CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I see both sides of it (oh god, that made me throw up in my mouth saying that).

I left for greener pastures (new job, more money, blue state) but I definitely felt like I abandoned Texas to the crazy fucks and can't fight them or cancel out their votes from elsewhere.  But I'm headed back due to family stuff - Colorado isn't going to miss my blue vote, but Texas will welcome it.

Hey, at least I made sure Cory Gardner ended up unemployed. 

Thanks for balancing out my forthcoming departure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I guess you have missed the whole my parents both voted for Trump and vote straight party R discussion.  I love them, but I refuse to support their politics.  My dad is a one issue voter (Gun Rights) and my mom used to vote D, but has been a straight R voter since W.  If they care to see me, they know where I am.  

Some day the parents that you love are going to be gone and you're going to look back at how silly it was to aggy boycott them because they were 2 of 74 million Americans to vote republican in the 2020 presidential election.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck em. Fuck em all. We’ve cut ties with my FIL, a racist Trumpkin. And our entire family is better for it.

Well, she said she loves her parents and isn't cutting ties with them.  And didn't describe them as racist like your FIL (oh, I know they have to be, because...).  She only is boycotting visiting them because of a law passed in Texas.  That seems dramatic to me and something that will be regretted later.

Your advice is to fuck them all and encourage people to cut ties with their Republican family members because you did.  Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

Well, she said she loves her parents and isn't cutting ties with them.  And didn't describe them as racist like your FIL (oh, I know they have to be, because...).  She only is boycotting visiting them because of a law passed in Texas.  That seems dramatic to me and something that will be regretted later.

Your advice is to fuck them all and encourage people to cut ties with their Republican family members because you did.  Agree to disagree.

She said she'd welcome them to her home, it's not like she's refusing to see them. She doesn't want to go to Texas, I don't see the issue.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

She said she'd welcome them to her home, it's not like she's refusing to see them. She doesn't want to go to Texas, I don't see the issue.

Refusing to visit parents you love and haven't seen in 2 years because they live in a state you recently decided to boycott just seems dramatic.  That's all.  I hope she gets the reaction she wants and doesn't regret it.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

No offense, but it sounds like a pretty damn good reason to me.

No offense, but punishing your parents because people who they have no control over do things that you don't like seems pretty crappy. 

I don't like the things that my father's neighbor does and believes  but I still go and see my dad. 

One day her parents will be gone and she'll feel pretty petty and foolish. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What if the parents won't stop shitting all over the place & bring politics in to every conversation or constantly berating her political choices?

Because if I could avoid going to my in-laws then I sure as hell would.  Even my Trumper wife knows her Dad says some pretty racist shit from time to time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Christine seems quite cute. And there's this on her feed too:

@PenelopeWitherspoonI guess turnabout is fair play. While Todd Wilday currently resides in Jarrell and is a choad who's overly proud of his Hummer, that motherfucker is from *ahem* Schenectady NY and only moved here in 2016.

image.thumb.png.2b8995c995282002422034df11c69710.png

https://www.facebook.com/wwilday1

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't visit my parents in Conroe, because the lake water seems to have rotted the brains of everyone in Montgomery County. I told them this would be the case a little over a year ago, when all their buddies were spouting off hateful shit on Facebook (which I don't have, but the especially heinous comments get relayed to me). They can drive to central Texas to see me, which they have done a couple of times. I certainly don't have the respect I once did for them, though.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

What if the parents won't stop shitting all over the place & bring politics in to every conversation or constantly berating her political choices?

Because if I could avoid going to my in-laws then I sure as hell would.  Even my Trumper wife knows her Dad says some pretty racist shit from time to time.
Whoa your wife is a Trumper? Bruh

Some day the parents that you love are going to be gone and you're going to look back at how silly it was to aggy boycott them because they were 2 of 74 million Americans to vote republican in the 2020 presidential election.
I'll refrain from judging a women's choice to not visit a state that is racing to bottom on women's right.

13 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I don't visit my parents in Conroe, because the lake water seems to have rotted the brains of everyone in Montgomery County. 

The first time I had a conversation with a random stranger in the Conroe area, he informed me that his son ignored his daughter-in-law, so now he, the father-in-law, was fucking her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

@PenelopeWitherspoonI guess turnabout is fair play. While Todd Wilday currently resides in Jarrell and is a choad who's overly proud of his Hummer, that motherfucker is from *ahem* Schenectady NY and only moved here in 2016.

Upstate New York = Pensyltucky.  

Thank God in NYC, we only have Staten Island to worry about.  In a city of 8.8M, under 500k live in Staten Island.  I would be happy to give Staten Island away.  It is the College Station of NYC.  The only good thing about Staten Island is that is where What We Do in the Shadows is set.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2

The first time I had a conversation with a random stranger in the Conroe area, he informed me that his son ignored his daughter-in-law, so now he, the father-in-law, was fucking her.
Ha, Conroe is pretty bad but perhaps they were visiting the big city from the nearby town of Cut and Shoot, Texas. I try to avoid conversations with random strangers in Conroe, as the conversations with the people I know there are unpleasant enough.
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

I am not cutting ties with them.  But it makes zero sense for me to go to Bell County where COVID is raging from my nice apartment in Manhattan.  My parents have someone to look over the house and they are retired. It is infinitely easier for them to come up here (I have offered to pay for them to do so) than it is for me to come to them.  Especially since Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to be in the city.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

2 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:
5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Ha, Conroe is pretty bad but perhaps they were visiting the big city from the nearby town of Cut and Shoot, Texas. I try to avoid conversations with random strangers in Conroe, as the conversations with the people I know there are unpleasant enough.

I have been past the shining hubcap emporia of Cut and Shoot. To make the vision perfect, there was a scrappy girl walking past in Daisy Dukes who looked like she had about three good years left before she either bloated or shriveled, depending on the bacon grease/cigarette smoke ratio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Upstate New York = Pensyltucky.  

Thank God in NYC, we only have Staten Island to worry about.  In a city of 8.8M, under 500k live in Staten Island.  I would be happy to give Staten Island away.  It is the College Station of NYC.  The only good thing about Staten Island is that is where What We Do in the Shadows is set.

Which is obviously part of the joke.

KLUNTNBZMBBNDMVF4TE4ZQ4OPY.png

Your dismissal of Schenectady as being upstate NY, however, sounds a whole lot like our complaints about the less-than-urban parts of Texas. The difference being, there's a whole lot more of rural Texas than there is of upstate NY. As our cities continue to get bigger, we'll hopefully balance shit out.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Which is obviously part of the joke.

KLUNTNBZMBBNDMVF4TE4ZQ4OPY.png

Your dismissal of Schenectady as being upstate NY, however, sounds a whole lot like our complaints about the less-than-urban parts of Texas. The difference being, there's a whole lot more of rural Texas than there is of upstate NY. As our cities continue to get bigger, we'll hopefully balance shit out.

The difference is that ONE city in NYC is basically half the population of the state.  It is the complete economic engine of the state.  Albany tends to fucking forget that as do the people in those shitty, shitty places.  Upstate NY has a lot in common with the Rust Belt.

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The difference is that ONE city in NYC is basically half the population of the state.  It is the complete economic engine of the state.  Albany tends to fucking forget that as do the people in those shitty, shitty places.  Upstate NY has a lot in common with the Rust Belt.

Well, yeah, that's my point. Give Texas cities another decade, and the changing urban/rural ratio will hopefully do the job here too.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Well, yeah, that's my point. Give Texas cities another decade, and the changing urban/rural ratio will hopefully do the job here too.

Texas women don't have a decade.  Sorry, but that abortion nonsense should drive every woman of child bearing age that has any self respect out of the state.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Texas women don't have a decade.  Sorry, but that abortion nonsense should drive every woman of child bearing age that has any self respect out of the state.

My 21-year-old daughter is going to college right now in Rochester, NY, and she's hesitant about coming back to Texas after graduation. So, yeah, I get it, and I don't blame her.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Mouthbreather? Check. Stars-and-bars apparel? Check. Budweiser? Check. Pit bull? Check.

mouthbreather2.jpeg

mouthbreather1.jpeg

mouthbreather3.jpeg

mouthbreather4.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My 21-year-old daughter is going to college right now in Rochester, NY, and she's hesitant about coming back to Texas after graduation. So, yeah, I get it, and I don't blame her.

If it's Rochester (the school), my neighbor's daughter went there and really did well. Had good things to say about the school.

47 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My 19-YO daughter is a sophomore at UT, and I got to have an overly specific conversation with her once the 6-week thing came down the pipeline.  I didn't see any choice, and she seemed relieved to confide in someone.  We came damn close to writing our own chant -- "condoms, the pill, day after, hey!".

Fuck parenting.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No offense, but punishing your parents because people who they have no control over do things that you don't like seems pretty crappy. 

I don't like the things that my father's neighbor does and believes  but I still go and see my dad. 

One day her parents will be gone and she'll feel pretty petty and foolish. 

"I don't actively participate fascism aimed at hurting people and overthrowing the public....I just enable and actively support people who do" isn't the exoneration you're looking for.  History is pretty clear on the fact that fascists don't come to power -- and do the hideous damage they do -- without a critical mass of ordinary citizens who supported and enabled them.  They have culpability.  Serious culpability.  The kind of culpability that, if unrepentant, cannot be excused.

If you empower someone to hurt my friends and neighbors, and attack my country, you are no different than the person hurting them, and looking to murder the Vice President to stop a constitutional process.  It's serious business because it's serious fucking business.  Real people, and our country, are suffering real harm, while people like them say "what's the big deal, we just disagree?"  Nope.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

Whoa your wife is a Trumper? Bruh

Yeah. That’s.  Man. When I was growing up my parents were on different sides of the aisle usually and even then I found it weird. At least that could be a division on policies. This is way different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If it's Rochester (the school), my neighbor's daughter went there and really did well. Had good things to say about the school.

Mine's at RIT, which is also a great school for what my kid is studying.

Edit: Film/Design/Imaging/Editing stuff

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Mouthbreather? Check. Stars-and-bars apparel? Check. Budweiser? Check. Pit bull? Check.

mouthbreather2.jpeg

mouthbreather4.jpeg

Hey cool, Upstate New York has a FitLump like ours.  Some kinda sister-city political program or something.  Neat!

4 hours ago, brakeman said:

image.png.d4d06178b8e995c495c3d06130f728ed.png

bye.

According to the emergency suspension, LaTulippe in July allegedly told a patient who asked for guidance on when to get tested for the coronavirus that asymptomatic people should not be tested and that wearing a mask does not prevent transmission. LaTulippe directed the patient not to self-isolate because being around other people would provide immunity from Covid-19, according to the state board's documents.

The medical board also found that LaTulippe and his staff refused to wear masks in the clinic and urged patients to remove their own masks. Medical board investigators who visited LaTulippe said there were no screening procedures upon entering the premises and no hand sanitizer was available in the waiting area.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-doctor-s-license-revoked-over-refusal-wear-mask-during-n1250092

Holy shit.

• Rage+1 1