CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The dumb motherfucker is reading articles about himself during a pandemic PC?  Really?

That would be a new low for straight-up campaign ads.

Why does this shit continue to surprise me?

Look man he wanted her to spank him with the Time that had his face on the cover. He can't not read about himself. 

Reminds me of what Treebeard said about Saruman. "He was greedy for news, though he hated it."

He lives and dies by soundbites.

Someone with the skills and time really needs to be following all the trumpkin deaths and link them back to their idiotic ramblings like this. Then make a long ass slide show and then a political ad out of it tying back to Trump's propaganda dismissing it. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 6

MAGA FB crowd talking points are out

If you want to stay home, stay home.

If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask.

If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds.

I am not required to descend into poverty for you.

I am not required to abstain from human contact for you.

I am not required to shop alone, without my kids, for you.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in eighteen months.

I refuse to receive said vaccine to make others feel more safe.

I won't set myself--or my children--on fire to keep you warm.

If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it yourself.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy America and ruin your life.

I can't control your self-destructive behaviors, but we all have a say in America.

We need to tell legislators that we demand options.

We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses--many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside.

We have a right to receive OR refuse vaccines.

The data was inaccurate at best; purposely overblown to justify government overreach at worst.

Stop allowing the local deep state government to destroy:

The Food Supply

Small Businesses

Medical Autonomy

Access to Healthcare

Religious Gatherings

Privacy Rights

Fellowship

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide, child abuse, domestic violence, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the virus is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

#NoNewNormal #OpenTexas

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy America and ruin your life.

A lot of lolz on that list but this one is particularly rich.

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

"I am not required to shop alone, without my kids, for you."

Who the fuck wants to shop with their kids?

I was on a video call with some friends and a couple mentioned how difficult it was for them to maneuver in HEB together. I asked why they both had to go and they gave some bullshit about lists or whatever. Even generally reasonable people find ways to make excuses for themselves even when the answer is obvious, and in the case of the shopping thing, the offense is completely fucking unnecessary. We all do it at some point. Humans are fucking weird, man.

4 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

What a fucking shit show. I love the push back the press is giving him.

his behavior in those two clips posted makes my blood boil.... i personally dislike applying the word "hate" to any person, but my god, he tests my patience.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

He keeps blasting other countries for how bad they’ve handled this. I wonder if anyone has shown him our numbers.

He shut down China! In January. Nobody wanted him to do it, but he did. He's been praised by a very well respected guy in the Wall Street Journal. Cuomo sings his praises.

He knew it was going to be a pandemic even when he was saying it wouldn't be a pandemic! You know how hard that is? Even when he said nobody could see it coming, he saw it coming!!!!!!

Greatest president ever.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Heartbreaking

But the “pro-life” goons are fine with writing her off so they can go to the Elks Lodge or get their roots touched up.

Very sad.... But just for the record, for every pro-lifer out there advocating this open it all up crap there is a crystal lover who agrees. My ex (who is about to graduate from nursing school) thinks this is all a hoax and if we all would OD on Tumeric and clutch our rose quartz we would be fine. Yep, she is about to enter Austin's first line. There are dumbasses on both sides. Hell she got pissed at me for getting my daughter her HPV shots. 

Fuck Team MAGA, Fuck Alex Jones, and also Fuck the spiritualists who believe they know better than the scientists. 10% on both sides just suck. Fuck them. Just for shits and giggles. 

Edited by InkaUtexas

Very sad.... But just for the record, for every pro-lifer out there advocating this open it all up crap there is a crystal lover who agrees. My ex (who is about to graduate from nursing school) thinks this is all a hoax and if we all would OD on Tumeric and clutch our rose quartz we would be fine. Yep, she is about to enter Austin's first line. There are dumbasses on both sides. Hell she got pissed at me for getting my daughter her HPV shots. 
Fuck Team MAGA, Fuck Alex Jones, and also Fuck the spiritualists who believe they know better than the scientists. 10% on both sides just suck. Fuck them. Just for shits and giggles. 

Horseshit.

When I see a bunch of dippy hippies waving crystals and braiding their pubic hair out protesting instead of white bubbas with automatic weapons and confederate flags then I’ll entertain your “both sides” nonsense.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

I say again to all.

How can any of you watch that unhinged fool that stood up there today and showed no compassion and a constant shallow nature and say that is a leader?

How?

They say, it’s ok he said some stupid stuff but takes actions.

It boils down to this; as long as it got an R to their name they don’t care, they really don’t care. They will defend him all the way to their grave.

its a cult and it’s only getting worse 

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Horseshit.

When I see a bunch of dippy hippies waving crystals and braiding their pubic hair out protesting instead of white bubbas with automatic weapons and confederate flags then I’ll entertain your “both sides” nonsense.

I’ll be honest, in the few clips I saw there were an alarming number of man buns at the austin protest.  Is MAGA co-opting the man bun?  I mean, I’m not disappointed, but definitely amused.  

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I understand enough people have just decided they’ve hit their limit on sheltering in place so it’s going to be what it’s going to be in much of the country.  But holy fucking shit - how do you not realize how awful this will get if we have 30 major metro areas inundated with ICU patients and deaths instead of 3?

Small cities/towns are going to get ripped up too.  Currently, in Nebraska:

Adams County: 457 cases for a county of 61,000 people: (=7492 cases per Million)  And, the positive rate is almost 50% - 457 positives of 988 tests. 

Dawson County: 124 cases for a county of 23,600 people (=5254 cases per million). (124 positives of 310 tests)

By comparison, the national average is 2311 cases per million.  NY is 12,601 cases/mil, NJ 9,604 cases/mil.  

This shit is getting out to the smaller communities.  

24 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Adams County: 457 cases for a county of 61,000 people: (=7492 cases per Million)  And, the positive rate is almost 50% - 457 positives of 988 tests. 

Dawson County: 124 cases for a county of 23,600 people (=5254 cases per million). (124 positives of 310 tests)

By comparison, the national average is 2311 cases per million.  NY is 12,601 cases/mil, NJ 9,604 cases/mil.  

I had to go look at this because my spouse grew up in Hastings (Adams County) and he still has family in the area but I believe the stats you mentioned (457 cases) are for Hall County which is Grand Island and vicinity. Actually wouldn't surprise me as GI is on the interstate plus has the VA facility which is where my late father-in-law used to go. He was in a care facility in GI for a number of years before he passed. My husband's late aunt used to drive from way up near the SD state line to Grand Island, and later Omaha for medical treatment. So all the major avenues for travel will allow the virus to reach the little towns scattered across the plains.

32 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Based on my trip to Lowes Saturday, I'm going to go ahead and say put a watch on Bell County.  That place was completely full, and I would be pretty liberal saying 25% were wearing masks.  Complete families, people jammed up in the aisles.  Just ridiculous.  

Did your Lowe's have the separate entrance/exit thing going? We had to go pick up a part this weekend at our Lowe's and they were limiting shoppers, had only one entrance, and the parking lot/store blue tape 'x's were everywhere. We shop early though as a matter of course because my husband has to make at least one return trip whenever he has a project it seems but we lucked out this time.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Did your Lowe's have the separate entrance/exit thing going? We had to go pick up a part this weekend at our Lowe's and they were limiting shoppers, had only one entrance, and the parking lot/store blue tape 'x's were everywhere. We shop early though as a matter of course because my husband has to make at least one return trip whenever he has a project it seems but we lucked out this time.

No, it was a complete shit show.  They have signs at the doors about the 6 foot separation, but that falls apart in the store.  Half the workers there weren't even wearing masks, which surprised me.  I had a family get behind me in line and just refused to maintain any kind of distance.  I wound up having to stand in front of my cart to keep those idiots back.  Im with you, I normally shop early on weekdays if its for me, but this was a trip for my in-laws.  They do use a single line for the registers, and that line went all the way down an aisle and halfway across the store.  I used the contractor exit, and that was still almost a complete aisle worth of people in line.  

11 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

No, it was a complete shit show.  They have signs at the doors about the 6 foot separation, but that falls apart in the store.  Half the workers there weren't even wearing masks, which surprised me.  I had a family get behind me in line and just refused to maintain any kind of distance.  I wound up having to stand in front of my cart to keep those idiots back.  Im with you, I normally shop early on weekdays if its for me, but this was a trip for my in-laws.  They do use a single line for the registers, and that line went all the way down an aisle and halfway across the store.  I used the contractor exit, and that was still almost a complete aisle worth of people in line.  

I hate to sound "Karen" but the manager should take care of that for the customers and employees alike. We stood in the line and it moved quickly because it was early, but the pickup line seemed very organized: Cones and directional signs so customers could drive between towers of soil and mulch that were near the garden center away from the people in line and another one for the contractor exit for lumber and other pickups. They also had plastic screening at the registers. I wouldn't mind if they just kept the 'x's anyway because I try and be careful not to hit people in the ankles with the cart, but others have no problem ramming that sucker right up against me. This week that was my only outing, so it was nice to be out in the car to enjoy a little drive even for just a little while.

Completely anecdotal, but since the anti-lockdown push I feel some rural areas are relaxing precautions. I've seen a couple of convenience stores/truckstops that previously had their deli seating areas taped off occupied with customers, people hanging out. Saw a group of 5 or 6 kids roaming thru the streets and just generally hanging out yesterday.

And speaking of rural areas, there's another meat processing plant that's going to possibly shut down. 

Officials urge Tyson Foods to shut down plant after employees test positive for COVID-19 https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB12OfU7?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

40 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I had to go look at this because my spouse grew up in Hastings (Adams County) and he still has family in the area but I believe the stats you mentioned (457 cases) are for Hall County which is Grand Island and vicinity. Actually wouldn't surprise me as GI is on the interstate plus has the VA facility which is where my late father-in-law used to go. He was in a care facility in GI for a number of years before he passed. My husband's late aunt used to drive from way up near the SD state line to Grand Island, and later Omaha for medical treatment. So all the major avenues for travel will allow the virus to reach the little towns scattered across the plains.

It's the packing plants blowing up in those two counties, same with Dawson