CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Read the list, and all that stuff was A-ok when I was a kid. Hard to believe we survived.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah I kind of look back on it all in amazement. Have had many conversations with friends along the lines of “can you believe what we used to do?” It was nuts

And that list is just what our parents did, not what we did ourselves. 

In hindsight, I miss none of it though.  Especially the lack of seatbelts.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In hindsight, I miss none of it though.  Especially the lack of seatbelts.

The list has to be taken as a whole. It's all interrelated. EG eating the lead paint chips may, sure, knock off an IQ point or two, whatever those are. But it also gives you some bounce-back ability when you face-plant over the handlebars with no helmet on. Then, if you live longer, of course you're driving drunk. You're always drunk, so how would you just cut it off when you drive? And the no seat belts thing makes more sense when you roll back all the sissy manufacturing "standards" and put us all back behind the wheel of Flying Fire Bombs once again. Sure you'll probably die if you're thrown clear, but you can have an open-casket funeral, unlike if you're still inside the crumpled hulk only seconds away from exploding.

And if you're worried about smoking the cigarettes, you don't even want to know what's in the candy kids' version.

• Haha 2

One kid who was smack near the front middle of one of my classes tested positive. Anybody who was within 6' of his desk and unvaxxed is due to quarantine for ten days. This has the effect of knocking out 1/3 of the class. The class was too large anyway and I had split them into two groups to meet at different times, but the point will soon be moot.

So I sent out the mass email, and am now Solomonically fielding individual questions where a more OCD teacher would calculate angles and measurements, but I'm all "if you are at all in doubt, stay home." My basic assumption is that they all already have it and either don't know or aren't telling.

There is probably some political reason I haven't been told to just say "Fuck it, it's all online now," but practically, it's "fuck it, it's all online now." If I allow a half-dozen quarantinees to email me assignments, I'd just as soon they all did. I'll show up to teach in person like they paid me to, maybe sit on a bench and check student emails. If a student just has to come in person, they can sit on a nearby bench.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bring back lawn darts!

And smallpox and polio while we’re at it.

When I was really young I would ride bitch in the frontseat on the fold-down armrest with no seatbelt.  The only thing between me and the windshield was my dad sticking his arm out in time.  To his credit, the one time it mattered he successfully deployed his arm.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

When I was really young I would ride bitch in the frontseat on the fold-down armrest with no seatbelt.  The only thing between me and the windshield was my dad sticking his arm out in time.  To his credit, the one time it mattered he successfully deployed his arm.

I used to nap under the rear window behind the back seat. Seatbelts? No one wore seatbelts.

One kid who was smack near the front middle of one of my classes tested positive. Anybody who was within 6' of his desk and unvaxxed is due to quarantine for ten days. This has the effect of knocking out 1/3 of the class. The class was too large anyway and I had split them into two groups to meet at different times, but the point will soon be moot.
So I sent out the mass email, and am now Solomonically fielding individual questions where a more OCD teacher would calculate angles and measurements, but I'm all "if you are at all in doubt, stay home." My basic assumption is that they all already have it and either don't know or aren't telling.
There is probably some political reason I haven't been told to just say "Fuck it, it's all online now," but practically, it's "fuck it, it's all online now." If I allow a half-dozen quarantinees to email me assignments, I'd just as soon they all did. I'll show up to teach in person like they paid me to, maybe sit on a bench and check student emails. If a student just has to come in person, they can sit on a nearby bench.
We actually figured out that it says in our university policies that "face-to-face" means that you meet in person "for at least 50% of the class sessions." So a bunch of the faculty not scheduled to teach online are choosing to teach online for the first 3 weeks.
  • Drool 1

What a fucking pussy. Why not stick to your guns, you betacucktard?? You gonna let a little kung flu move you off your idiotic, q-driven principles?

so much finding out.  And not a one of these amoebic troglodytes will ever apologize for their blatant disregard for facts, science, and basic human empathy. Fuck him and his stupid fuck wife. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

What a fucking pussy. Why not stick to your guns, you betacucktard?? You gonna let a little kung flu move you off your idiotic, q-driven principles?

so much finding out.  And not a one of these amoebic troglodytes will ever apologize for their blatant disregard for facts, science, and basic human empathy. Fuck him and his stupid fuck wife. 

naw, she's off making him a sammich.

11 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Read the list, and all that stuff was A-ok when I was a kid. Hard to believe we survived.

The helmet thing came up a lot when my kids were little. A lot of Gen-X dads would point out how our generation didn't wear helmets and I would bring up the fact that I had 3 different childhood friends that were taken away in ambulances due head injuries. Risk mitigation mother fuckers!

• Like 2

I feel some empathy for this guy, because he lost a family member. Still, this logic is infuriating: “My uncle didn’t take the medicine that could keep him alive. The doctors and nurses didn’t give him medicine that isn’t approved to treat the disease he got. He wanted it though, because of internet. I’m mad at the doctors and nurses.”

image.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

58 minutes ago, F250 said:

The helmet thing came up a lot when my kids were little. A lot of Gen-X dads would point out how our generation didn't wear helmets and I would bring up the fact that I had 3 different childhood friends that were taken away in ambulances due head injuries. Risk mitigation mother fuckers!

Yeah, I am a dad on the cusp of the meaningless line between Gen-X and Millennial. I didn’t wear a helmet and made it. Several friends had stitches/concussions. My kids wear bike helmets. It’s almost like I take precautions with the things I value even though something bad might not happen. I’ve driven several cars I never crashed and it never occurred to me to just not get insurance.

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

I feel some empathy for this guy, because he lost a family member. Still, this logic is infuriating: “My uncle didn’t take the medicine that could keep him alive. The doctors and nurses didn’t give him medicine that isn’t approved to treat the disease he got. He wanted it though, because of internet. I’m mad at the doctors and nurses.”

image.thumb.jpeg.d475eabb186e195883c6c017623febbb.jpeg

Is this from TexAgs?

Fuck this guy and his uncle. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Is this from TexAgs?

Fuck this guy and his uncle. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Eh, you gotta find empathy when you can and hold on. Boomers and Fox Junkies who get brainworms are victims of propaganda as well as their own bad decisions. They have people who love them and hopefully in balance were people who did nice things for loved ones and their communities even while having those brainworms.

Now people who have platforms and actively spread this propaganda at scale and hurt others, like pols and radio hosts? Probably their deaths are a net positive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Eh, you gotta find empathy when you can and hold on. Boomers and Fox Junkies who get brainworms are victims of propaganda as well as their own bad decisions. They have people who love them and hopefully in balance were people who did nice things for loved ones and their communities even while having those brainworms.

Now people who have platforms and actively spread this propaganda at scale and hurt others, like pols and radio hosts? Probably their deaths are a net positive. 

They can all go fuck themselves, as far as I'm concerned. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I agree 100% with this.

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Oh my:

E9cTJwWWUAEU1MX?format=jpg&name=large

The vets are siding with the paste eaters. This conspiracy goes deeper than I thought.

Your dog has a cough.  Sure I can prescribe ivermectin.  Total will be $375.

Edited by Post Oak

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

image.jpeg

His last sentence is right.  It should be a sober warning for all.  Get the vaccine because our emergency medical services are fucking red lining, or be a-o-fucking-k with 3rd world emergency medical conditions.

• Hook 'Em 1