Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

8 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah there are a bunch of streets there.  Gun FIght, Sixgun, Gatling Gun, Shotgun, Ft. Worth Trail and Boothill.  The really ironic thing is, it's an unincorporated area, and right next to that neighborhood is small ranch where people target practice, and the neighborhood group is constantly complaining about gunshots.

Why is this ironic?

Yeah there are a bunch of streets there.  Gun FIght, Sixgun, Gatling Gun, Shotgun, Ft. Worth Trail and Boothill.  The really ironic thing is, it's an unincorporated area, and right next to that neighborhood is small ranch where people target practice, and the neighborhood group is constantly complaining about gunshots.

double post

Edited by honolulu horn
double post, how ironic

the rare triple post, wow

Edited by honolulu horn
triples

On 4/14/2018 at 9:34 PM, Baboontyme said:

This thread plus needing to sell my old projector got me to validate my identity and get my account reactivated. 

One of the first threads I see already had me shaking my head. My city's PD has a pretty active social media presence and Twitter account, with a pretty decent sense of humor. A few weeks ago there was a story locally about a K9 officer that got some attention so whoever runs the PD account in my town decided to post about why are there no police cats, and they are thinking about getting a police cat. This turned into a thing, the Humane Society and local news got on board, and the department/Twitter account ran with it decided that they were indeed getting a police cat and used it as kind of a promotional thing for the Humane Society but they actually did adopt a kitten and someone in the department owns it and cares for it privately, etc. 

Do I really need to go on? This is obviously a HUGE waste of taxpayer funds and resources. I hope everyone DOES get a big kick out of this "police cat" because WE'RE the ones footing the bill for it!

Police cat has feline leukemia. Not going to end well for Pawcifer Badges. Nor the Taxpayers. Especially after the PD wastes additional taxpayer funds looking for a replacement Police cat. 

How can Round Rock solve I-35 congestion problems?

Lower the price on tolls on 130/45 until the traffic balances. It may even generate more revenue. For example. What it cutting tolls in half raised traffic on toll roads 3 times? 50% more profit and less traffic on I35.. WIN WIN

On 5/8/2018 at 1:27 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

They run all the bayous and easements all over town, and they seem smart enough not to yip and howl while they are in town. I've never heard them or seen them in Houston but they are out there every night. 

And yet: THEY ARE ALL RABID, HAVE PAPER TAGS ON THEIR CARS, ARE NOT FROM YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, AND WANT TO RING YOUR DOORBELL AND TALK ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST. OR REDO ALL YOUR WINDOWS. OR PAINT YOUR CURBS.  

Versatile coyotes. 

i saw one behind my apartment complex trotting long the top of the buffalo bayou bank once about a decade ago, and another walking across memorial drive in the park not long after that.  haven't seen one since.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:00 AM, Celery Man said:

Yes these are real street names, and I don't live in Cut'n'Shoot.

Ahhh that’s it! Is there a community center at Gatling Gun and Gun Fight? For years, I was confused because I swear I had played a gig (birthday party, but still) before I knew Austin and remembered it as being at Gatling Gun and Slaughter. Must have been Gun Fight.

my manager lives in cut n' shoot and confirmed there are not street names like that up there.  whispering pines, twin oaks, whippoorwill, waukegan, those are street names up there. 

my next door doesn't have much except for this drunk guy who went up to the wrong house, knocked and tried to enter, and stuck around so long the cops showed up:

https://ring.com/share/6553115032698650417 

On 4/27/2018 at 2:20 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I don't even know what to make of this.  How do you lose a large turtle?  "Bruce" weighs 50 lb and is larger than most throw pillows, but somehow he sped away.

I live on the outskirts of town and had a 100 lb Sulcata wonder into my property about 2 years ago. I kept him for about a month or two waiting to see something about a lost tortoise, but never did (he probably got too big for someone and they went out and dumped him).  

During his time with me, he escaped twice. Once by prying my gate open and the neighbors stopped him before getting too far. The next time he somehow pushed back the chain link fence enough to get under it and I never saw him again. 

He was cool, but I never really seriously looked for him after he escaped. He was becoming a bit of a hassle, always seemed to be trying to get out and I didn’t really trust him around my kids (he’d bite right through a watermelon rind and was a little aggressive).  It was funny watching him and my French Bulldog “chase” each other around the yard.  For being slow, he could cover some ground. 

Anyway, CSB and hopefully “Turdle” has found the home he was looking for (yes, I know he’s actually a tortoise).

So there was a home invasion where a woman was reportedly assaulted and brutally raped in our neighborhood.  

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/mother-of-4-attacked-raped-in-w-houston-home/285-550184240

People were freaking the fuck out.  I have lived in this neighborhood (Afton Oaks) for 12 years.  We simply have never had any violent crimes.

Almost immediately we started hearing the real story.  That it was the husband who has a long history of domestic violence.  I know the next-door neighbor and they have video from their cell phone through an open window showing the assault.  Now it's on our Next-door:

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=82299124

Jim Kirkpatrick

,Mid Lane·3d ago

There's more to this story - let it come out. Not to let your guard down, but apparently there weren't two men from outside the neighborhood that attacked the woman.

It was the husband.

, Mid Lane·1d ago

Molly, initially because it was reported as a home invasion with brutal consequences by 2 strangers, the intent was not to gossip but to make our neighborhood aware of the crime and to be observant and not open their doors to unknown people.

Again, your intentions may be sincere but this is in no way a private issue because it was widely reported, there will be arrests, and no one exists in our neighborhood or in our City that doesn’t know about it. So, I’m unclear what you are trying to save this family from that they have not already endured. If anything, this family needs support and love from our neighbors. We have in Afton Oaks and West Lane a “Neighborhood Watch” and this website is a part of our in involvement to ensure communication flows whether it is for lost pets, robberies or anything that keeps us secure. This website has always addressed crime and I can’t think of a more important issue for which we should be aware or a better venue to get that information. So we can agree to disagree. And I’ll sign off on this issue permanently because we are not ever coming to the same conclusion. Thanks. I do appreciate both schools of thought.

, Briarhollow·

It is terrible what this woman is going through, I agree. None of us know the details but in general, why is it ok to talk about two strangers forcing themselves in the house and not ok to talk about if it is domestic violence? Why does the news cover a random home invasion but not a violent domestic incident? The silence around domestic violence allows it to continue. 1 in 3 women will be victims of domestic violence in their lifetime. That is a terrible statistic and it crosses all socio-economic levels. Victims of this crime don’t get the help they need because of this hush-hush mentality. We need to create an environment where a victim doesn’t feel shamed but instead supported and praised for heroically surviving. As neighbors, it should be just as important to know if it’s a random attack or if it’s domestic violence. I would want a DV victim neighbor to know that she doesn’t have to be silent & hide it and that I was available to help her. Domestic violence shouldn’t be a private matter, it is a woman who as a victim of a violent crime needs support to make it stop and to recover and a criminal who needs to be stopped.

Update on my neighborhood duck killer. This came via email but the post has been deleted so don’t know the full details of his charges. 

099e0875cf74ddd8e5b096679f5c65e9.jpg

This is from her Facebook.

Ok, guys, I have some news!!! Today, May 14, 2018 - 48 days after Block drowned five innocent ducklings - because of our persistence and cooperation and as a result of an active search warrant, Bob turned himself in to the authorities today!

Here are the facts: May 14, 2018

He was charged with five counts of animal cruelty.
He was charged with a felony.
He turned himself in (locally). He did not leave the state.
His bail was 25,000
He bonded out.
The FWC is still working on the wildlife endangerment charges, waiting to confirm the DNA of the species in order to pursue further charges.

The records are now public. I will be obtaining copies of all case docs.

This is now the beginning of the court proceedings and currently in the hands of the State's Attorney's Office. I will be asked to be a witness, which is very rare, according to the investigator, playing an essential part in getting the felony charges.

We are so pleased with the hard work of this department. I will keep you posted on any new developments.

The duck saga is gripping. Please keep us posted. I have to imagine Bob is going to cop some sort of a plea deal as long as the judge isn't a quack. 

We had a stray hen on our street that my wife and some other neighbors were trying to help home. No one knew who owned it, but the old crabby white guy down the street who never talks to anyone was sure it must belong to the new Muslim family. They were apparently going to slaughter it in his mind so they could have halal meat. Shockingly it turned out to belong to the young-ish single hippie chick who moved in 3 houses down from the Muslims. 

• Like 1

Bulk pickup time in the neighborhood.  Good times.

Anyone else experience bulk pickup rage today???

I had put out some "bulk pickup" items today and this guy (see bellow video and pic) decided to use my driveway for some onsite "processing." Basically, he smashed someone else's vacuum cleaner into pieces on my driveway to, it appears, get to some valuable innards (leaving behind the mess for me to clean-up). Anyone else receive a similar "gift" today?

067162b9394143d1805120d3285abcc9.png.max

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

17 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

Ruh roh those door to door criminals are back. Imagine if everyone called the cops on every salesman back in the day how would kids sell magazines?

2sa01sp.png

Please reply and suggest the white cloth may be coated with chloroform.  

On 4/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, skipperj said:

It’s bulk pickup weekend. I expect people bitching about the scavenging poors roaming the neighborhood soon. 

It was around the date of this post that I noticed a neighborhood by the shop (bad, BAD area) had all kinds of bulk trash, junk furniture etc lined up down the street.  The next day you would have sworn there was a block long garage sale going on.  Homeless people were strapping bed frames, mattresses, nasty ass old living room chairs etc to shopping carts, homemade wagons etc and dragging them off.   By the next day the street side was nearly empty, so the bulk trash haulers had very little to deal with.

Sad situation, but at the same time "someone" is getting use out of the junk.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:46 PM, Baboontyme said:

The duck saga is gripping. Please keep us posted. I have to imagine Bob is going to cop some sort of a plea deal as long as the judge isn't a quack. 

We had a stray hen on our street that my wife and some other neighbors were trying to help home. No one knew who owned it, but the old crabby white guy down the street who never talks to anyone was sure it must belong to the new Muslim family. They were apparently going to slaughter it in his mind so they could have halal meat. Shockingly it turned out to belong to the young-ish single hippie chick who moved in 3 houses down from the Muslims. 

Sounds like your neighborhood is going to hell.

But need pics of the single hippie chick to be sure.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:21 PM, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Update on my neighborhood duck killer. This came via email but the post has been deleted so don’t know the full details of his charges. 

099e0875cf74ddd8e5b096679f5c65e9.jpg

Does this mean I should turn myself in for choking my chicken?

Ring advertises so much on Nextdoor that I am convinced that they have plant accounts on there to tell stories about random door knockers they captured on Ring Video, to try and scare people into buying more video camera systems.

That is my conspiracy theory and I own it, and I look forward to the victory lap when Nextdoor gets busted for this.

There is no fucking way on earth that this many people in my neighborhood have a Ring system.

Call the National Guard...

Dead Animal Dumped in Recycle Bin

On Monday, May 14, our recycle bin was dumped late and we had already put cars away, so we left the bin out on the street overnight. My husband rolled the bin up the driveway Tuesday afternoon when he got home from work. Shortly after I got home--around 5 p.m., I took some junk mail out to the recycle bin. When I opened the lid, I found a white kitchen drawstring garbage bag inside. The bag was untied and open and contained something wrapped in silver mylar/reflective type material, like a windshield sun shade. I could see an animal foot sticking out, but I couldn't tell what type of animal it was. I was shocked to say the least. I called the Pasadena Humane Society, and they dispatched an Animal Control Officer. The officer removed the bag, and inside we found a large, dead adult raccoon. The poor creature's mouth was bound by silver duct tape. The body was not mangled, and there was no blood or other evidence of abuse. The animal was dumped sometime between 4:30 p.m. Monday when our bin was emptied and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday when my husband got home. I'm not sure what could have happened to this poor animal.

Responses:

Oh no.....Keep your own animals close to home....(because someone is out there stalking and torturing small animals)

IF someone is hurting and animal, there's a huge chance this behavior will escalate! If anyone knows anything about this dead animal, your tip can anonymously be reported to Los Angeles Crime Stoppers www.lacrimestoppers.org (on line tip); download the free mobile app P3 Tips (photos and videos accepted); or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). All of your information is encrypted. If your tip leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for up to$1,000 reward. Please, do the right thing!

Natalie is correct. While not normally a domestic animal, this action definitely constitutes animal cruelty & should be punishable. Those in the area, I hope you are able to find something/someone that points to this horrific act.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, Johnny Sack said:

So there was a home invasion where a woman was reportedly assaulted and brutally raped in our neighborhood.  

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/mother-of-4-attacked-raped-in-w-houston-home/285-550184240

People were freaking the fuck out.  I have lived in this neighborhood (Afton Oaks) for 12 years.  We simply have never had any violent crimes.

Almost immediately we started hearing the real story.  That it was the husband who has a long history of domestic violence.  I know the next-door neighbor and they have video from their cell phone through an open window showing the assault.  Now it's on our Next-door:

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=82299124

Update, husband arrested.  Vietnamese guy who was an Executive with Direct Energy.  Charged with sexual assault.  He and his wife originally reported it as a break in and rape by two black males.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/husband-arrested-in-connection-to-wifes-rape-at-afton-oaks-home