Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My mother is a lung cancer patient - so, super vulnerable. And while she has decent quality of life now, she doesn’t have a lot of time left (a year? Three? We don’t know). And she’s losing that time, just locked away.
This sucks.
And again, there’s no way out.

The real shitty thing is that while we talk  about opening up again, for your mom and others at risk they really need to stay sheltered until there is a vaccine.  We are sheltering to lower the curve and to better manage this, but when it opens up again we are going to start a new curve...but maybe slightly better prepared.   And the danger to high risk people will not have changed at all.

Your posts are a beating. Please take your sob stories and pessimistic attitude toward humanity as a whole somewhere else (preferably CR). Posts like this serve no purpose and sure as hell won’t fix any of the many grievances you find. 

You mistake evidence-based observational conclusions for grievances. That approach is one of the reasons we’re fucked.
And I’m case you missed the actual subject matter for the DT board, pessimistic observations about humanity and human decision making belong here, and exactly here. Equating that with political discussion is again, a reason we are fucked.
We can’t discuss people being stupid without your hair-trigger sensitivity deeming that a criticism of your “team.” Here’s an alternate approach: stop being sensitive about and defending stupidity and...wait for it...try not being stupid or enabling stupidity?

We’re going to do something stupid here. You know it, I know it, we all know it. It’s what we do. It’s our brand.
  • Like 7
  • Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Yep. When all of these politicians (who haven’t missed a paycheck) start declaring that we are extending to June 1,  the shit will start hitting the fan. I think we’ll start seeing some uprisings this next week. 

Lol. Not with these stimulus checks and unemployment benefits hitting. People will take their money and fall in line. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s several ways out. All of them involve casualties. The powers that be are still choosing a path, but when they do we all need to pick up a shovel and start digging. Because bitching about the path won’t change the path but it will slow our progress along it. 

Ya'll pay attention - Pato is preaching the gospel.

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You mistake evidence-based observational conclusions for grievances. That approach is one of the reasons we’re fucked.
And I’m case you missed the actual subject matter for the DT board, pessimistic observations about humanity and human decision making belong here, and exactly here. Equating that with political discussion is again, a reason we are fucked.
We can’t discuss people being stupid without your hair-trigger sensitivity deeming that a criticism of your “team.” Here’s an alternate approach: stop being sensitive about and defending stupidity and...wait for it...try not being stupid or enabling stupidity?

We’re going to do something stupid here. You know it, I know it, we all know it. It’s what we do. It’s our brand.

No, you're just making worst case assumptions about what's going to happen. That's not evidence, that's fiction, and or theory .

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Some of you people are sucking at Easter. 

There’s a lot to be depressed about, worried about, and scared of right now. But as of today most of us posting here are healthy and have full bellies, families intact, and as of today a lot to be thankful for, if were being honest. Maybe this is a horrible event that fundamentally brings positive change to US. Maybe the world. We don’t know, other than there’s going to be some hard times ahead. 

happy easter you cunts. 

58466.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Loco said:

If you thought the run on toilet paper was crazy, wait for the great Bacon panic of 2020

We have so god damn much bacon in storage it’s cheaper than it was at the all time lows on 1998, and it’s been going to rendering plants to clear space 

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The pork plant has more cases than the entire state of South Dakota

The JBS beef plant in Grand Island has almost caught Omaha for Nebraska cases. Yet, Tyson in Lexington, Cargill in Schuyler for beef, and Smithfield in Crete, and Tyson in Madison have seen nothing so far.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Hong Kong (CNN)China has imposed restrictions on the publication of academic research on the origins of the novel coronavirus, according to a central government directive and online notices published by two Chinese universities, that have since been removed from the web.

Under the new policy, all academic papers on Covid-19 will be subject to extra vetting before being submitted for publication. Studies on the origin of the virus will receive extra scrutiny and must be approved by central government officials, according to the now-deleted posts.

Ummmm, haven't they learned, the cover-up is always worse than the crime? Unless you are guilty. Then, it is better to hide everything you can to avoid prosecution.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

State is allowed. Thanks @immamac  I made sure to clarify this with him.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Cupcake. 

Oh, and fuck the decision to open up. Go be a pussy in the CR. 

I’m great.  Couldn’t be better.  You seem angry.  Hope things get better for you.  

• Fuck You 1

Yeah, I like Brisket as a poster and person IRL, but today he's on tilt. 

Not really. I just don’t see many reasons for optimism. It’s just being realistic. We’re all on a plane where the wings have fallen off. We can mess with the rudder to steer the fuselage to crash into one mountain or the other....but we’re gonna crash. Just calling it, coldly, like I see it.

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I’m great.  Couldn’t be better.  You seem angry.  Hope things get better for you.  

Just stop negging man. Go play that game in the CR. Or just put me on ignore. I hope you and all you love are blessed today. 

And actually, doing great today. Spending this great day on the patio with my daughter and my girlfriend, about to light the grill and wondering what wine we should have. When done with that I need to  stand up a rapid response team which deploys on Tuesday. 

Oh, and the baby birds hatched on my patio. Let me see if I can get a picture. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not really. I just don’t see many reasons for optimism. It’s just being realistic. We’re all on a plane where the wings have fallen off. We can mess with the rudder to steer the fuselage to crash into one mountain or the other....but we’re gonna crash. Just calling it, coldly, like I see it.

You’ve made that abundantly clear. We get it. All the more reason to go hug your wife today and sit on the back porch while you can. Maybe jerk off to the idea of her and your pastor friend.  

Did your daughter make it back from Canada? If so give her a hug too. 

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHHHHHHHHHH WEEEEEEEE'RE DOOOOOOOOMED !!!!!!!!!

images-2.jpeg

images-4.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

images.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Just stop negging man. Go play that game in the CR. Or just put me on ignore. I hope you and all you love are blessed today. 

And actually, doing great today. Spending this great day on the patio with my daughter and my girlfriend, about to light the grill and wondering what wine we should have. When done with that I need to  stand up a rapid response team which deploys on Tuesday. 

Glad your day is going well.  Good luck with the rapid response team.  Stay safe!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Three Little Birds?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What the fuck is this? Positivity while discussing a pleasant holiday afternoon dinner? I thought it was well established that we are here to discuss the end of the world, the inanity of man, and to tell each other what fucking idiots we think each other are. Anything else is complete and utter sunshine-pumping bullshit, sir. 

But, fuck it, I can get behind some Easter dinner talk. Roasting a leg of lamb right now. Serving with roasted carrots, scalloped potatoes, leeks in cheese sauce, yorkshire pudding and a cabernet sauce. Then finishing with an apple custard tart straight out of Julia’s Volume 1. About to make a rye manhattan, then drink vino, and get schmittied while watching one of the last episodes of Homeland. Will probably observe this thread and notice pacman or some other dildo sprinting around to neg all of my posts at various points as well. Cheers!

• Like 9

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away