lose votes and escape prosecution. Those are different things.

If this were a purely criminal case, a prosecutor should not halt indictment for fear a jury will not do their duty. With clear evidence, a prosecutor prosecutes. In this case:

The president is trying to overturn an election he lost to remain in power. This is tyranny and the embodiment of an anti-constitutional act thus a violation of oath and an egregious abuse of power perhaps even treason.

The abundance of witnesses, self-incriminating communications, and electronically recorded acts make plain the validity of these charges.

Indict.

Put it on the jury.

Win or lose, you've done you're duty.

I'll use another allghory. A foreign country devastates our Pacific Fleet, seizes key islands in the Pacific including the Phillipines, and stands as the greatest power in the Eastern Hemisphere. They offer peace if we accept the current status quo.

Do we tamely accept the terms for fear that we might lose a war? No. We fight. We try the fortunes of war.

Had the Japanese sunk our carriers at Midway and overrun Guadalcanal then destroyed our invasion fleet staging to retake Luzon, do we tamely submit?

No. We fucking fight. This place, at its best, is worth it.

Exactly. If the Republican cowards in the senate don’t want to remove mean old trump then that’s their choice but they should be forced to make it. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they would just say “the president has every right to file court cases”. the ukraine situation seemed like more of a slam dunk. also there’s not nearly enough time. he’s gone in 35 days. 

the gop congressmen are showing worse behavior right now than the president. 

This.  And also, the R congress critters have been showing worse behavior than the president the whole time by standing by and letting him do everything he does.  They are complicit traitors.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean. The past 4 years have proven it works. 

It has crossed my mind that maybe it is true, but it wasn’t corrupt enough to re-elect the president. 
I don’t think we will ever know, because we never do. The premise of Democracy is that we collectively agree to put disputed matters (such as who gets to lead the executive branch) to a vote and then accept the outcome and the process in good faith, rather than taking up arms against each other.

That’s what makes this past week so dangerous. As one of the judges pointed out: we’re essentially talking about a casus belli.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

My friends, maybe it's because this is primarily a football site, but I feel like I'm talking about why not to bet that it works. I'm not placing a bet. I'm wanting Congress to do it's duty. Do it swiftly to prevent harm. Fuck Congress' traditional timetables. I don't care.

Move now. A criminal malefactor is in the White House. Impeachment rules are not suspended due to stodgy notions of gracial movement.

If you move against my beloved, I will move against you. I will move swiftly and with the intent to take you out. I don't believe this is an uncommon sentiment.

I'll abandon the point for now because I don't seem to be carrying it, and I'm surprised by that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

The right thing would be to impeach him again. Doing so is also probably a huge politics loser, just like the president. It just feeds into the delusion that this “massive fraud” is being covered up. The wise play is probably to let the presidential tantrum burn itself out. You don’t get out of this situation without damage either way.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean. The past 4 years have proven it works. 

25 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It has crossed my mind that maybe it is true, but it wasn’t corrupt enough to re-elect the president. 
I don’t think we will ever know, because we never do.

I misread your post. Reading comprehension is hard 

Edited by Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

The right thing would be to impeach him again. Doing so is also probably a huge politics loser, just like the president. It just feeds into the delusion that this “massive fraud” is being covered up. The wise play is probably to let the presidential tantrum burn itself out. You don’t get out of this situation without damage either way.

Solid point. The Congresspersons willing to override his veto shows that some GOPs may want distance.

Putting impeachment/conviction to vote in the Senate will be divisive and inflammatory to the electorate. No doubt. It will also give us the opportunity to have Trump's case crippled by further repudiation by a majority of both houses representing the people. It may (may!) weaken him as a poitical force as well as diminish his absurd claims to be the choice of a majority of Americans.

23 minutes ago, Mole said:

Not to mention impeaching a President in 45 days is a herculean task that is beyond the bumblefucks we have in congress.

• Haha 1

We've already seen impeachment won't work with a Republican controlled Senate. The 25th won't work because his cabinet is made up of bootlickers. We're just going to have to ride this out, hope GA flips and then start to clean this mess up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

25th Amendment remains available.to remove early (and immediately). Just need Cabinet members reminded they took an oath to put the nation's laws and Constitution ahead of the whims of Donald Trump. 

0% probability this Cabinet (a cackle of cowardly hyenas) does its duties under the 25th Amendment.

Serenity now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This dude is gone in a month.  I fully agree that this and plenty of other actions more than justify impeachment but shit, that would be an incredible gift to the GOP during Georgia special elections. All of the sudden it’s back to the victim narrative. 

Eyes on the ball, let him flounder and bloviate and go win the Senate. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

This dude is gone in a month.  I fully agree that this and plenty of other actions more than justify impeachment but shit, that would be an incredible gift to the GOP during Georgia special elections. All of the sudden it’s back to the victim narrative. 
Eyes on the ball, let him flounder and bloviate and go win the Senate. 

It’s the only practical strategic path. It is utterly wrong that things are that way....but that’s the way the GOP has chosen to make it.
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

My friends, maybe it's because this is primarily a football site, but I feel like I'm talking about why not to bet that it works. I'm not placing a bet. I'm wanting Congress to do it's duty. Do it swiftly to prevent harm. Fuck Congress' traditional timetables. I don't care.

Move now. A criminal malefactor is in the White House. Impeachment rules are not suspended due to stodgy notions of gracial movement.

If you move against my beloved, I will move against you. I will move swiftly and with the intent to take you out. I don't believe this is an uncommon sentiment.

I'll abandon the point for now because I don't seem to be carrying it, and I'm surprised by that.

the point is strong, the anger is real, the whole thing is legit.  but it won't/can't work, and i don't think it's the correct response.  this situation is unprecedented so i don't really know what the correct response is.

i would love to see every dem avail, and (god willing) even a few republicans actually go in front of tv cameras with an "enough is enough" message.  it can throw some not-so-subtle back-handed pokes at the toddler in the oval, but it should be about respecting democracy and america and all we hold dear, and how we have a long tradition of a smooth transition of power, and without our institutions, we are lost. 

it should be about unity and moving forward.  don't even acknowledge the flailing, because once you do, you start having to actually discuss the "merits" which basically means you're acknowledging that there are any.  do what the supreme court (and every other court) has done.  dismiss it quickly and quietly. 

this isn't a fight.  this is trump waiting by himself in a wrestling ring with no opponent and no audience.  make him out to be the crazy lone-nut lunatic.  it's not that hard a sell.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

this isn't a fight.  this is trump waiting by himself in a wrestling ring with no opponent and no audience.  make him out to be the crazy lone-nut lunatic.  it's not that hard a sell.

I dont know that I would agree with that. He is far from alone. His opponent at this point is our democracy, and his audience is the significant number of magtards that apparently the vast majority of GOP congressman refuse to alienate. We'll just keep blowing by every "deadline" that is supposed to be the end of it, because the entirety of the GOP has no way out. 

• Hook 'Em 1