Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

13 hours ago, immortal13 said:

The clown hysteria that was going on a couple of years ago turned my Nextdoor feed into pure stupidity. One woman claimed a police officer "told her" that a "clown" was looking into a bedroom window of a house shared by two "older ladies." Because I just couldn't fucking help it I chimed in with, "Did he have a machete dripping with blood?" That started a shitshow. No fucks were given by me.

holy shit he was in Houston a couple weeks ago!

119969ce-f718-419c-8a09-62ed030f18a0-Hil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, JSB said:

Retired woman pissed off about the noise interrupting her art time. I can understand noise complaints in the middle of the night, but during the day? Fuck the hell right off, or go move to a 100 acre ranch

634183fdb2ce45b6d937425af9f0ce18.jpg

Its the assholes with the barking dogs that should be living on the 100 acre ranch.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 1:04 PM, Lobo said:

Somebody asked if all the helicopter activity yesterday in central Austin was a police action that we should be worried about.

Changing of the Guard or Overton funeral as plausible explanations?   Nah, not for this crAzy broad.  Nope, she thinks it’s a fucking violation of her civil rights.  

Hopefully someone mentioned Jade Helm.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, JSB said:

Retired woman pissed off about the noise interrupting her art time. I can understand noise complaints in the middle of the night, but during the day? Fuck the hell right off, or go move to a 100 acre ranch

634183fdb2ce45b6d937425af9f0ce18.jpg

Fucking Latins

45 minutes ago, Buffsoldier said:

That's latin, darlin'.  Evidently Cheeseweasel and Walden are educated men. 

How I really hate them...

I was curious and looked it up.  Here is the translation of the whole scene from https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/trivia

Here is the translation of what Doc and Johnny Ringo are saying to one another in Latin: Doc Holliday: In vino veritas. (In wine there is truth.) Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis. (Do what you do.) Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego. (Let Apella the Jew believe, not I.) Johnny Ringo: Juventus stultorum magister. (Youth is the teacher of fools.) Doc Holliday: In pace requiescat. (Rest in peace.) The line "Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego" (Let Apella the Jew believe, not I) was confusing to viewers; scholarly papers showed that Romans used the phrase to show contempt for Judaism's belief that divine power was involved in everyday life.

Along with this little nugget:

Willem Dafoe was the original choice to play Doc Holliday, but Buena Vista refused to distribute the film if he was cast, due to Dafoe's role in the controversial The Last Temptation of Christ (1988).

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Along with this little nugget:

Willem Dafoe was the original choice to play Doc Holliday, but Buena Vista refused to distribute the film if he was cast, due to Dafoe's role in the controversial The Last Temptation of Christ (1988).

While Val Kilmer nailed this role, that is just about the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. He's an actor, not a fucking theologian.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 11:32 PM, immortal13 said:

The clown hysteria that was going on a couple of years ago turned my Nextdoor feed into pure stupidity. One woman claimed a police officer "told her" that a "clown" was looking into a bedroom window of a house shared by two "older ladies." Because I just couldn't fucking help it I chimed in with, "Did he have a machete dripping with blood?" That started a shitshow. No fucks were given by me.

The call is coming from inside the house!!!!!

• Haha 1

I'm lame and cant screenshot but good lord

I found this brown bat on the street

I found this brown bat in the street and the Humane Society is not open yet. It is still alive. playing possumn at times. I moved it to the curb and into a shoe box. Is there somewhere else I should call. I understand they die once they fall sometimes. I don't want a cat to get to it.

1 hour ago, Llano Estacado said:

Pro tip: The Crown Carmel comes in a burnt orange crown bag.

I use one of those for trinkets and have a regular crown bag stuffed with other liquor bags in a drawer by the liquor cabinet. In your face Marie Kondo.

That would require purchasing Crown Caramel.  And who would do such a vile thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, You don't know me said:
21 hours ago, JSB said:
Nothing like advertising that you are illegally keeping a raccoon as a pet on Nextdoor. Really hope I see a Game Warden at their house when I head home from work.

7557787dea9388adc439ab6c48fd2421.jpg

So the Clampet's have moved to Austin?

Nah, she said "pool" not "cement pond".  

Only because of my wife getting on nextdoor this morning to see about a distant neighbor coming over to buy a shelf, did she see that our water supply is again tainted.  And not even boiling it apparently will solve the issue.  Only because a couple of early risers in the 'hood got up and called the city and waited on hold for an hour.  But Ellen Troxclair is evil for wanting the early warning system to be examined and enhanced.  Fuck you Ann Kitchen, my family already drank from the tap before we learned what happened.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Only because of my wife getting on nextdoor this morning to see about a distant neighbor coming over to buy a shelf, did she see that our water supply is again tainted.  And not even boiling it apparently will solve the issue.  Only because a couple of early risers in the 'hood got up and called the city and waited on hold for an hour.  But Ellen Troxclair is evil for wanting the early warning system to be examined and enhanced.  Fuck you Ann Kitchen, my family already drank from the tap before we learned what happened.  

What are you talking about? I assume this - https://twitter.com/AustinWater/status/1093533146086289414

Edited by hornbri

Yes, I called them.  Now they said it's safe to drink but from 7:00-9:00a, they were telling my neighbors not drink it or even boil it.  Now they tell me situation will be resolved within the next 48 hours (I love precision).  But this is my favorite part---they said in case it is not safe to drink to watch Twitter or AM radio for updates.  

So unless you're 25 or 85, the rest of us have no real way of finding out what happens with the water.  I'm not on Twitter and I don't keep a fucking AM radio handy at the office.  

It's impossible we're the 11th largest city in the nation and are led by 9 year olds.  

Yeah, only went to this thread first because I wanted to see if anybody on next door had updates.  City has been radio silent.  

Got a pregnant wife at home and sick toddler and apparently telling my wife to go out to garage to grab a five gallon ozarka to get them thru the day was not well received.  

Back to next door:

the mourning over the Popeyes that closed down in SW Austin has been surprising.  

That would require purchasing Crown Caramel.  And who would do such a vile thing?

Ha! I saw post and went n bought the orange box CR to get a cool bag, but it was brown. I bought some maple syrup CR shit. Looked on ebay and bought a burnt orange bag for $5. The maple syrup cr tastes like jizz (ntyiawwt)

On 2/7/2019 at 10:46 AM, Lobo said:

Yes, I called them.  Now they said it's safe to drink but from 7:00-9:00a, they were telling my neighbors not drink it or even boil it.  Now they tell me situation will be resolved within the next 48 hours (I love precision).  But this is my favorite part---they said in case it is not safe to drink to watch Twitter or AM radio for updates.  

So unless you're 25 or 85, the rest of us have no real way of finding out what happens with the water.  I'm not on Twitter and I don't keep a fucking AM radio handy at the office.  

It's impossible we're the 11th largest city in the nation and are led by 9 year olds.  

Is it bad that I laughed at this?

13 hours ago, woohorn said:

Ha! I saw post and went n bought the orange box CR to get a cool bag, but it was brown. I bought some maple syrup CR shit. Looked on ebay and bought a burnt orange bag for $5. The maple syrup cr tastes like jizz (ntyiawwt)

you know what jizz tastes like???

• Like 1

you know what jizz tastes like???

816191592ded4857b6656f9d8f0b2b20.jpg
  • Like 6