CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

i think he just came up with a new lie on the spot.  the time wasted on impeachment should've been spent by the dems investigating china.  a lot of people are saying it's the democrats' fault that china is doing what they're doing.

other highlights:

"i cannot tell a lie"

and his mentioning of the election in november, which he's pretty sure will be a "landslide."  i do think he's right about that.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

this is some grade fucking a word salad.

are there transcripts of this recorded anywhere?  i feel horrible for whomever has that job.

good lord he's been on about the total death number for several minutes now.  and it wasn't even in response to a question.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Fucker wants us to praise him because a million people might not die. 

he wants credit for locking down the country keeping the numbers under control.

this motherfucker didn't lock down shit.  my city and state were closed by the people in charge of it while trump was wearing kag hats to the cdc and claiming the tests were as perfect as the ukraine call.

and a 6 minute display of verbal diarrhea closes it out, and he walks away.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

are there transcripts of this recorded anywhere?  i feel horrible for whomever has that job.

good lord he's been on about the total death number for several minutes now.  and it wasn't even in response to a question.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Trump talks so much nonsense, I have no idea how people take him seriously.

My buddy is a staunch Republican and conservative and did not vote for Trump because of Trump's nonsensical word salads. He said something along the lines of "Whenever someone frequently says 'trust me' all the time and never explains themselves they are guaranteed to be full of shit."

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yes, there are transcripts. Factbase uses AI so occasionally they have to go in and correct a word here or there. I've stopped watching for the time being. I can only take so much before the despair rises and I want to find a Trumper in a red hat, rip the hat off their head and puke in it before replacing it on their head.

He clearly relishes the cruel and sadistic deaths of people. The people that voted for him would never admit that they like tearing the wings off of flies, shooting BBs at cats, or torturing dogs, but I'm not kidding that Trump would enjoy those things and they love him for that.

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Good thread.  This indicates good news for overall mortality but means it’s even harder to contain for those that are vulnerable since so many “healthy” people could be spreading it unknowingly.  NY testing 3,000 this week in a similar study.  Very interested in those numbers.

I could be wrong, but I tend to think these studies are producing faulty results based on a false positive rate on the same order as (or even higher than) the actual positive rate.  When that happens, false positives drown out real positives.  It’s really odd that two different counties used a similar (or the same) antibody test and both found a 4.1% infection rate.  That could be a coincidence.  Or if could be that the rate of false positives on the test is around 4% and it’s drowning out the real data.

The NY study will indeed be interesting. NY has identified 12,850 cases per million residents (1.3%).  In order for that 55x ratio to apply in NY, over 70% of the population of the state would have been infected.  If the NY study comes out saying there’s only a 5-6% infection rate, that would support the idea that the earlier results in California were driven by false positives (and that most of the NY results are, too).

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I can't recall where I saw it (here?  twitters?) but some of those signs, from different cities, all have the same font.

It’s all fake. The protesters are crisis actors. (Which, like every other right wing accusation, was an admission).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Even better.  Straight up, you stop posting in the CR or I do. 

Nah. That’s 50-50 and like I told you, I’m not stopping posting here until trump is gone. So I think you will see that anyway, although I might post every now and then for old times sake. While I think trump lose Texas I’m not gonna go so far as to bet on it with straight up odds. That would be dumb.

I’ll put up $500 with the odds you posted. Deal?

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

Never heard of Sami Zayn, but he seems to be an intelligent young man.

Raise your hand if you had 2020 as the year where we look to voters in Mississippi and the WWE for wisdom?

Fuck this timeline.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't give a fuck about testing strategy yet.  I just want more tests in production.  And the feds are the only ones that can pull that off.

Once we solve the numbers problem, we can work on the strategy.

34 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’ll put up $500 with the odds you posted. Deal?

Book it. I’ll tell you the charity where your contribution should go to and you can send me a receipt. I’ll even let you take the tax deduction. And I’ll play the other side on predictit to make something on the swing. 

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't give a fuck about testing strategy yet.  I just want more tests in production.  And the feds are the only ones that can pull that off.

Once we solve the numbers problem, we can work on the strategy.

Who makes the test and the sellers are a sticking point I bet. Smells funny. Sure the states will run tests, cities, some tiny outpost, but where they get them and for how much is my question. 

• Like 1