Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

6 hours ago, You don't know me said:

sure you did, you probably had that site bookmarked and just claimed that you googled it.

Be aware, there is a MALE SOLICITOR roaming Davenport Ranch:

MALE SOLICITOR last night 8:30

Monday night 8:30 SOLICITOR KNOCKED REALLY HARD ON MY FRONT DOOR I didnt understand what he was saying but asked him to leave. He walked on around our street white shirt, white shoes, dark pants, not a teenager, Did he come to your home?

Responses (note the "could be drugs" kicker):

Angela Doze

, Davenport Ranch·4h agoNew
Yes - he came to our house about 8:30 also and knocked really hard and rang our “Ring” doorbell and then left quickly when we turned lights on to answer the door. Very suspicious. We posted a picture of him on Ring Doorbell.

Jayme Tirres

Yes! He was selling magazine subscriptions. My daughter answered he door without permission (got in trouble thereafter). The man was very nice and seemed to be working on a good cause. But all in all he should Not be soliciting in our neighborhood.

Larry Doze

Right - he should not be soliciting - I can’t believe they even still do that 50 year old technique with the internet now. Courtyard has had quite a few houses broken into so we’re not taking any chances.

Laura Mewis

, Shepherd Mountain·3h agoNew
There was one in River Place around 8pm last night as well.

1 Thank
Terry Heckmann

, Lakewood·2h agoNew
sounds sketchy

1 Thank
Chris Burton

, Woods of Westlake Ren.·1h agoNew
That’s happened to me twice over the last 3 years here in the Woods of Westlake. One time it was even later, after 9pm on a Friday, and he knocked very hard. Kinda scary. Didn’t get a very good look at him because I didn’t want him to see me through a window and know I was home. Like yourself, we never answer our door for strangers. Maybe he’s disoriented from drugs.

Edited by jimmyjazz

I always love when the default question from the racist neighbors is "WHY ARE THEY RINGING MY DOORBELL?" or some variation like,  "isnt it illegal to knock on my door?" "I didnt tell them it was OK to knock"

and my all-time favorite " I have a NO SOLICITORS sign on my door- why the fuck do they keep ringing my bell" (side note for all you out there, the no solicitor signs are a massive and I mean MASSIVE flashing light to all salespeople to absolutely 100% ring the bell on your door-  why? because so many people who cant say NO have resorted to putting up those signs hoping the sales people dont knock.)   

On 2/7/2019 at 10:15 AM, You don't know me said:
On 2/6/2019 at 12:43 PM, JSB said:
Nothing like advertising that you are illegally keeping a raccoon as a pet on Nextdoor. Really hope I see a Game Warden at their house when I head home from work.

7557787dea9388adc439ab6c48fd2421.jpg

So the Clampet's have moved to Austin?

I saw a coon in the hood last night. I did not respond to "Charles."

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Shotgun blast in the air would make them shit themselves.

and have 40 neighbors then scream at you for waking them up and discharging firearms in the city, and while you scared off the kids, the cops come, arrest you for that, and you spend 2 days in the pokey and a $5k fine, along with a warning.

27 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Post today from my neighborhood:

"my packages that were stolen contained 4 bras from ebay, and 100 colored rubber bands and three books that are so technical only three people in the whole world can understand them"

bizarre humblebrag

if the books are that specific, she might want to try checking ebay or craigslist for someone selling them in her area. 

and have 40 neighbors then scream at you for waking them up and discharging firearms in the city, and while you scared off the kids, the cops come, arrest you for that, and you spend 2 days in the pokey and a $5k fine, along with a warning.

So you’re better off just shooting those fuckheads.

Danger going down in Jester Estates (excess lunacy highlighted):

Car drives by STOPPED school bus on Beauford at approximately 3:28

If you know a white woman, probably in her mid 60's or so that drives a silver car with a license plate that has 3 numbers/letters followed by four numbers, would you please tell her it is the LAW that she stops when the bus is stopped and flashing red lights. I was (physically) running late to the bus stop to get my 5 year old off the bus and almost ran across the road in front of her, assuming, obviously incorrectly, that she would stop, as she was slowing down. Kids aren't the only ones you might hit at a bus stop.

Full disclosure:  I am not against ticketing people who drive around stopped school buses.  However, I am against those who (physically) run in my neighborhood.  Except it's not my neighborhood.  Well, anyway -- 3 numbers or letters followed by 4 numbers, so the cops should have no problem solving this one post haste (especially with the photo that the bus camera system took, but DANGER! regardless.)  (Oh, yeah, I think there are approximately 3,700 white women in their 60's who drive silver cars in that area, but thanks for the clue, Crimestopper.)

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Danger going down in Jester Estates (excess lunacy highlighted):

Full disclosure:  I am not against ticketing people who drive around stopped school buses.  However, I am against those who (physically) run in my neighborhood.  Except it's not my neighborhood.  Well, anyway -- 3 numbers or letters followed by 4 numbers, so the cops should have no problem solving this one post haste (especially with the photo that the bus camera system took, but DANGER! regardless.)  (Oh, yeah, I think there are approximately 3,700 white women in their 60's who drive silver cars in that area, but thanks for the clue, Crimestopper.)

I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab.

imgur