Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

On 5/31/2018 at 1:08 PM, Okie State said:

Locals regularly recommend Red River BBQ around me. I can't comprehend how anyone can think that place is edible.

Some guy also asked where the best BBQ in the Austin area was and 95% of the responses were Salt Lick.

Yup, I see that all the time.  I don't correct them, maybe they won't ever find the really good places.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, utee94 said:
Yup, I see that all the time.  I don't correct them, maybe they won't ever find the really good places.  

Every now and then one of them will stumble upon one of the good places and then promptly bitch about the price and the mac & cheese.

Good... good.  Excellent... 

Whoever stated earlier that Ring is behind all the Nextdoor hysteria is 100% accurate IMO.

I looked at it for a few minutes last night and they've got to be trolling the shit out of that site in a way that would make the Russian bots proud.

Ringing a doorbell has become a crime against humanity and every housewife now writes reports on there like she's Detective Joe Friday.

Some of these folks are living life in fear and only viewing the world through the lens of their Ring camera.  Sad really, but funny as shit too.

Some fucker in the marketing dept. at Ring is getting a nice payday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Whoever stated earlier that Ring is behind all the Nextdoor hysteria is 100% accurate IMO.

I looked at it for a few minutes last night and they've got to be trolling the shit out of that site in a way that would make the Russian bots proud.

Ringing a doorbell has become a crime against humanity and every housewife now writes reports on there like she's Detective Joe Friday.

Some of these folks are living life in fear and only viewing the world through the lens of their Ring camera.  Sad really, but funny as shit too.

The paranoia started before Ring came around, they just saw it and found a way to get rich off of it.  And now their product just fuels the fire more. 

2 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Sounds like a future episode of Black Mirror.

I'm not about to post the longcat back and forth to this post, but suffice it to say a warm CostCo is a BIG DEAL to some people.

Air Conditioning problems at Costco Research Blvd store

I was at Costco Research Blvd store today & was overwhelmed by the heat & asked a clerk what the problem was. She reported that Management has been unresponsive to the employees complaints about the heat. I spoke with a Manager who told me they are well aware of the problem & that the cost to replace the air conditioning is expensive & will involve a helicopter. When I inquired when it would be repaired he said not to expect any improvement until Fall. Hopefully if enough customers complain to Costco they will consider expediting the project. We are only there for an hour or so but the employees are miserable and feel that the members have the only voice management will respond to. I encourage Costco members to complain on line about this issue for our comfort as well as all the employees at our local Costco.

A Rescued Baby Bird

I have rescued a baby bird and am looking for immediate rescue!!! He can not fly and is not eating. PLEASE HELP!!!!

One of our cats has killed no less than 4 birds and deposited them around our house in the last week alone.  Yesterday it was a small dove.  She dropped it at my daughter's feet and then rolled around looking for praise.  I praised her and threw it in the trash.  I did not try to resuscitate. 

19 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

One of our cats has killed no less than 4 birds and deposited them around our house in the last week alone.  Yesterday it was a small dove.  She dropped it at my daughter's feet and then rolled around looking for praise.  I praised her and threw it in the trash.  I did not try to resuscitate. 

one of our childhood cats was a hunter.  took out an owl, tons of birds and rabbits.  it dropped a still breathing rabbit on our porch and me and little bro wanted to save it.  Dad said take it to grandpa.  Grandpa took the rabbit, grasp it by the hindlegs and beat its head against a brick wall to put it out of its misery.  WTF grandpa?

Anyone available to help me with a squirrel rescue? It appears to be a young squirrel that our dog almost got. I’m pretty sure it’s back left leg is broken. I don’t have a pet kennel, so I’m not sure how to safely pick it up and put it in anything. I’ve called a small animal wildlife rescue but they haven’t returned my call.

I am not sure about a squirrel rescue but I have a squirrel recipe that may help.

I’ve seen squirrels cause $3000 in damage under the hood of a car. They’re good for nothing except target practice. BTW, they taste like chicken.

My neighbors do not disappoint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

one of our childhood cats was a hunter.  took out an owl, tons of birds and rabbits.  it dropped a still breathing rabbit on our porch and me and little bro wanted to save it.  Dad said take it to grandpa.  Grandpa took the rabbit, grasp it by the hindlegs and beat its head against a brick wall to put it out of its misery.  WTF grandpa?

Was your Grandpa Dwight Schrute?

• Like 1

Our latest Nextdoor issue was some lame dick was complaining about people drinking beer at our pool. “It’s against the rules and there are kids around “. I go to the pool all the time and there are never any issues with people getting out of hand. People usually bring a couple of beers With them in a small cooler. It’s not like they are bringing in 60 qt Yetis of beer.

Just love people trying to tell others how to live their life. Like kids don’t get exposed to alcohol at every restaurant. Hell, didn’t Chuck E Cheese sell pitchers of beer ?

56 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

Our latest Nextdoor issue was some lame dick was complaining about people drinking beer at our pool. “It’s against the rules and there are kids around “. I go to the pool all the time and there are never any issues with people getting out of hand. People usually bring a couple of beers With them in a small cooler. It’s not like they are bringing in 60 qt Yetis of beer.

Just love people trying to tell others how to live their life. Like kids don’t get exposed to alcohol at every restaurant. Hell, didn’t Chuck E Cheese sell pitchers of beer ?

They have from time to time but it never ends well 

Some old timer posted a diatribe about the weekly testing of tornado sirens and how they ruin his day every Wednesday, apparently. 

When his initial post was met with much snark, he proceeded to post one irate novel after another about the dangers of hearing loss, how firefighters are suing their cities for hearing loss after years of riding in fire trucks. 

I want to continue to make fun of the guy but I am afraid he might show up at my front door with a shotgun. 

3 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

This is so weird.  All the neighborhoods I've lived in have anyways banned alcohol at the pool.   Then I take my kids to a pool party at nearby neighborhood and all the adults have their little soft coolers of beer and box wine.   Not even hiding  it.  

It took a long time before I realized that most Dads drink a shit ton of beer . . . daily.  It's the kids who always pull back the curtain.  "What's your dad's favorite hobby?"  "Drinking beer in the garage and yelling the F word."

I smuggled a box of wine into our first Cub Scout campout and felt kinda sheepish that the next den over was passing around what seemed to be gallons of tequila and whiskey, and singing loudly while some dude played really bad guitar until probably 3 AM.

• Like 2

Yep. There was a lot of liquor consumed at the dads and daughters Girl Scout campouts. I didn’t even know any of them really. But it seemed like everyone showed up with something to drink “just in case.” The first dad that broke out a drink, within 10 minutes 80% of the dads had a drink.

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

Some old timer posted a diatribe about the weekly testing of tornado sirens and how they ruin his day every Wednesday, apparently. 

When his initial post was met with much snark, he proceeded to post one irate novel after another about the dangers of hearing loss, how firefighters are suing their cities for hearing loss after years of riding in fire trucks. 

I want to continue to make fun of the guy but I am afraid he might show up at my front door with a shotgun. 

I live by a quarry and they do blasting every other Wednesday for like an hour tops (maybe 8-10 blasts total) and like clockwork some retired guy or housewife will make a post asking if anyone felt that earthquake which is always followed by a long diatribe about how the blasting is ruining everyone’s life.  I’ve got past the point of being amused by it.

They have from time to time but it never ends well   

Never is inaccurate. I have had a beer or two at Peter Piper Pizza approximately 6,000 times without incident. I think the beer actually keeps the incidents down.

Also, I do not live in Miami.

I like that Halloween has turned into an excuse for parents to drink openly in the neighborhood. Margarita stations, beer coolers, wine tables setup in the driveway every few houses. I don't remember it being like that when I was a kid, but maybe I was just too zoned in on the mission at hand to notice.

My tradition these days is a bomber of Pumpkinator in a discreet cup as I take my kids around to trick-or-treat.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:08 PM, Sbbruin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

16 hours ago, skipperj said:

Yep. There was a lot of liquor consumed at the dads and daughters Girl Scout campouts. I didn’t even know any of them really. But it seemed like everyone showed up with something to drink “just in case.” The first dad that broke out a drink, within 10 minutes 80% of the dads had a drink.

Dad #1 should get a merit badge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

I like that Halloween has turned into an excuse for parents to drink openly in the neighborhood. Margarita stations, beer coolers, wine tables setup in the driveway every few houses. I don't remember it being like that when I was a kid, but maybe I was just too zoned in on the mission at hand to notice.

Not to get TOO old man here, but back in my day our parents sent us out on our own.  They all holed up inside and prayed the doorbell wouldn't ring.

Now, I think there's a much stronger helicopter thing going on and parents of any kid younger than middle school just can't imagine Buffy & Jody walking around on their own, so they tag along.  The liquor just takes the edge off.

Not to get TOO old man here, but back in my day our parents sent us out on our own.  They all holed up inside and prayed the doorbell wouldn't ring.
Now, I think there's a much stronger helicopter thing going on and parents of any kid younger than middle school just can't imagine Buffy & Jody walking around on their own, so they tag along.  The liquor just takes the edge off.
Oh, my kids will absolutely go on their own in a few years. They're one and four right now though.

18 hours ago, skipperj said:

Our Boy Scout troop is very much a zero tolerance troop when it comes to alcohol.  So I have had to go undercover, so to speak.

22 hours ago, skipperj said:

You should move away from housing next to a quarry.

It don’t bother me.  They’re closing it up in 2 years and probably building a middle school and a park on the land.  The biggest negative to me is all the dust that pours out on Anderson Mill and gets my car dirty when I drive by and like I said that should be gone by 2020.

10 hours ago, Okie State said:

My tradition these days is a bomber of Pumpkinator in a discreet cup as I take my kids around to trick-or-treat.

My dad used to make me ask the homeowners for another beer for my dad whenever we got to the house of someone he knew. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

My dad used to make me ask the homeowners for another beer for my dad whenever we got to the house of someone he knew. 

I never ever ever remember my parents going trick or treating with us in the ‘70’s.  It was always a group of us neighborhood kids together.  When we got older we gave up the trick or treating to taking the girls to the local haunted house, and get some cheap 13-yr old feel-ups when the girls got scared.  

• Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not about to post the longcat back and forth to this post, but suffice it to say a warm CostCo is a BIG DEAL to some people.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:49 PM, hornbri said:

Hi neighbor!

Hello neighbors!  My favorite part about that thread is every now and then an old lady will post something along the lines of, "I was in there at 3:00 this afternoon and it felt just fine to me."  Well, of course it did!

I was told there aren’t anymore dads and daughters Girl Scout campouts anymore, you know because #metoo and all.

At least we haven’t had any in the 5 years I’ve had a Girl Scout.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, tbone_ said:

I was told there aren’t anymore dads and daughters Girl Scout campouts anymore, you know because #metoo and all.

At least we haven’t had any in the 5 years I’ve had a Girl Scout.

We don't have them in my daughter's troop.  The moms go instead.  And they definitely utilize their Yetis to conceal the booze.

We do still have a daddy-daughter dance for both girl scouts and my daughter's dance class.  I've been to a couple, they were cute enough, but there's only so much awkward standing around talking to men I don't know about our daughters that I can take.