Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not really. I just don’t see many reasons for optimism. It’s just being realistic. We’re all on a plane where the wings have fallen off. We can mess with the rudder to steer the fuselage to crash into one mountain or the other....but we’re gonna crash. Just calling it, coldly, like I see it.

Junior?

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not really. I just don’t see many reasons for optimism. It’s just being realistic. We’re all on a plane where the wings have fallen off. We can mess with the rudder to steer the fuselage to crash into one mountain or the other....but we’re gonna crash. Just calling it, coldly, like I see it.

Calling your WAG realistic doesn't make it better than others' WAG.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck is this? Positivity while discussing a pleasant holiday afternoon dinner? I thought it was well established that we are here to discuss the end of the world, the inanity of man, and to tell each other what fucking idiots we think each other are. Anything else is complete and utter sunshine-pumping bullshit, sir. 

But, fuck it, I can get behind some Easter dinner talk. Roasting a leg of lamb right now. Serving with roasted carrots, scalloped potatoes, leeks in cheese sauce, yorkshire pudding and a cabernet sauce. Then finishing with an apple custard tart straight out of Julia’s Volume 1. About to make a rye manhattan, then drink vino, and get schmittied while watching one of the last episodes of Homeland. Will probably observe this thread and notice pacman or some other dildo sprinting around to neg all of my posts at various points as well. Cheers!

You married a girl from England? I thought you said she was a foreigner.

Firstly, I am a healthy middle age white guy with no underlying medical issues. And I certainly understand the severity of the situation.

But since this mess started I’ve been to New York, Paris, Milan and Madrid. (Work, and was very tempted to hug one of those cute Chinese girls the Milan mayor wanted everyone to hug.)

Been on a week long cruise, (family reunion so I was forced to go. Ended the day they were basically shut down, Mar11.)

Still shopping almost daily when home (certainly taking precautions.)

Still traveling almost weekly for work, (essential.)

Oh and my next door neighbors got the plague. (Mild cases all and I will be drinking 6 feet away from them tonight.)

My question for the doomsayers is, wasn’t I suppose to be dead a month ago or so?

And looking at the bottom line, Texas has done a great job. Time to start (carefully) opening things back up.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

so ballgame..again?

57 minutes ago, Hate said:

You’ll notice the doomsayers have been preaching the end of the world for 3 years now.

I thought you were against people bringing politics into this thread. Or did I misinterpret the dozens of your posts where you were crying about it? Because the above is a political post, which would make you a hypocrite on top of being a whiny bitch.

GSG.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck is this? Positivity while discussing a pleasant holiday afternoon dinner? I thought it was well established that we are here to discuss the end of the world, the inanity of man, and to tell each other what fucking idiots we think each other are. Anything else is complete and utter sunshine-pumping bullshit, sir. 

But, fuck it, I can get behind some Easter dinner talk. Roasting a leg of lamb right now. Serving with roasted carrots, scalloped potatoes, leeks in cheese sauce, yorkshire pudding and a cabernet sauce. Then finishing with an apple custard tart straight out of Julia’s Volume 1. About to make a rye manhattan, then drink vino, and get schmittied while watching one of the last episodes of Homeland. Will probably observe this thread and notice pacman or some other dildo sprinting around to neg all of my posts at various points as well. Cheers!

Yes. Decided on a nice merlot. 

I thought you were against people bringing politics into this thread. Or did I misinterpret the dozens of your posts where you were crying about it? Because the above is a political post, which would make you a hypocrite on top of a whiny bitch.

I don’t know if you’re genuinely a moron or just one of those weird cloak room fan bois with a damaged brain but there’s zero politics in that post. It only knocks the disaster hobbyists who have been predicting the end of the world with every disaster that pops up.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I don’t know if you’re genuinely a moron or just one of those weird cloak room fan bois with a damaged brain but there’s zero politics in that post. It only knocks the disaster hobbyists who have been predicting the end of the world with every disaster that pops up.

LOL. Go sell that bullshit to your wife or your girlfriend. Every person with a pulse knows exactly what the "three years" qualifier is referring to.

The "constantly crying about political posts" schtick posters continue to reveal themselves to be completely full of shit. They don't want a politics-free thread; they want a safe space.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 3

I thought you were against people bringing politics into this thread. Or did I misinterpret the dozens of your posts where you were crying about it? Because the above is a political post, which would make you a hypocrite on top of a whiny bitch.

Being called a whiny bitch by you is the height of hypocrisy. You’re one of the top drama queens.

Edit: and nothing in my post was political. I was pointing out how long we’ve heard you sky is falling drama queens and how it is beyond tiresome.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DallasGatr said:

Firstly, I am a healthy middle age white guy with no underlying medical issues. And I certainly understand the severity of the situation.

But since this mess started I’ve been to New York, Paris, Milan and Madrid. (Work, and was very tempted to hug one of those cute Chinese girls the Milan mayor wanted everyone to hug.)

Been on a week long cruise, (family reunion so I was forced to go. Ended the day they were basically shut down, Mar11.)

Oh and my next door neighbors got the plague. (Mild cases all and I will be drinking 6 feet away from them tonight.)

My question for the doomsayers is, wasn’t I suppose to be dead a month ago or so?

And looking at the bottom line, Texas has done a great job. Time to start (carefully) opening things back up.

Well, you've certainly proven every credible medical professional in the world wrong with this. Where shall we send the Nobel prize?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DallasGatr said:

Go Gata?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Singing some sweet songs ?

Thank you. This is my message to you. It wasn't that fucking hard. Like three-fourths of the world knows it. I bet even DallasGatr has heard it when he was switching between Luke Bryan stations.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Friend in the food supply chain biz shared an email from Smithfield. There is an overwhelming food supply right now and they have even had orders being canceled. No cause for bacon panic yet.

Just what I would expect someone to say who is on their way to buy all the bacon.  

Nice try bacon hoarder! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DallasGatr said:

Yeah, what you said was dumb, but I want to focus on the really egregious thing about this post. Why is it broken up into so many lines and why is it double spaced?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Within 72 hours of bacon short supply our society starts to pull apart at the seams. Glad I got that case of Israeli 556 in the closet. 

Just don't grab that 556 with bacon greased hands. It will misfire.

Don’t let your parents get sick, folks. My sister just buried her mother in law.  Only two of the four siblings even got to see mom before she died, one because he was the one that took her to the hospital and one because he got to accompany his dad (the husband) to support him as they went to see her in hospice. Pretty dark. 

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!

10 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Don’t let your parents get sick, folks. My sister just buried her mother in law.  Only two of the four siblings even got to see mom before she died, one because he was the one that took her to the hospital and one because he got to accompany his dad (the husband) to support him as they went to see her in hospice. Pretty dark. 

Yeah. Visiting hours at the hospital are kinda nixed at this point. 

I have a couple of friends who work for one of the largest food service bacon processors in the country.  They recently told me bacon demand is so depressed that pork bellies are being sent to rendering instead of processed.  Similar to the previous discussed milk problems.

26 minutes ago, WBT said:

I think pork belly futures are a good proxy.  /no cr

It’s the fresh bacon index now, and bacon is historically cheap right now because 70 percent typically goes through food service and cold storage is jammed full. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away