Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

so with the kids comment, there are basically 4 options.

1) its Dad's 2nd phone- good chance of it being a tossaway/hookup phone, dad is a playa

2) its Mom's phone and she is a narcissist with her pic of herself as the home pic. 

3) Mom is having an affair and her side piece affair kept her pic as the home pic

4) someone else who hasnt told mom that they are in love with her, is skeezing/stalking mom.

I didn’t open the email today but i suspect many of you got the same email alert, “Deep Eddy Pool Closed (due to poop)”

the caddy shack stuff wrote itself 

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ms. Tamale Seller must be pretty damn quick to be able to round up her dog(s), pack her tamales and get out of dodge all before the other woman could ask a simple question.

You'd be pretty quick in packing your shit up and getting out of dodge if you were a Hispanic person living in Texas.  Practice, man.

• Like 1

There’s a lady that comes by my office around Christmas time. Best damn tamales. Some fucking assholes called the building manager about a solicitor and had her run off. She didn’t come back last year. Those pricks moved out of the building.

22 hours ago, kmac30 said:

There’s a lady that comes by my office around Christmas time. Best damn tamales. Some fucking assholes called the building manager about a solicitor and had her run off. She didn’t come back last year. Those pricks moved out of the building.

you work with Permit Patty?  

NW Hills local business warriors are upset that the "new" Starbucks is taking business away from Epoch Coffee on Far West:

Epoch coffee shop Far West

I feel bad for the folks that invested in EPOCH coffee on Far West. All that time and money to build something. Then a Starbucks opens. 2nights ago the Starbucks was packed and not one car at Epoch. Please try to support local businesses.

I won't quote the ensuing hilarity, but the two best points were:

1.  Epoch is not open at night

2.  Starbucks didn't "open", they've been there for years but were remodeling, whereas Epoch just opened a few blocks away

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather lick a cat's ass than drink Starbucks coffee, but homework, people.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 5:57 PM, Dbeasy said:

Gawd dammit I’m a patient man but when someone runs off the tamale lady I’ve got a problem with that. No bueno.

Only two solicitors I allow into our building are the tamale guy and the shrimp guy.  They both know they have permission to come in, no questions asked.

Everyone else gets a stern look and sees us point at the No Solicitation sign.

Some lady in our neighborhood made a post asking who she can call to fill up her pool.  Of course the first reply was "don't you have a garden hose?"

Apparently this lady wants the fire department to come out, hook up to the fire hydrant and blast water into her pool with a fire hose.

20 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Some lady in our neighborhood made a post asking who she can call to fill up her pool.  Of course the first reply was "don't you have a garden hose?"

Apparently this lady wants the fire department to come out, hook up to the fire hydrant and blast water into her pool with a fire hose.

I think you misunderstood when she said "I want the firemen to come and blast me with their hoses". 

Mean streets of the near-west suburbs are getting rough.  Be vigilant!  Drive safe!  God bless!

Almost hit by semi on City Park Rd!

As I'm driving down City Park Rd towards 2222 about 15 mins ago, a semi holding vehicles was speeding up City Park rd in the middle of both lanes! It almost hit us, my 2 yr old & I, head on! I was coming around the curve just before the dog grooming place & he was speeding up the hill I had to practically slam my brakes & almost hit the guard rail because I had no where to go. Didn't stop or anything, just casually went back over to one lane and kept going. So be aware there is a semi out there because I'm sure hes bound to come back down the road no slower than the way he went up. There are already tons of accidents on that road, I wouldn't want anyone to get hit.

Spoiler
, Greater Hillcrest Village·23h ago
I wished you had taken down his/her license plate. So glad you and your family are safe. Be vigilant and always be aware when you are driving.

Carrie Barnett

, The Courtyard·23h ago
Glad you are safe.

Brenda Madsen

, Lakewood·22h ago
Thanks for sharing your story, we surely need to be careful on that particular spot. Glad that you are all safe. Let be safe at driving , Everyone!

Michelle Michel

, Highland Park West Balcones·22h agoNew
It is a horrible stretch of road. I'm so glad you and your child are ok. We board our dog at Bed & Biscuit, that place right there in the curve. I have stopped even trying to turn left out of the kennel, for fear someone flying down that road will hit me because they can't see people turning onto the road, and it's a blind curve from the vantage of the kennel. We turn right, go to Shepard Mountain, and turn around off one of the side streets. It's a pain, but better than the possible consequences.

Binu Philip

, Shepherd Mountain·22h agoNew
I had a similar experience waiting to turn left from City Park Rd onto 2222. It was a large truck hauling gravel and was not able to stop for the red light. Fortunately the driver was blasting his horn to warn or else I would’ve been a pancake.

Susan Blackstock Mcalpin

, Greater Hillcrest Village·21h agoNew
I'm glad he didn't hit you, God bless you. Years ago I was almost hit in Oak Hill on Highway 290 by a semi carrying chickens. The driver must have fallen asleep .... so grateful there weren't any cars to my right as I had to run fast over onto the right of the road or else he would have hit me head on. It's never an experience you forget !!! May angels keep protecting you and yours !

Annie Fox

, Austin City Park·20h agoNew
We need to contact TXDOT. That road is so dangerous! And turning right onto 2222 is a hazard . I’m sorry for what happened to you !

2 Thanks
Krystal Aleman

, Shepherd Mountain·18h agoNew
I do wish I would have gotten the license plate number or at least the company name on the truck but that was all the last thing on my mind. I just recall the cab of the truck being red. That road there is too dangerous. Especially at night with no lights. I've seen the guard rails damaged there way too often.

39 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Not sure if they do it here in Austin, but that was absolutely something the fire departments did in Kansas City.  It was a lot cheaper than buying the water yourself, and of course, the pool filled up hella faster.  EDIT: although I dont think they plugged into the hydrant, I think the truck transported the water to you.

There were 2 downsides if you did this,  the first was, if a fire call happened during your pool filling, they would (obviously) leave, and most likely you would need to pay full price again for them to come out and fill the pool- although paying twice was still cheaper than filling the pool yourself. 

and  the second downside was your house was listed on what I would call the "pool water database" if the fire department ever needed emergency water, your pool was first on the list of those they would drain to get emergency water.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Today, The Amazon driver was racing once again carelessly through the neighborhood, swerving, screeching haults, dangerous turns, u-turns...unbelievable! He had several deliveries along our route so I tried to catch him and ask him to slow down. He saw me, swerved and sped off to the next delivery. I screamed for him to slow down when I saw him down the road running and jumping back in the van. I couldn’t catch him and didn’t have my phone, however another neighbor witnessed and also tried to get the plate. What is even more scary is that this guy knows we see him and he doesn’t seem to care. I called 311 and was given the following number to report for our district 512-974-8100. Please stay on this; we must protect our children!

Oh the humanity!!!  Stop ordering shit, won't be no shit.

19 hours ago, TornACL said:

How was she able to see him doing all this shit, making all these stops, and yet she was never able to catch up with him? Was she chasing after him in one of those walkers with the tennis balls for feet?

People kept texting her and she had to respond to the texts while she was driving. Slowed her down.