CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

What's that old cliche all the networks pull out every presidential election night?  "The country goes as Ohio goes" or something to that effect.

May I remind everyone that last month Ohio's state version of Fauci "guestimated" that the state had over 100,000 cases of Coronavirus.  The current count last I checked was eight thousand something.

As far as defending what Trump did today all I have to say is this......

93% percent

• Fuck You 20

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/492566-house-delays-expected-return-until-may-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer's (D-Md.) office announced Monday that the expected date to return will be in early May "absent an emergency."

I was under the impression that this whole situation has been an emergency for the last month.  If it's not then what is it?  If it is why isn't Congress getting off their ass?  Of course the longer this goes on, the worse off the economy gets and theoretically the better the chances of a Democrat winning the White House in November but I'm sure that is all just coincidence and has absolutely nothing to do with the Democrats in the House deciding to delay their return to Washington D.C. for two additional weeks.  This fucking whole political party should die in the dumpster fire it has become.

• Fuck You 13

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/492566-house-delays-expected-return-until-may-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

I was under the impression that this whole situation has been an emergency for the last month.  If it's not then what is it?  If it is why isn't Congress getting off their ass?  Of course the longer this goes on, the worse off the economy gets and theoretically the better the chances of a Democrat winning the White House in November but I'm sure that is all just coincidence and has absolutely nothing to do with the Democrats in the House deciding to delay their return to Washington D.C. for two additional weeks.  This fucking whole political party should die in the dumpster fire it has become.

Just spit-ballin' here, Photoshop, but maybe because we're the hardest hit country in the midst of a highly contagious pandemic. 

56 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

May I remind everyone that last month Ohio's state version of Fauci "guestimated" that the state had over 100,000 cases of Coronavirus.  The current count last I checked was eight thousand something

Just checked...they haven't even tested 100k.  

They've tested about 65,000 with 6,900 positives...so extrapolate that rate (or a quarter of that) to the population of Ohio and let me know what you get.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

May I remind everyone that last month Ohio's state version of Fauci "guestimated" that the state had over 100,000 cases of Coronavirus.  The current count last I checked was eight thousand something.

You can't be this stupid.  It's simply not possible that anybody is this stupid.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You can't be this stupid.  It's simply not possible that anybody is this stupid.

Nah. The last few weeks have brought out his true intentions. He just posts shit to see how much he can stir things up and get everyone to react. It's a game, and he's playing this forum like a fiddle. He was low key for a while, but has escalated recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Protests in Minnesota later on this week.

I'm sure she's right that the gov seeks to "strip away and annihilate freedoms" under the guise of public health rather than save lives. It is patently obvious that guy has designs on being state dictator and realizing his evil vision of a new, destitute and sedentary minnasew-da. 

It's always amusing to me when someone nukes any chance of appearing credible in the course of emotionally overselling any argument they may have. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Nah. The last few weeks have brought out his true intentions. He just posts shit to see how much he can stir things up and get everyone to react. It's a game, and he's playing this forum like a fiddle. He was low key for a while, but has escalated recently.

I see him like the scout team, helping me prep for dealing with family members who watch Fox 24/7.

He helps me stay sharp

• Like 2

Here is Dotard's proof that the administration "took action". Let's look at some highlights: He vowed to do something in the SOTU. A team got ready to travel to China. CDC shipped things to other countries. Told reporters something. Worked to expedite a vaccine (which will take a year). Team continued to prepare for a trip. Discussed virus with foreign leaders.

Omg, his proof is hilarious. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Here is Dotard's proof that the administration "took action". Let's look at some highlights: He vowed to do something in the SOTU. A team got ready to travel to China. CDC shipped things to other countries. Told reporters something. Worked to expedite a vaccine (which will take a year). Team continued to prepare for a trip. Discussed virus with foreign leaders.

Omg, his proof is hilarious. 

giphy.gif

some poor staffer had to drum this up after the orange one said he would provide a list. That had to be a fun night scrolling through emails trying to find anything that seemed related for that month. 

45 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I see him like the scout team, helping me prep for dealing with family members who watch Fox 24/7.

He helps me stay sharp

Stay sharp for what? To find the perfect argument to change the mind of the Trump supporter? How's that working out for you?

Or are you finding that your family members just keep watching Fox News and repeating what they hear just like every other Trump troll?

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Virginia pastor who held packed church services during coronavirus and who mocked the virus dies of coronavirus.  His wife also has it.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/

“It becomes very real to you,” she told WTVR after her parents’ diagnoses.

They are everything that is wrong with this country.  Nothing is real until it effects you personally.  Kids in cages---they're criminals.  People without power after Maria--they're brown.  Corona virus patients--they're dirty, liberal New Yorkers.  Packing a church with white people, well then shit gets real, and is excusable and sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

election year bro.  The russian's don't have the budget for sustained trolls.

Just checked...they haven't even tested 100k.  
They've tested about 65,000 with 6,900 positives...so extrapolate that rate (or a quarter of that) to the population of Ohio and let me know what you get.

I think we've already seen he's not capable of simple math.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Stay sharp for what? To find the perfect argument to change the mind of the Trump supporter? How's that working out for you?

Or are you finding that your family members just keep watching Fox News and repeating what they hear just like every other Trump troll?

I've gotten my Trumper cousin to acknowledge how poorly our country was prepared as far as testing.

43 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I feel like I'm getting close with my mom...she's at least questioning things now, but she could just be humoring me.

But I love them, so I can't just not try.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's pretty hilarious. And scathing. Yeah, it's a thread. 

We have a young-earth creationist on the panel who is trying to balance the economy against the worst public health crisis in a hundred years?  That seems normal. 

I like this line:

Now, I wouldn't say that any of these guys are on the council because they are white. But how many black US policymakers do you know with a community college degree?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Virginia pastor who held packed church services during coronavirus and who mocked the virus dies of coronavirus.  His wife also has it.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/

Is "womp womp" too inconsiderate or right on brand for a Trump supporter? Perhaps "I really don't care, do you?"

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I'm curious as to how the market will react when it becomes obvious the economy isn't going to reopen or bounce back anywhere near as quickly as the administration would like people to believe.

Depends the quality of the campaign ads at the time. 

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

March 12th

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/ohio-department-of-health-says-100-000-ohioans-are-carrying-coronavirus

Also claimed the number of cases would double every six days, that should mean over three million cases in Ohio by now.  I was actually off with my memory, the latest number of cases according to the tracker John Hopkins is using is less than 7,000 cases.  There is absolutely no fucking way in the world social distancing is decreasing the amount of coronavirus cases by ninety nine percent.  (3.2 million cases in Ohio is where we would be if we started out with 100,000 cases on March 12 with the number of cases doubling every six days.  7,000 divided by 3.2 million=.002)These health experts see every crisis through absolute worst case scenarios and the reality is very few of them ever actually are.  "Experts" pull numbers like this out of their ass and go super heavy on the over to cover their ass.  The media then parrots these numbers at the top of their lungs over and over until the entire country is in a panic.  They do not ask how do you get these numbers.  They do not ask how confident are you in these numbers.  And when the numbers come out this far off base they don't ask why.  Unless of course it is Trump relaying the numbers.  They get real interested then but not when anyone else pulls a number out of their ass.

• Fuck You 12

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That the lady has an Israeli flag displayed with and displayed above the US flag, tells you all you need to know about this person.

Are you calling her a juicer?

I mean a Jew, Sir?

Edited by SameSame