Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

Oh the trolling possibilities:

New Dance Club

I will be starting a Square Dance Club at the Amenity Center May 10. I invite you to come and try it. It will meet your physical and mental exercise needs. Hope to see you there.

Edited by Jerry Callo

Shit, I would much rather see people out there living their best lives and doing what they find interesting, even if it's hokey shit like square dancing, instead of treating their home like a personal prison and calling 911 on anybody who steps foot near their property.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

She posted just now "All who oppose the gangs say I"

Within about 30 seconds I responded with "I"

Within another 30 seconds I got the notification on my phone, looked and I got a "Thanks" from Anna. Holy shit, the batshit is real. 

15 hours ago, TornACL said:

Shit, I would much rather see people out there living their best lives and doing what they find interesting, even if it's hokey shit like square dancing, instead of treating their home like a personal prison and calling 911 on anybody who steps foot near their property.

Square dancing is actually pretty taxing, both physically, mentally, and on the psyche.  Seriously. I’ve done it a few times and was tired and embarrassed each time.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Square dancing is actually pretty taxing, both physically, mentally, and on the psyche.  Seriously. I’ve done it a few times and was tired and embarrassed each time.  

I think you're looking for this thread: http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/813-things-youre-a-little-bit-embarrassed-to-admit/&

On 5/4/2018 at 2:53 PM, You don't know me said:

Someone needs to get on there as Carl Coyote and complain about all the terrifying people that have moved into the neighborhood.

I tried to pos emoticon you, but I accidentally neg emoticonned you. I tried to change my emotie, not sure if successful.

So, anyway, sorry about that.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:41 PM, Celery Man said:

Meanwhile we have people reporting coyote sightings.  No shit, they’re indigenous.  If you’re worried about your cat that you let roam free, just remember that it is the one that’s the invasive predator.

Coyote and bobcat sightings are about 50% of my nextdoor updates. The rest - 49% loose dogs and 1% I’m scared of black people

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Sorry I should have clarified - it was only the title that was interesting, didn't mean to post it as a link.

I have to admit, I'm a little curious.  I assume it is for some sort of humanitarian effort, but would any of us be surprised if it were some crazy person looking to corner the Haitian grocery bag market?

A few years ago, a friend and semi-neighbor of mine became convinced there was a "cat mutilator" in our area -- a sicko leaving bisected and otherwise drawn and quartered kitties "on display" in parks and yards. She even ID'd a suspect -- some fuckup kid in the neighborhood she called something like "the Night Rambler." All of this went out over the neighborhood Internet groups, and she raised such a fuss, Houston's print and TV media bit on it (ISWIDT) and HPD was forced into hosting a town hall meeting. There were at least a hundred people there.

The cop who hosted it was like, "Y'all. This is a coyote. Not a Night Rambler."  

That wasn't good enough for my friend, who is also very close friends with my wife, who is a cat fanatic, so we were on high alert around here this whole time. In friend's defense, her dad was an FBI agent, so she's always been a frustrated cop at heart, but still, I was trying to tell her, "Chill on this. It probably really is a coyote." And having to say the same thing to my wife...

Not two weeks later friend was out late with her husband riding their bikes home from some bar crawl and she personally saw the "Night Rambler" stalking a cat in her 'hood. And yes, the Night Rambler was a fucking coyote. Finally, she ended her campaign about the depredations of the sicko cat mutilator. At least she very publicly owned up to her mistake. 

And now the Night Rambler is back, but this time he's brought some friends with him. (Shot a block from my house a couple of weeks ago.)  https://video.nest.com/clip/27e9135364cb4998ab61c062535d4e25.mp4

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

I have to admit, I'm a little curious.  I assume it is for some sort of humanitarian effort, but would any of us be surprised if it were some crazy person looking to corner the Haitian grocery bag market?

It was some volunteer lady who is going down there to work with deaf people.

42 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A few years ago, a friend and semi-neighbor of mine became convinced there was a "cat mutilator" in our area -- a sicko leaving bisected and otherwise drawn and quartered kitties "on display" in parks and yards. She even ID'd a suspect -- some fuckup kid in the neighborhood she called something like "the Night Rambler." All of this went out over the neighborhood Internet groups, and she raised such a fuss, Houston's print and TV media bit on it (ISWIDT) and HPD was forced into hosting a town hall meeting. There were at least a hundred people there.

The cop who hosted it was like, "Y'all. This is a coyote. Not a Night Rambler."  

That wasn't good enough for my friend, who is also very close friends with my wife, who is a cat fanatic, so we were on high alert around here this whole time. In friend's defense, her dad was an FBI agent, so she's always been a frustrated cop at heart, but still, I was trying to tell her, "Chill on this. It probably really is a coyote." And having to say the same thing to my wife...

Not two weeks later friend was out late with her husband riding their bikes home from some bar crawl and she personally saw the "Night Rambler" stalking a cat in her 'hood. And yes, the Night Rambler was a fucking coyote. Finally, she ended her campaign about the depredations of the sicko cat mutilator. At least she very publicly owned up to her mistake. 

And now the Night Rambler is back, but this time he's brought some friends with him. (Shot a block from my house a couple of weeks ago.)  https://video.nest.com/clip/27e9135364cb4998ab61c062535d4e25.mp4

Lol.  That was some funny shit.  There was a house on the corner of Lindyann/Ella where some goth-type kids lived with their old parents.  The type of people who never came out of their house and never took care of their yard.  People were outwardly asking if maybe they had something to do with it.  I told someone "shit, those kids are too fat and lazy to bother trying.  All they want to do is wear baggy black clothes, eyeliner, and play video games all day."