Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I bet Dallas/Lake Highlands/Park Cities Nextdoor is on fire the last two days.  

have not seen anything truly spectacular. 

- Lots of woe is me, why can't I, as the most important of the 300K w/o power, get a 100% accurate estimate on when my power is going to be back on.  Oncor told me it would be 8 hours and 8 hours has passed and I (somehow) demand satisfaction.

- Subtle humble brags about availability at an expensive hotel 'that has power'

- where can i find a generator to buy right now?  Say i did get one, how does it work?

- There is a fallen tree in my yard/street/alley.  Really!?! OMG!!111!!1

- I went by this gas station in the middle of the power outage area, the light was off, but OMG the gas pumps did not work.  Does anyone know where a working gas station is!!!

Have not seen anyone accusing homeowners of color of being 'looters' yet.

24 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

have not seen anything truly spectacular. 

- Lots of woe is me, why can't I, as the most important of the 300K w/o power, get a 100% accurate estimate on when my power is going to be back on.  Oncor told me it would be 8 hours and 8 hours has passed and I (somehow) demand satisfaction.

- Subtle humble brags about availability at an expensive hotel 'that has power'

- where can i find a generator to buy right now?  Say i did get one, how does it work?

- There is a fallen tree in my yard/street/alley.  Really!?! OMG!!111!!1

- I went by this gas station in the middle of the power outage area, the light was off, but OMG the gas pumps did not work.  Does anyone know where a working gas station is!!!

Have not seen anyone accusing homeowners of color of being 'looters' yet.

Lots of virtue signaling going on.  "I just want to say thank you to Oncor for all their hard work...blah blah blah".  Oh really you smug bitch?  why not just actually go thank them.  They're outside working, not inside jerking off their computer on Nextdoor.  Or did I miss that we had a ton of oncor employees move in to our neighborhood.

9 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Respond: Kelvin is a measurement of temperature, not color fuckwad. In fact, the Kelvin scale is usually associated with LOW temperature measurements so what is your fucking point?

Back in '82 there was a question on one of the RTF 321K tests that asked, "Color temperature is measured in:

A.  Degrees Farenheit,

B. Degrees Celsius

C. Degrees Kelvin

D. Degrees Melvin"

Edited by Bullneck
  • Fuck You 1

So a truck has been parked on the street for not even a whole day and this person decides to case the thing, take pics of the license plate and the interior, post on the internet about it...

Old white people should be banned from the internet.

Edited by gmr548

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

So a truck has been parked on the street for not even a whole day and this person decides to case the thing, take pics of the license plate and the interior, post on the internet about it...

Hey, fuck off!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

People love to stir up shit online. A Facebook group I'm part of had a post with zero context or back story that showed a man and said 'this man is a racist who cusses at children'. Every comment was in full support of the poster even asking that she make it shareable so they can spread the news. Zero details or proof as to what actually occurred and the mob had their pitchforks out. Mind bottling.
  • Like 1

That looks a lot like Briskets old beater except wrong color.  

Sigh...I wish you was lyin’. AC compressor blew a few weeks ago. Which shredded the serpentine belt. While I was 15 miles from home. Limped home with no power steering. That was interesting.

Fixed it, though. She’s still alive. Need my hunting and fishing rig, man.

strange couple

A strangle dressed couple knocked on my door and asked to come in for a few minutes. I refused and they then walked down the street. I don't know what they wanted but they looked odd

That was my first thought, but, they were not dressed like Jehovah Witnesses. usually are. Plus they were older than the usual. Somehow they looked foreign. I know J. Witnesses do have foreign reps, but, they didn't look right. I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will have more information on them.

Just looked on my security camera image - man is carrying an I pad, both have hats on. She in a long skirt and shawl. Don't walk together. He walks ahead of her and she trails behind.

See something, say something.

Coyote pup wandering around alone

Saw this little guy over by the elementary school wandering around alone without a mother. Is this normal behavior?

32e03aedac4734f1431fe601141a33e1.jpeg.ma

Quickly identified as a fox . . . oh so cute . . .

Then the inevitable -

What is not good is foxes are night creatures and strolling around during daylight hours, unless very early or very late, tend to make me think it may have distemper or rabies.

• Like 1

Nextdoor has become another extension of Facebook and Twitter in the sense people start bitching about anything and if you present a counter argument, you get hammered and called all sorts of names.    The hot discussion right now is some know it all had a bad experience at a local Sushi/ Hibachi  grill that just opened a few months ago.  He complained the service was slow and all of that and practically begged people to stop going there so it can die a slow death.   When others suggested he was very much in the minority with his experience and maybe he should have taken up the issue with the manager or owner, he went ape shit.   And then his wife joins in the shit show.  

Something that was intended to have a useful purpose such as posting about lost pets or events is now a platform for the Twitter and Facebook mobs.   

The sooner social media dies,  society will be better.

Actually, NextDoor is in the midst of being useful right now.  Anybody read the homeless shelter acquisition thread in South Austin, about the bullshit railroad job of their deal?  This Cleo lady has written a very compelling letter to Ann Kitchen which she published on there.  And then posted her phone call with Kitchen, her interview on KXAN, etc.  Of course the board regulars on there start a game of one-upsmanship over who cares more about the homeless.  But Cleo's story is gripping and because of that thread, she now has almost 3000 signatures on a petition to present at City Council later today with a lot of great data points to go along with her own narrative on living with homeless people growing up and being a social worker herself.  

Anyway, in a sea of bullshit---it was a decent thread conversation that got very actionable results and tools for Cleo to take her fight directly to Ann Kitchen.  But in 48 hours, it'll be back to the same old bullshit.  

On 6/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, Okie State said:
On 6/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, gmr548 said:

People love to stir up shit online. A Facebook group I'm part of had a post with zero context or back story that showed a man and said 'this man is a racist who cusses at children'. Every comment was in full support of the poster even asking that she make it shareable so they can spread the news. Zero details or proof as to what actually occurred and the mob had their pitchforks out. Mind bottling.

Thank God that never happens on Surley. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2019 at 10:00 AM, tbone_ said:

So this showed up on our next door last week. Told my wife watch it’ll go national and sure enough. Bet it’s on the morning news shows tomorrow morning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/22/scottsdale-woman-lisa-sporat-speaks-out-after-racist-photo-found-door/1536750001/

Nice humblebrag.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:44 PM, Brothahorn said:

My Ring.com feed is filled with idiots who don’t lock their vehicles. It’s like a contest to see who is the bigger victim.

This. Huge group of people on my feed who post videos of people “rummaging through their cars” and claim to purposefully leave their doors unlocked to avoid broken windows. Not okay with people potentially busting a window but completely ok with thieves having free reign to steal all of their possessions and potentially jack their car. Mensa material.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, Brothahorn said:

Ring.com again

“I'll keep a eye out for him. If everyone calls the police when someone knocks, then we will all be safe.”

As a black dude, I could see how that could have some really shitty consequences, beyond just being annoyed. 

• Like 1