CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I feel bad when idiots get duped, especially when it costs them their lives.  They don't know any better.  They're ignorant.  They were never taught how to learn.

I want every one of these assholes who DOES know better to burn in fucking hell for taking advantage of a naive demographic.  Blood is on their hands.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I feel bad when idiots get duped, especially when it costs them their lives.  They don't know any better.  They're ignorant.  They were never taught how to learn.

I want every one of these assholes who DOES know better to burn in fucking hell for taking advantage of a naive demographic.  Blood is on their hands.

My grief radius does not extend to people dumb enough to congregate for mass protest during a pandemic with asymptomatic spread.  If someone is that fucking stupid, then we are better off without their genes in the pool.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

But if you go to her timeline.....
26c013a4707eae44496ad33526d617a9.jpg
ac413ff2c31035976658e204977c0291.jpg

And many more tweets of her promoting the protests and claiming that all this is a hoax.

No test for you, twat.

it's like in a tv show where they really want to give a new liver to a man in need, then they dig deep to find he drank a glass of champagne at his daughter's wedding.  except this is not nearly as noble.

if you act like an asshole online, the testing-karma fairy might bite you in the ass.

click bate, and such.

Good thread.  This indicates good news for overall mortality but means it’s even harder to contain for those that are vulnerable since so many “healthy” people could be spreading it unknowingly.  NY testing 3,000 this week in a similar study.  Very interested in those numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The United States reacted instead like Pakistan or Belarus

Is that better or worse than a banana republic? It feels like it's probably worse.

It's a shame Manuel Noriega died. We had him ready to go in a cell. He could have lifted us back up to the level of a banana republic in no time. WINNING! 

Yes, we're double fucked, my friend.

Our habit of politicizing every issue really works against in a crisis like this. As often happens, the legitimate questions about restarting the economy and how and where are made turbid by idiots taking up one side. Whatever intelligent argument may support opening things back up at what point now have to fight through my disgust at the morons saying, "do it today! Everything will be fine."

Trump and his fellow liars (oh, sorry, forgot to do the CNN pussyfoot and call them false claimers) are poisoning our ability to act in any common sense way. They lie and they strangle the flow of information or prevent it from being discovered (talking testing here). We have a rabidly malign and stupid faction pressing hard against a more well-meaning faction largely blinded.

Getting to the truth is like trying to eat a living skunk. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

these re-open the state rallies have pushed me over the edge. i'm rooting for the virus.

You say what I fight to keep from thinking. These villains don't care about anybody else's health or life. They show up with combat rifles and absurd cosplay commando outfits. They're actions will almost doubtless lead to suffering at the least and death at the worst.

I will not lament the inevitable tweets about those idiots who die. I'm not a Christian. I try to care about the people around me. I think tolerance is a modest expectation among we humans. I don't feel obliged to care about the intolerant and malicious.

If the virus has to kill somebody, sure, make it one of these strutting, heavily-armed clowns and not somebody taking steps to neither get nor give the disease.

In short: yea, fuck these guys.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

As often happens, the legitimate questions about restarting the economy and how and where are made turbid by idiots taking up one side. Whatever intelligent argument may support opening things back up at what point now have to fight through my disgust at the morons saying, "do it today! Everything will be fine."

So much this.

In a saner time, I would PROBABLY be among the voices "advocating" for a reasonably aggressive economic "reopening," because we are absolutely in a position where we risk the cure being worse than the disease (literally, I guess).  We very much have to strike a balance, and maybe even err slightly towards the "reopening" side, because the collateral damage that we're already seeing is just freaking brutal.

But to be a voice on that "side" of the conversation puts you in the company of fucking idiots and pure distilled idiocy.  The political poison that is immediately injected into any discussion that should be reasonable and measured makes that conversation impossible.  It's so damned frustrating.

If we had a leader who set a tone of "we absolutely must look out for each other, and to control this fire before it rages out of control, we have to take these steps.  They are HARD.  They will HURT.  But we will get through them, and we will reach a point where we can take reasonable measures to reopen our businesses.  And we have to work hard to put things in place that will help make that reopening successful, like a functional "test and trace" program.  Balance is important -- surely some of you would like us to stay locked down until we have a vaccine -- but we can't let millions of Americans lose everything, putting their health and life in danger in a different way.  And surely some of you would like us to return to normal tomorrow -- but we can't just snap back to normal with a virus that spreads so efficiently, and kills so many, so quickly.  We are Americans -- we find the best path, and we walk it together.  We will do so, using the same spirit and ingenuity that took us to the moon and back."  Own the fact that it's hard, and that both "interests" have pros and cons, and we need to strike a smart balance.  That's all I'm asking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'll leave this here, because the Oil Barons have had a bad day.

The Lege thread is buried God knows where. 

The Saudis are our friends as trump Said, I am sure he got a nice payday out of it 

On 4/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Don’t cry on Twitter or from a podium in the Rose Garden. Make. It. Happen. It’s called leadership. Issuing guidelines and relying 100% on states while tweeting in ALL CAPS isn’t going to accomplish anything. Actually some weak red states like Florida may lift restrictions too early and a larger number of people will die. So that’s something 

Oh look. I was right. Sorry about your death toll Georgia 

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'll leave this here, because the Oil Barons have had a bad day.

The Lege thread is buried God knows where. 

Texas will vote dem this fall. Oil is not only worthless, at least for a month, it’s something you have to actually get rid of, like the clap, Coronavirus or trump.

Trump will lose Texas this fall. This is shaping up to be a Mondale type election with a bunch of racist white trash in the south and Appalachian states keeping it from being a complete rout. And at the end that might not even hold up.

• Like 1